Review S2E17 - Common Descent

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
This has probably also been mentioned before but does this episode remind anyone of that episode from ds9? I don't remember liking that episode before either, really hated how fast Dax decided to settle down. Ahh well. Wonder how they'll kill them off if they do, another hunt?

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
This has probably also been mentioned before but does this episode remind anyone of that episode from ds9? I don't remember liking that episode before either, really hated how fast Dax decided to settle down. Ahh well. Wonder how they'll kill them off if they do, another hunt?

nope as imo DS9 sucks a MILLION times more then SGU.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

inquisition_burning_sm.jpg
11380497795969451570.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

I usually agree with you however this time I really have to say that I disagree. IMO, DS9 is the best and the only Star Trek series I've enjoyed (though there are a lot of episodes that I tend to skip when I do rewatches). But hey it doesn't really matter anyway since you have your opinion and I have mine. However I have to say that I think that SGU has a better good/bad episode ratio than DS9.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

It is a truth universally acknowledged that within the Star Trek family DS9 sucks donkey balls, but comparing it to SGU in terms of suckage is really apples vs. oranges. There are too many differences and not enough similarities between the two examples to legitimately compare them. I commend you for the effort though.

OMNI

HAH! :P youcan try ;)
I usually agree with you however this time I really have to say that I disagree. IMO, DS9 is the best and the only Star Trek series I've enjoyed (though there are a lot of episodes that I tend to skip when I do rewatches). But hey it doesn't really matter anyway since you have your opinion and I have mine. However I have to say that I think that SGU has a better good/bad episode ratio than DS9.
personally i have great distain for all forms of "Trek" as imo its to "goodi tooshoos" unrealistic and basicly stupid, an OLD concept that has been around for far far longer then it should have been.
It is a truth universally acknowledged that within the Star Trek family DS9 sucks donkey balls, but comparing it to SGU in terms of suckage is really apples vs. oranges. There are too many differences and not enough similarities between the two examples to legitimately compare them. I commend you for the effort though.
Tv is Tv so i can compare any show i like ;)

and i managed to do what i set out to do ie piss you guys off enough to make you post ;)

G

Graybrew1

Say it ain't so. I love star trek.it is why I am a scifi fan.
The horror. A scifi fan that does not like scifi? The idea of it just gives me chills.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I don't remember DS9 being too goody two shoes. Wasn't it the darkest of all the trek?

OMNI

I don't remember DS9 being too goody two shoes. Wasn't it the darkest of all the trek?
LMFAO! yes the "darkest of trek" was still weak and goodie two shoes to me.
IMO trek is crap! also the ships are but fraking ugly.

OMNI

Say it ain't so. I love star trek.it is why I am a scifi fan.
The horror. A scifi fan that does not like scifi? The idea of it just gives me chills.
i like scifi what i dont like is trek.

however i did enjoy the 2009 movie.

G

Graybrew1

i like scifi what i dont like is trek.

however i did enjoy the 2009 movie.

Ouch! Man, you don't sugar coat do you.lol
To each his own, I always say. I grew up with a huge crush on kirk from the reruns, so maybe that did help. But I do agree that st 09 was good too. And chris pine is no slouch either.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Ouch! Man, you don't sugar coat do you.lol
To each his own, I always say. I grew up with a huge crush on kirk from the reruns, so maybe that did help. But I do agree that st 09 was good too. And chris pine is no slouch either.

You girls are all the same, it's all about the man candy :eek: :D

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
No way man, the ships were awesome.

This is what Star Trek was to me even though I've only seen ds9 and tng.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xiewjd_star-trek-mix_shortfilms

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
What? No. :rolleyes:

Really? ;)
Check out the shipper/thunk threads on GW, the most popular threads are all about the man candy
And we are the ones with the rep for the "objectification" of the prefered sex.......... :laughing:

G

Graybrew1

Really? ;)
Check out the shipper/thunk threads on GW, the most popular threads are all about the man candy
And we are the ones with the rep for the "objectification" of the prefered sex.......... :laughing:

I honestly cannot argue that women, in the privacy of the virtual world , are probably much worse than men. :icon_e_wink: :eek::biggrin:

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
I watched this and the next one. I must say this was really boring one and with obvious flaws, but I found the second one surprisingly better. Also I thought Varro is gonna die in that one(thankfuly he didn't, I mean wtf they kill off almost all of lucian allience and then him?), but the Epilogue was really decent compared to most SGU episodes to my surprise.