BATMAN vs SUPERMAN

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Does this mean they are going to scrap plans to go forward with the franchise? (Personally I doubt it as they probably have too much invested at this point.)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
They could kill off Batman, have WW whip out a legion ring and start making superhero movies rather than depressing stacks of shit..................

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I suspect at minimum it means adios to Zack Snyder.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Part of their problem is the sort of person they need running this seems to be tied to Marvel right now (Joss Whedon, Jon Favreau, James Gunn).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Does this mean they are going to scrap plans to go forward with the franchise? (Personally I doubt it as they probably have too much invested at this point.)

They will do best if they just dump the Avengers-esque "team" concept for their characters. Keep Wonder Woman separate from Supes, separate from Batman and the others. Putting them together does not work like it does for Marvel. Also, for those who saw it, what looked like happened to Superman probably is not permanent. I have the luxury of being able to rewind and slow down the film and the last 5 seconds tells you.

They have a very strong character in the new Wonder Woman, as long as they keep Gal Gadot and her new costume. This time, the costume fits her new character. This is not just America's Wonder Woman anymore. I really never cared for Superman, and as much as I want his ending in this movie to be permanent, it wont be. And Affleck's Batman...he may have killed it for that particular version. His Alfred valet was played better IMO. A more ballsy, updated Alfred and not the stodgy old man Alfred.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Part of their problem is the sort of person they need running this seems to be tied to Marvel right now (Joss Whedon, Jon Favreau, James Gunn).

Surely there's someone new they could take a chance on. They almost have to based upon the numbers you listed.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Surely there's someone new they could take a chance on. They almost have to based upon the numbers you listed.

And they should do exactly that. Look at how Marvel took a flyer on an indie film director/writer named James Gunn and gave him the keys to Guardians of the Galaxy. The result was golden.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I've seen on the Net that DC has pulled Suicide Squad back for reshoots, and apparently has also moved the Wonder Woman film forward while also sending their "Flash" movie back for rewriting too.

Maybe they've figured out their whole movie universe has serious tonal problems?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I've seen on the Net that DC has pulled Suicide Squad back for reshoots, and apparently has also moved the Wonder Woman film forward while also sending their "Flash" movie back for rewriting too.

Maybe they've figured out their whole movie universe has serious tonal problems?

Not surprising! DC and Warner have a lot invested in the future of their comic book films, and they better make the best of it. Wonder Woman surprised me. In the trailer she induced an eyeroll, but in the movie she was actually quite good. Gal Gadot can EASILY pull of her character and she did a great job with what she was given. This could be her career defining role. Wonder Woman needs to be the next DC comic film, and I really hope they do not have any other superheroes in it.

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Sequels are already planned. You should know that already with Hollywood films. The question is, when or how much money they are willing to throw money at it.

lol after reading these reviews and all the others, I am glad that I didn't go and spend money to go see this.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
What the hell? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I just finished watching this about an hour ago. What a WASTE of my precious time.

Batman's motivation to kill Superman was completely unfounded and was devoid of any reasonable motivation other than jealousy. Batman was jealous that Superman exists. Really?!?

People were shot in the desert. How the f*ck was this attributed to Superman?!? That whole senate committee hearing was right out of left field and contrived for ... I haven't a f*cking clue.

Why would Lex create a monster over which he has absolutely NO control to kill Superman?

These elaborate schemes in this movie devised to defeat Superman reeked of Dr Evil in Austin Powers. How about just making a few Krytonite bullets and spray him with a machine gun?

As an aside, why did DC have to ruin Batman? What positive did this version of Batman add to the franchise? :facepalm:

Wonder Woman added absolutely nothing to the plot and was completely superfluous, as were the video shots of the other "superheroes". Aquaman poking the sea cam with a pitchfork with an angry face was laughably childish. The Flash is now a post-teen hipster (really?!?). And wtf was the point of Cyborg?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Maybe they can convince their investors that they can keep riding this first weekend hype formula and bank on, at the very least, doubling their money in first week hype sales.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Their problem is they need at least 800 million in boxoffice on this one to break even, and it looks like it will finish at maybe 850 million. Investors are unlikely to want to keep laying out for projects that only have a 6.5% return over investment. I suspect that is why DC films is suddenly making changes.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
So instead of watching this batman, I am watching the oldschool 60s version instead.

The cartoon 1992 is even better

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So instead of watching this batman, I am watching the oldschool 60s version instead.

The cartoon 1992 is even better

The original is more fun than any of the movies!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I agree. This whole serious overtone has ruined Batman.

I don't know, I mean, I gave up on the movies by the time George Cloony started playing the role because they had gotten way too campy. (The dude actually whips out a credit card that says "Batman Forever" on it. :rolleye0014: My friends and I actually walked out of the theater at that point.)

I think the nature of the character is supposed to be dark. That doesn't mean it always has to be played with a fatalistic, Christian Bale approach. Some humor is just fine in my estimation.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I don't know, I mean, I gave up on the movies by the time George Cloony started playing the role because they had gotten way too campy. (The dude actually whips out a credit card that says "Batman Forever" on it. :rolleye0014: My friends and I actually walked out of the theater at that point.)

I think the nature of the character is supposed to be dark. That doesn't mean it always has to be played with a fatalistic, Christian Bale approach. Some humor is just fine in my estimation.

face it ape- you are a sucker for a man in tights ...;)

edit- typoed that titts three times:P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
As it stands it will end its boxoffice run just barely breaking even. Investors are not going to like that.