"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D"

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I also am not crazy that the suit technology is widespread. It was just that to me the parts I liked were enough to carry it over the finish line. That said, I agree it isn't really rewatch material.

On a more general note, I do wish these movies would stop with the massive CGI orgy endings. It gets to the point where I just tune out because they have so many explosions and such going on that it makes it difficult to keep track of (or even interested in) the story.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I find that an odd thing to say considering that the progenitor of this very forum took immense joy in "shitting on whoever is participating in it"

I take your point, but it's to be expected to a degree is it not?

Sure! But it depends on the thread, does it not? :) I felt a need to speak out against truly touchy issues in the politics threads and in Flame Hell, but then anybody else can do the same. There are lots of shows here that I dont watch, and some i dont watch because i dont like them. But I dont go to the threads and tell everybody why I hate the show they like and are commenting on.

pleasure_cosby.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I also am not crazy that the suit technology is widespread. It was just that to me the parts I liked were enough to carry it over the finish line. That said, I agree it isn't really rewatch material.

On a more general note, I do wish these movies would stop with the massive CGI orgy endings. It gets to the point where I just tune out because they have so many explosions and such going on that it makes it difficult to keep track of (or even interested in) the story.

I dont mind the CGI as much at all. I kinda like it, but I agree about the explosions and demolishing of entire buildings and such. In this show, however, I do not see why some of the tech shown in the Avengers is not in the show. Why cant the plane cloak like the flying aircraft carrier in Avengers? Why a C130? Can the plane VTOL? There are lots of places in the series which show it's limited budget.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Iron Man 3 was my least favorite of the three, But I dont think it ruined the franchise or the Iron Man series. I dont like the fact that it seems everyone has his technology. He no longer seems "special" amongst the Avengers to me. Still, I thought it was okay. Not worth another rewatch for me.

I didn't like it either but I also don't think it destroyed the franchise. Dark Knob Rises, on the other hand, total handjob on the Batman franchise. Screwed it beyond recognition.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Sure! But it depends on the thread, does it not? :) I felt a need to speak out against truly touchy issues in the politics threads and in Flame Hell, but then anybody else can do the same. There are lots of shows here that I dont watch, and some i dont watch because i dont like them. But I dont go to the threads and tell everybody why I hate the show they like and are commenting on.
Meh, to me the only diff is the language, hell you and I have gone at it good and proper in some of those threads :lol:
Like I said, I see your point, but yeah, freedom of speech was a defining factor of the site was it not?
[/quote]
:lol: :lol:

I would like to talk to YOU about SOME of the THING'S you say in your POST!!!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I didn't like it either but I also don't think it destroyed the franchise. Dark Knob Rises, on the other hand, total handjob on the Batman franchise. Screwed it beyond recognition.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, DKR was just so......... out of place with the other two, which is sad seeing as how well it started. It started to slip in no 2 with the unneeded Two Face "side-story" at the end.

Sent from my diseased mind via blargg 2

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think Iron Man 3 would have been made immensely better had they just ditched the whole bit with him calling in 50 empty suits to help fight and just had it be him in his damaged suit rescuing Pepper and dealing with the baddie. Most of the film was small set and as such it was kind of nice but suddenly at the end they tried to be epic.

As to Dark Knight Rises, in a way it suffers from the same issue. Batman by its nature is at its best when the story is more "personal" - Batman one on one against the villains - and also smaller scale. When Nolan decided to make it an epic, modern day retelling of "A Tale of Two Cities" it became too big and epic and as a result was totally unfocused.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I think Iron Man 3 would have been made immensely better had they just ditched the whole bit with him calling in 50 empty suits to help fight and just had it be him in his damaged suit rescuing Pepper and dealing with the baddie. Most of the film was small set and as such it was kind of nice but suddenly at the end they tried to be epic.

As to Dark Knight Rises, in a way it suffers from the same issue. Batman by its nature is at its best when the story is more "personal" - Batman one on one against the villains - and also smaller scale. When Nolan decided to make it an epic, modern day retelling of "A Tale of Two Cities" it became too big and epic and as a result was totally unfocused.

There is no wrong in this post.

The "Christmas present" was a fun idea, but simply not a good one for a story that at its core was a personal one. I was also (purely as a comic book fan) disappointed that they turned the Mandarin into a stoner actor. I know you guys prefer the tech, but come on, you have Asgardian techno-magic embedded into current marvel series, what would be so wrong the Mandarin being who he was *supposed* to be???

As to batman............

Batman can work on a large scale, but as the leader of a superhero team a la Justice League, not as an individual. Despite his physical prowess, he really shines as the "worlds greatest detective" in the large scale stories.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

There were also HUGE problems with the technical side of things on this turd of a movie. The audio was atrocious. My friends made me turn on the subtitles just so we could understand what the hell was being said (so clearly it wasn't just me who couldn't hear the dialogue). And some of the fight scenes were so pathetically choreographed as to be cringe worthy.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
this is a show hubby and i watch to heckle while falling asleep is on hiatus.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
this is a show hubby and i watch to heckle while falling asleep is on hiatus.

Rac, I thought you had decided I was a complete asshole and left GateFans! :) Im glad you are back...you are free to slap me around in Flame Hell if you need to. :happy0007::P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Rac, I thought you had decided I was a complete asshole and left GateFans! :) Im glad you are back...you are free to slap me around in Flame Hell if you need to. :happy0007::P
LOL oh how you do go on. Life has been very busy here- trying to convince teenage girls they boyfriends should NOT slap them around can be a 80 hr a week job it seems! :P (BTW you are simply you no more and no less ;) )

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOL oh how you do go on. Life has been very busy here- trying to convince teenage girls they boyfriends should NOT slap them around can be a 80 hr a week job it seems! :P (BTW you are simply you no more and no less ;) )

Hey, I actually have a stamp in my passport book which says "GUILT TRIP" :anim_59:. I said some nasty things in Flame Hell (not about you, but about some things dear to you). I regret much of it. :redface: My daddy always told me to NEVER EVER EVER strike a woman no matter what (I have said this before). He said if a woman ever slapped me that I needed to concentrate on figuring out what I did or said to make her do so. :) I have lived by that credo my entire life. So....you get to slap me without fear of reprisal!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
We'll need some sort of "slap" animation...

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Hey, I actually have a stamp in my passport book which says "GUILT TRIP" :anim_59:. I said some nasty things in Flame Hell (not about you, but about some things dear to you). I regret much of it. :redface: My daddy always told me to NEVER EVER EVER strike a woman no matter what (I have said this before). He said if a woman ever slapped me that I needed to concentrate on figuring out what I did or said to make her do so. :) I have lived by that credo my entire life. So....you get to slap me without fear of reprisal!

Ooh! let me guess-you were also taught some antiquated garbage like "hold open doors for women", "on the sidewalk, you walk on the street side (closest to danger)" and when entering a 'dangerous place' like a dark room or parking garage at night, you enter first?
Crazy stuff huh?

That's what I was taught too.