"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D"

JaffaKree!

GateFans Member
I'm watching the pilot right now. Seven minutes in and I'm bored and a little bit embarrassed. So far this is like Spy Kids. Or if Nickelodeon remade Burn Notice.

I have asked so many questions during these seven minutes. Questions like: Why am I watching these flunkies instead of the actual superheroes? What's that gadget? Who's that? Why are they doing all this? What's that gadget? How is it possible I'm this confused when nothing is happening? Why are these two agents talking to eachother about what their job entails?

There's some pretty awkward exposition in this, the kind new writers do. Are we absolutely certain Whedon was involved in this? I don't worship on his altar or anything, but damn.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm watching the pilot right now. Seven minutes in and I'm bored and a little bit embarrassed. So far this is like Spy Kids. Or if Nickelodeon remade Burn Notice.

I have asked so many questions during these seven minutes. Questions like: Why am I watching these flunkies instead of the actual superheroes? What's that gadget? Who's that? Why are they doing all this? What's that gadget? How is it possible I'm this confused when nothing is happening? Why are these two agents talking to eachother about what their job entails?

There's some pretty awkward exposition in this, the kind new writers do. Are we absolutely certain Whedon was involved in this? I don't worship on his altar or anything, but damn.

OMG, you're spot on with everything you said! The dialogue was atrocious. I understand the need for writers to explain things to the audience via exposition, but that doesn't mean it has to be stupid and clunky.

Oh yeah -- props for the line: "So far this is like Spy Kids. Or if Nickelodeon remade Burn Notice." :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i did so not picture that...

Me either....GF is a longhair? I never would have thought it. :) I pictured a guy with a neat, short haircut.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Me either....GF is a longhair? I never would have thought it. :) I pictured a guy with a neat, short haircut.

I pictured a guy wielding a huge knife telling people "This is a knife!" and picking his nails with said knife as he posts here with a can of Fosters Ale dripping condensation next to his keyboard next to a plate of shrimp grilled on the barbie.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Next time you say I drink that swill fosters, I'll gut you with that knife.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Next time you say I drink that swill fosters, I'll gut you with that knife.

My M-B mechanic is 100% Aussie, my age and is also a longhair. :) He says "fck all" a lot, and he gets a portion of my monthly meat pies order. He has taken such good care of my car. :)

JaffaKree!

GateFans Member
OMG, you're spot on with everything you said! The dialogue was atrocious. I understand the need for writers to explain things to the audience via exposition, but that doesn't mean it has to be stupid and clunky.

Oh yeah -- props for the line: "So far this is like Spy Kids. Or if Nickelodeon remade Burn Notice." :icon_lol:

:tickled_pink: Props from the Prince of Snarkness himself! Sire, you flatter me.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
My M-B mechanic is 100% Aussie, my age and is also a longhair. :) He says "fck all" a lot, and he gets a portion of my monthly meat pies order. He has taken such good care of my car. :)

"he gets a portion of my monthly meat pies.."

Wow, don't ever want anyone to hear that line out of context do you?
:icon_e_surprised: :beguiled:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
"he gets a portion of my monthly meat pies.."

Wow, don't ever want anyone to hear that line out of context do you?
:icon_e_surprised: :beguiled:

World be worse if it were sausages! :anim_59: Have you ever had one of these pies? I order mine here: https://www.simplyoz.com/products/a...e_shipping_in_/australian_meat_pies_w_free_sh

For 24 pies, its $153.00, and $35.00 more for shipping to California. It works out to $7.00 per pie, but I have Nick (my mechanic) and a neighbor who is American but used to be married to an Aussie meat pie addict. She gets 5 pies out of that order. They come frozen, and they also have Aussie sausage rolls (awesomely delicious as well). I freakin LOVE them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
F'kn hell that's expensive

Yea, they are. But they are the real deal. I bought from another place called Australian Bakery Cafe here: http://www.australianbakerycafe.com/ I took a couple over to Nick and he said "The people who made this dont know fck all about Aussie meat pies!". I thought they were good, but nothing special. Then the other place I have been getting from in the link in the previous post, he says they are the real deal and they reminded him of home. :) I tried the sausage rolls and they are delicious too, but to me not as good as the meat pies. :) The order is not exactly monthly, more like every other month. I have only three left in my freezer right now. :(

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Meat pies are probably easier to make "well", sausage rolls however seem to bee much harder as you have to get the right mix of stuff in the filling and are much easier to make "badly". Best pies and Sausage rolls always come from a local bakery, and everyone has their favourite place. You should ask Nick where his fave ones came from, he'll prolly say the same. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
World be worse if it were sausages! :anim_59: Have you ever had one of these pies? I order mine here: https://www.simplyoz.com/products/a...e_shipping_in_/australian_meat_pies_w_free_sh

For 24 pies, its $153.00, and $35.00 more for shipping to California. It works out to $7.00 per pie, but I have Nick (my mechanic) and a neighbor who is American but used to be married to an Aussie meat pie addict. She gets 5 pies out of that order. They come frozen, and they also have Aussie sausage rolls (awesomely delicious as well). I freakin LOVE them.

Sure, "meat pies" OK, "wink, wink"-your secret is safe with us

:encouragement:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Is anyone watching this show regularly? I watched the first ep and that was enough for me.