Stargate Universe - The Animated Third Season

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Meh, cyber cat fights are so undignified and boring. I'd much prefer to see you gals get together in a room and duke it out. Shame that won't happen though as my money would be on the hair-trigger Swede to "open up a can of herring" in the first round. Word on the street is that he's got a sharp right hook and can fell a spruce tree just by giving it a mean look.

Oh well, good luck with your little cartoon thingy, ya know, the one of that failed live-action show that no one watched to begin with. I'm sure a cartoon version of a failed concept will bring you viewers in droves. I know I can't wait to see it. :cool:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Hello dear Mr.Omni,

Please note, the ban system is way more sophysticated than you think. All bans must go through a meeting. All admins must accept. Thus your ban was accepted by the 3 Owners of SGUTAFS. The following reasons are why:
  • Rude and impolite
  • Not showing a BIT of respect for amateurs.
  • We are grateful for your constructive comments... but just shouting out "EWW" "HAHAHA" "What a fail", and these are actual quotes.
Thank you,
Regards,

SGUTAFS Team.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

hillarious.. how about you little kids get your XXXXX inline and stop with the lies?

when your lead artist threw a bitch fit and banned me all on his own no one else in the staff knew why hence i was contacted by Keiran and he showed me EVERYTHING that was written in your mod/admin forums about this and at that time YOU did not have a system inplace regarding bans I was the one who suggested to Keiran that you might want to consider having a system in place regarding banns that involved other staff having to agree before a ban was official something that you did NOT have in place at the time of my ban and why your lead turd of an artist could run around your board and throw bitch fits and ban anyone he didnt agree with.

as for my comments yep sounds like me and i still think that the cg you guys are producing looks like XXXXX! and i offered to take your XXXXX to atleast television/silverscreen quality FOR FREE and you asses spit in my face that just shows how deluted you people are.

YOU are children with hormonal imbalances as displayed by the constant lack of structure and stability of this project AND your staff seems to go crazy all the time not just the asswipe who banned me as his widdle biddle tiny winy widdle feelings were hurt by my comment but looking at your "forum" there is atleast 2 staff changes EACH week.

last but not least your attempt and discrediting me here is hillarious and if you try it somewhere else online i will find you and let people know the truth IE you preeteen hormonal asses have no fucking clue on how to run/produce a fanseries or interact with reality in any way or form.

now piss off before i get angry.

OMNI

Meh, cyber cat fights are so undignified and boring. I'd much prefer to see you gals get together in a room and duke it out. Shame that won't happen though as my money would be on the hair-trigger Swede to "open up a can of herring" in the first round. Word on the street is that he's got a sharp right hook and can fell a spruce tree just by giving it a mean look.

Oh well, good luck with your little cartoon thingy, ya know, the one of that failed live-action show that no one watched to begin with. I'm sure a cartoon version of a failed concept will bring you viewers in droves. I know I can't wait to see it. :cool:
Only gunny highway can kick my ass ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2YZ1GeRHnY

indeed especially one with GOD AWFULL CG aswell :facepalm: but meh it will be enjoyable to see it FAIL.

OMNI

just saw this XXXXX on the tube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsIdNaUqHg

and i for one couldnt be F****** happier!

this is a day to celebrate!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
just saw this shit on the tube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsIdNaUqHg

and i for one couldnt be F****** happier!

this is a day to celebrate!

BWAHAHAHAHA! This just goes to show how shortsighted children can be when they want something and they are told NO. Did they really think they could use Stargate, Stargate Universe, the characters and the names without MGM's permission? The folks over at Star Trek Phase II got permission from Paramount from the getgo, they have even had some limited dinancial support and original actors have played on the show. This animated one was never gonna fly without MGM on board. Brad Wright and The other dude (cant remember now) would have problems with that. This is funny to me!

OMNI

am i sick to derive so much pleasure from XXXX with this guy in the youtube comments?... if so please dont give me any meds as this is giving me sooooooo much PLEASURE.. :D

OMNI

BWAHAHAHAHA! This just goes to show how shortsighted children can be when they want something and they are told NO. Did they really think they could use Stargate, Stargate Universe, the characters and the names without MGM's permission? The folks over at Star Trek Phase II got permission from Paramount from the getgo, they have even had some limited dinancial support and original actors have played on the show. This animated one was never gonna fly without MGM on board. Brad Wright and The other dude (cant remember now) would have problems with that. This is funny to me!
children will be children ie stupid and idealistic...

personally i wouldnt have minded seeing this if it had been done realisticly with some quality to it ie a chance to undo some of the wrongs which would be most of the show we saw imo.. but with arrogant temper tantrum laden children carrying the "squee" virus that isnt what we would have gotten..

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Wow, MGM must really hate Stargate if they don't even want fans to be doing stuff without a show on the air. I know companies have to protect their trademarks but there are ways to work around it. I guess with it off the air theirs no monetary gain for MGM in terms of publicity so they don't care. Money talks.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow, MGM must really hate Stargate if they don't even want fans to be doing stuff without a show on the air. I know companies have to protect their trademarks but there are ways to work around it. I guess with it off the air theirs no monetary gain for MGM in terms of publicity so they don't care. Money talks.

Stargate is still a valuable property for MGM even if they aren't using it for anything right now. Not only that, but to allow a bunch of children with kid-level talent working on something they want to put the actual Stargate name on is out of the question. The kid on the video looks like he should be doing homework, not wasting time on the animated version of a failed show that nobody would hardly watch after finishing it. Money does talk, and also sometimes just courtesy is as valuable as money. Why didnt these kids approach MGM and simply ask permission?

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Stargate is still a valuable property for MGM even if they aren't using it for anything right now. Not only that, but to allow a bunch of children with kid-level talent working on something they want to put the actual Stargate name on is out of the question. The kid on the video looks like he should be doing homework, not wasting time on the animated version of a failed show that nobody would hardly watch after finishing it. Money does talk, and also sometimes just courtesy is as valuable as money. Why didnt these kids approach MGM and simply ask permission?

I don't know, I mean you'd assume someone would have thought about it being a potential problem. As for letting people make fan movies, well I don't think there's a real problem there. Nobody is going to mistake it for real Stargate and, to be frank, MGM is doing nothing with the franchise right now. It just seems a bit petty to stop fans making fan projects. In saying that MGM was pretty terrible at relaying anything to Stargate fans, there wasn't so much as a statement regarding Atlantis, Universe or even the end of the franchise from their end.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Lawyers often threaten legal action as a matter of course and the artists/producers often aren't even aware of the situation. It's great when artists/producers "open source" their material and encourage fan interaction with the product/premise. After all, we're not talking about the fans changing canon or even making scads of money on the projects they do. If that was they case I could see taking legal action but otherwise people need to chill and just let the fans have fun.

That said, children shouldn't be allowed to do anything, ever -- period! :icon_mad:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
This doesn't particularly surprise me, as there are many studios, authors, etc., who jealously guard their material and won't even allow fan fiction to be produced.

While I can see someone getting their virtual panties in a wad if someone were to produce something and attempt to make a profit (or even "break even") on it, I don't see where fan fiction (which the animated series certainly sounds like, albeit in a visual form) messes with things. It's not as if they're ever planning to bring SGU back to the air with new episodes/movies.

I'm sorry to hear that the fans of SGU are losing something they might be enjoying, because of the shortsightedness of others.

OMNI

Lawyers often threaten legal action as a matter of course and the artists/producers often aren't even aware of the situation. It's great when artists/producers "open source" their material and encourage fan interaction with the product/premise. After all, we're not talking about the fans changing canon or even making scads of money on the projects they do. If that was they case I could see taking legal action but otherwise people need to chill and just let the fans have fun.

That said, children shouldn't be allowed to do anything, ever -- period! :icon_mad:
children shouldnt be ALLOWED - period... ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

They already let a bunch of children with kid level talent work on something that officially has the Stargate name on it - SGU...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They already let a bunch of children with kid level talent work on something that officially has the Stargate name on it - SGU...

If you think about it kids could probably have done a better job of story telling with SGU if given the chance. I'm not being sarcastic here, I really mean it. The flaw was the way they tried to make Stargate "adult" with the overt sex and inter-personal drama, all of this written by grown adults to begin with.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
If you think about it kids could probably have done a better job of story telling with SGU if given the chance. I'm not being sarcastic here, I really mean it. The flaw was the way they tried to make Stargate "adult" with the overt sex and inter-personal drama, all of this written by grown adults to begin with.
Now this seems a great way to compare and contrast things...

The Stargate franchise really hasn't been overtly sexual, and at those times when things did become sexual in SG-1 and SG:A, bad jokes were promptly pulled out to deal with it. We'd end up with a woot and perhaps a nice laugh, and that was it. SG:U threw the first 2/3 of the franchise out the door and tried to completely "re-imagine" the thing, something which made the show unacceptable to what appears to be the vast majority of fans of that first 2/3 of the franchise and it crashed and burned (too bad the freaking ship didn't crash and burn, but I digress).

Now, take something like "Lost Girl", which is something new to American TV as of this year. It started out as being overtly sexual (but in context) and also having its fun bits. It seems to be doing fairly well with that combination.

No one went into watching that series expecting anything familiar.

That was NOT the case with SG:U. We had become accustomed to a certain flavor with the Stargate franchise and when they pulled out the chocolate flavoring and substituted carob, we knew the difference and walked.

I'll go hide now, in case I've offended anyone (or made someone sick to their stomach at the mention of carob...I know it's making ME feel a bit woozy right now).

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Now this seems a great way to compare and contrast things...

The Stargate franchise really hasn't been overtly sexual, and at those times when things did become sexual in SG-1 and SG:A, bad jokes were promptly pulled out to deal with it. We'd end up with a woot and perhaps a nice laugh, and that was it. SG:U threw the first 2/3 of the franchise out the door and tried to completely "re-imagine" the thing, something which made the show unacceptable to what appears to be the vast majority of fans of that first 2/3 of the franchise and it crashed and burned (too bad the freaking ship didn't crash and burn, but I digress).

Now, take something like "Lost Girl", which is something new to American TV as of this year. It started out as being overtly sexual (but in context) and also having its fun bits. It seems to be doing fairly well with that combination.

No one went into watching that series expecting anything familiar.

That was NOT the case with SG:U. We had become accustomed to a certain flavor with the Stargate franchise and when they pulled out the chocolate flavoring and substituted carob, we knew the difference and walked.

I'll go hide now, in case I've offended anyone (or made someone sick to their stomach at the mention of carob...I know it's making ME feel a bit woozy right now).

Why didn't SGUTAFS create a new open source property instead of copying someone else's property? If they had created a non-Stargate show involving a group of unattractive whiners stuck on a space ship millions of LY away from Earth, no one would have given them any grief. Since, unlike SGU, they would not be destroying any established franchise, they may have attracted a fan base.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why didn't SGUTAFS create a new open source property instead of copying someone else's property? If they had created a non-Stargate show involving a group of unattractive whiners stuck on a space ship millions of LY away from Earth, no one would have given them any grief. Since, unlike SGU, they would not be destroying any established franchise, they may have attracted a fan base.

They were trying to CONTINUE the series, not just revive it. They were going to be using the actual character names, the designs of the ships and interior details, and continuing storylines already started in the actual series. There was no possible way this was going to be done without seeking permission from MGM. I see no evidence that these kids were trying to secure permission at all. They were fighting amongst themselves as to who was going to do what, they were opening websites and blogs and Facebook groups, how come none of them sent an email to MGM?

OMNI

They were trying to CONTINUE the series, not just revive it. They were going to be using the actual character names, the designs of the ships and interior details, and continuing storylines already started in the actual series. There was no possible way this was going to be done without seeking permission from MGM. I see no evidence that these kids were trying to secure permission at all. They were fighting amongst themselves as to who was going to do what, they were opening websites and blogs and Facebook groups, how come none of them sent an email to MGM?
yup dont forget they were also throwing temper tantrums when someone dared to call some of the stuff they had made shit because it was and still is SHIT..

oh and they also banned me and spit in my face even tho i offerd to help out for FREE no less... goddamn kids... KILL EM ALL!!