The Orville

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Charly just comes across as an entitled brat.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Quite a filler episode looks like they ended that arc of Bortus son/daughter. There were some mistakes in the dialogue sometimes they referred to Topa as her or she and sometimes he or him

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have to catch up on The Orville - I was out of town the past few days.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I don't consider this a filler. There wasn't any space stuff going on, but it was one of those episodes centering around morality. The episode in season 1 in which this storyline was initiated was quite good. This episode tied in to that. The ep probably wasn't as good as the initial one, but as far as I'm concerned it wasn't bad. Good riddance with the Clyden character. He was always getting on my nerves. But perhaps he will be back in the future anyway.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Good riddance to Klyden.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Strong episode this week.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I liked the time travel plot and what it did to Gordon gave it added punch. I didn't like the woke SJW element of our new character and Issac as much.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
not watching this show!! its on HULU and i cancelled my HULU on principle

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What was the Hulu issue?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
not watching this show!! its on HULU and i cancelled my HULU on principle
For UK customers, it's on Disney+. For US customers, there's a Disney+ with Hulu and ESPN bundle available.

Of course, there are always still alternative options, if you are okay with travelling less official channels.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay, after the heavy episodes so far this season it was really nice to get a lighter, more heartfelt installment. It has punch in places (like the story of the Kaelon revolt) but ultimately it was about relationships. It worked well.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
For UK customers, it's on Disney+. For US customers, there's a Disney+ with Hulu and ESPN bundle available.

Of course, there are always still alternative options, if you are okay with travelling less official channels.
I dont watch sports

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Okay, after the heavy episodes so far this season it was really nice to get a lighter, more heartfelt installment. It has punch in places (like the story of the Kaelon revolt) but ultimately it was about relationships. It worked well.
I agree with this assessment.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well that episode was both outstanding and in some respects a bit weird.

It was a Moclan episode with a redemption arc for Klyden, had Dolly Parton, used Bortus child and had a pretty brutal scene where Bortus discovers her being tortured and what he does to the torturer is pretty graphic. SFX are great, well acted and the tone and pacing are first rate.

The weird part is more the Union and the Moclans. The Moclans actually have a point about the truce worked out last season for the sanctuary world being violated. Granted kidnapping and torturing Bortus daughter was wrong but the Union comes off here a bit like paternalistic busybodies too. This is the one place this new season has been weird - first they break up the Krill alliance and now Moclus is being expelled from the Union. Makes me wonder if the finale will have a new Kaylon attack which forces these parties back together.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Funny. I found this a very long and tedious episode. Twenty minutes of this would have been enough. It is weird on the one hand that the union council let the female get away with violating the treaty, but then on the other hand since the males kidnapped and tortured and were planning to murder a child, there was sufficient reason for them to be expelled from the union and so the actions of the female didn't matter anymore.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ok.. so what is 'shadowmann' so excited about? :)

twitter is so shallow, no space for any depth of conversation

Shadow Mann

@ShadowMann9
·
21h

Fresh off #TheOrvilleNewHorizons S3E9 "Domino", and I just have to say that this episode was the most exciting, most powerful and most cinematic of them all. There is both joy and pain. We are talking Star Wars level stuff here. This may actually edge it out a bit. Its THAT good

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I haven't seen it yet. Sounds promising though.