"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D"

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
@Lord Ba'al did you get done with s7 yet?
Just finished now!

Seasons 6 and 7 turned out to be a lot shorter than the previous five. Shame.

Must say though that it was pretty decent. It felt like a sad ending to me though. The "old friends" meeting up after not having seen each other for a year and they only had a few minutes and weren't even there in person. I guess it was good to see most were still on the job. You'd think a group of people who've been working together for so long and been through all that crazy shit together would take more time for each other. The whole "after this mission we will never ever be in the same room together" thing was just a bummer, even before the ending.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Just finished now!

Seasons 6 and 7 turned out to be a lot shorter than the previous five. Shame.

Must say though that it was pretty decent. It felt like a sad ending to me though. The "old friends" meeting up after not having seen each other for a year and they only had a few minutes and weren't even there in person. I guess it was good to see most were still on the job. You'd think a group of people who've been working together for so long and been through all that crazy shit together would take more time for each other. The whole "after this mission we will never ever be in the same room together" thing was just a bummer, even before the ending.
agree.. i dont remember just which season was so bad.. in the way you were saying with the non stop near slapstick stuff going on.. maybe S5 The last 22 ep one?

but yes, S7 made up for it... i liked how they did take a bit from the films (ant man) with the quantum tunnel travel issue

also, as i said from net 'chatter' and actual news, it seems as if at least a few of these characters will be back in future movies or shows.. dont see how they go forward with a Coulson in some way

however, in the last shot when Coulson is 'flying' away it was no accident that in the background we can see a rebuilt SHIELD hq's-the one destroyed by helicarrier crash into it in one of the films (the one with robert redford i think) THE TRISKELION

so, the question is did the characters end up in a diff reality (please god no,, i hate the alt timeline crap in ANY show) or was it simply rebuilt?

they had dropped in dialogue i think in S6 or 7 about 'rebuilding shield' with new recruits a new academy,etc, so why would they not have rebuilt the triskelion? it seemed to have just as much to it below ground as above

what do you think?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
agree.. i dont remember just which season was so bad.. in the way you were saying with the non stop near slapstick stuff going on.. maybe S5 The last 22 ep one?

but yes, S7 made up for it... i liked how they did take a bit from the films (ant man) with the quantum tunnel travel issue

also, as i said from net 'chatter' and actual news, it seems as if at least a few of these characters will be back in future movies or shows.. dont see how they go forward with a Coulson in some way

however, in the last shot when Coulson is 'flying' away it was no accident that in the background we can see a rebuilt SHIELD hq's-the one destroyed by helicarrier crash into it in one of the films (the one with robert redford i think) THE TRISKELION

so, the question is did the characters end up in a diff reality (please god no,, i hate the alt timeline crap in ANY show) or was it simply rebuilt?

they had dropped in dialogue i think in S6 or 7 about 'rebuilding shield' with new recruits a new academy,etc, so why would they not have rebuilt the triskelion? it seemed to have just as much to it below ground as above

what do you think?
It is an alternate time line in SHIELD. The bad guys traveled back in time and made changes. Then in 1983 the Chronocomps (I believe that's what Coulson called them, although others sounded more like Chronocons) destroyed every SHIELD base from space, including the triskelion, excluding the lighthouse. But then Fitz was babbling about going back to the original timeline. Honestly, I'm not sure anymore.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It is an alternate time line in SHIELD. The bad guys traveled back in time and made changes. Then in 1983 the Chronocomps (I believe that's what Coulson called them, although others sounded more like Chronocons) destroyed every SHIELD base from space, including the triskelion, excluding the lighthouse. But then Fitz was babbling about going back to the original timeline. Honestly, I'm not sure anymore.
the last scenes where the yare meeting in VR is supposed to be in the main MCU timeline according to Feige..all that Chronicom destruction was in an alternate line, just like Deke is

but yeah.. tptb's can literally write in or out anything with a wowzie fantastical story line next time around-- like we have a new CPT America after Falcon and Wintersoldier aired the other night--- "poof!".. shit changed :)

the MCU is so full of purpose built plot holes, idk if the tptb's can even keep up with them

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
the last scenes where the yare meeting in VR is supposed to be in the main MCU timeline according to Feige..all that Chronicom destruction was in an alternate line, just like Deke is

but yeah.. tptb's can literally right in or out anything with a wowzie fantastical story line next time around-- like we have a new CPT America after Falcon and Wintersoldier aired the other night--- "poof!".. shit changed :)

the MCU is so full of purpose built plot holes, idk if the tptb's can even keep up with them
They are killing the entire MCU universe slowly with all this crap. They are ignoring origin stories and retconning them and basically detaching any comic book canon from the characters so they can use them to make movies. And the new audiences are one the wiser. They don't know or care about it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The MCU is dead anyway. The interest level crashed after Endgame and the constant indicators that the new films will be woke is not good either.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They are killing the entire MCU universe slowly with all this crap. They are ignoring origin stories and retconning them and basically detaching any comic book canon from the characters so they can use them to make movies. And the new audiences are one the wiser. They don't know or care about it.
books and comics don't matter,remember? all that does is what is shown on screen

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i think what "kills" it is the deliberate use of far too many temporary plot holes, used to be closed in another film or show. trying to be over clever.

at some point, they are going to scramble stuff beyond repair

i am sure this gets some ppl 'hooked' to keep watching. i just watch as it is something to watch

ps--its a damned good thing the Hasselhoff "nick fury" film isn't canon--try tying that B movie schlock in :)