BATMAN vs SUPERMAN

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
You know shaved, the trend of large codpieces was started to prevent chafing on men with syphilis................

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You know shaved, the trend of large codpieces was started to prevent chafing on men with syphilis................

Well I don't know if Henry Cavill has syphilis but I'd sure as hell love to find out first hand. ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Shaved, you need to separate Cavill the actor from Cavill the eye candy. As an actor he just isn't good enough to compensate for bad scripts.

Gal Gadot is a good actress in her own right. Not her fault the script gave her almost nothing to do ( and even with almost nothing to do multiple reviews said she stole the show, whatever that is worth in such a poorly done film).

Bale is an odd case. Put in the right place he is outstanding (American Psycho, Equilibrium, Batman Begins). But then you get Dark Knight Rises with the bad fight choreography and such.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Shaved, you need to separate Cavill the actor from Cavill the eye candy. As an actor he just isn't good enough to compensate for bad scripts.

Gal Gadot is a good actress in her own right. Not her fault the script gave her almost nothing to do ( and even with almost nothing to do multiple reviews said she stole the show, whatever that is worth in such a poorly done film).

Bale is an odd case. Put in the right place he is outstanding (American Psycho, Equilibrium, Batman Begins). But then you get Dark Knight Rises with the bad fight choreography and such.

It's probably something of a moot point as I'm not going to see this movie until it makes it to cable. Unless of course everyone says it's stellar than maybe, just maybe, I'll put it on my Netflix que.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Totally agree. :) He might as well have been playing the showbiz career of Pee Wee Herman. It did not matter how good looking he was.

Agreed. But she is playing....Wonder Woman. How can you be a great actress playing Wonder Woman? :moody: She is being wasted in this franchise. They could have done it with an unknown

I cant get past Bale's lisp, so he has to use some affected voice to conceal it.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
If you recall, the plane was invisible but Wonder Woman could be seen when she was flying in it, like she was floating in mid air or sitting in glass. What's the tactical advantage of flying something invisible that doesn't hide its contents?

I think its because she has nice legs and its nice to look at nice legs and if she was in a plane with panels we would not see those nice legs . Yup . Pretty sure it was all about the nice legs ...
;) ;) ;)

wonder-woman-tv-series-02-1-g.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Okay, so who saw or is going to see this flick this weekend? Give us a review when you do.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He has a lisp? I just pulled some videos from Batman and other movies and couldn't hear any lisp.

He covers it very very well. :) In Batman, he does it by deepening his voice and changing it completely.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
He covers it very very well. :) In Batman, he does it by deepening his voice and changing it completely.

If he covers it, how do you know he has a lisp? The batman voice is when he's in costume.

I found a whack load more videos on youtube that include clips and interviews going back to the 90s and I still can't find any lisp. Can you post up a video where it's apparent? For the life of me, I can't seem to find anything where he has a lisp.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The movie sucks, but people still went to see it. Someone else bought my ticket (for $4.25), so it wasn't cash out of my wallet.

Zach Snyder has turned it into WATCHMEN. I was horrified.

I'm behaving myself with great difficulty, as this is a profanity-free zone.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If he covers it, how do you know he has a lisp? The batman voice is when he's in costume.

I found a whack load more videos on youtube that include clips and interviews going back to the 90s and I still can't find any lisp. Can you post up a video where it's apparent? For the life of me, I can't seem to find anything where he has a lisp.

Ya know....Im wrong! I dont hear the lisp in everything. It might be a British inflection? I am going by my (unfavorable) impression of Terminator 4 and I just dont want to like him I guess! I think I am mistaken about the lisp.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Remember you liked Bale a lot in Equilibrium.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Bale burnout perhaps? :indecisiveness:

I'm definitely burned out on Bale at this point. Terminator Salvation really changed my opinion of him and the last Batman movie he did finalized it for me. Don't care for the guy at all anymore.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I don't blame Bale for the poor writing. That said, he is the type of actor who only works well in specific types of roles.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't blame Bale for the poor writing. That said, he is the type of actor who only works well in specific types of roles.

He's too intense and takes his craft too seriously. He's been revealed to be a diva-douche on set. That arrogance bleeds over into his performances and spoils it, at least for me.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That's part of why I said he needs specific role types. For example those qualities helped him in Equilibrium.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And...while it had a big Friday (before the word really got out) it also had one of the worst drops from Friday to Sunday in boxoffice history, losing 58% over the weekend.