OMNI's Art Thread

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
i can do anything, usually when i ake something for myself i do something i want to do but if there is a dollar sign attached i do whatever the client wants.
Excellent, I may be looking into using an artist hopefully in the near future for a actual economic project, and I would prefer to use someone I know.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Excellent, I may be looking into using an artist hopefully in the near future for a actual economic project, and I would prefer to use someone I know.
oh. well you have me email adress so ;)
--- merged: Jan 24, 2014 8:10 PM ---
Methink he does not realise what a mere one good/relistic second of animation takes to make.
revised above statement ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I have paid OMNI to do work for me on several occasions, and he is prompt and professional. Worth every penny (but he isnt cheap!). :) He is very very reasonable, considering what people like him make (I had no idea).

OMNI

Methink he does not realise what a mere one good/relistic second of animation takes to make.
I have paid OMNI to do work for me on several occasions, and he is prompt and professional. Worth every penny (but he isnt cheap!). :) He is very very reasonable, considering what people like him make (I had no idea).
dude if i charged you HALF of what i usually charge that line would read "(But he is a fooking motherfooker of a fookwad!)"

:D

OMNI

just to be clear its more a question of WHEN i make money, jobs for me as a freelancer are usually few and far between and random at best and as such i could be forced to live off a 3 week stint on a project for up to 6 months or more and i live a life style adapted to it, rent and electricity being a priority and food coming in a close 3rd and there isnt much left for anything else sometimes i get some minor work that takes a few hours that i can by a game or some shoes but those are equally random, my Point being i charge waht my work is worth but im barly above the poverty line from a finacial standpoint.

OMNI

someone asked if a could draw...

Eone_3D_by_AlxShipyards.jpg

Eone_x3_by_AlxShipyards.jpg

Zone_by_AlxShipyards.jpg

Eone_nr1_by_AlxShipyards.jpg

these are some of the last things i actually drew on paper back in 09 just weeks before i cought the 3d/CGI bug and never looked back.. just found em in storage on my DA account :) of course i still have my blackbook filled with drawings from around the same time.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Hmm.................
I dunno if the dude making the game wants dragons, I do know he is after more humanoid and historical styled stuff.

I'll keep you posted.

OMNI

having earned some money working my butt off i decided to make an investment for the future and build myself a MONSTER computer.

with this i should be able to make some inzane art but also play all current and coming games at well above 60fps for the next 2-3 years.

specs:

• Intel Core i5-4670K - 4 threads / 3,40GHz (3,8GHz Turbo) / 6MB / Socket 1150 (Boxed) (84w) (Unlocked)
• Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC 2GB (GV-N760OC-2GD)
• Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 32GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (CML8GX3M2A1600C9) (4x4GB)
• 4 x WD Blue 1TB SATA III (7200 RPM / 64MB Cache)
• ASRock B85M Pro 4 - Micro ATX / Intel B85
• Corsair PowerSupply (PSU) CX 500M 500W
• BitFenix Merc Alpha - black (no PSU)
• SilverStone Argon CPU cooler SST-AR01

just an 4 threaded i5 for now as i cant aford an i7 but the mobo leaves room for me to buy one at a later stage and update.

purchesed the parts earlier today now im just waiting for them to arive once they do my plans for world domination will be well underway!!

note: this is a $1000 computer specificly $1068 excluding the cost of 8gb of ram and 2tb drives i already own so im sure as hell not skimping on anything beyond the processor for now.

OMNI

having earned some money working my butt off i decided to make an investment for the future and build myself a MONSTER computer.

with this i should be able to make some inzane art but also play all current and coming games at well above 60fps for the next 2-3 years.

specs:

• Intel Core i5-4670K - 4 threads / 3,40GHz (3,8GHz Turbo) / 6MB / Socket 1150 (Boxed) (84w) (Unlocked)
• Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC 2GB (GV-N760OC-2GD)
• Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 32GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (CML8GX3M2A1600C9) (4x4GB)
• 4 x WD Blue 1TB SATA III (7200 RPM / 64MB Cache)
• ASRock B85M Pro 4 - Micro ATX / Intel B85
• Corsair PowerSupply (PSU) CX 500M 500W
• BitFenix Merc Alpha - black (no PSU)
• SilverStone Argon CPU cooler SST-AR01

just an 4 threaded i5 for now as i cant aford an i7 but the mobo leaves room for me to buy one at a later stage and update.

purchesed the parts earlier today now im just waiting for them to arive once they do my plans for world domination will be well underway!!

note: this is a $1000 computer specificly $1068 excluding the cost of 8gb of ram and 2tb drives i already own so im sure as hell not skimping on anything beyond the processor for now.
THE BEAST IS UP AND RUNNING!!

Everything running on first boot too I AM A COMPUTERBUILDING GOD WORSHIP ME!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
THE BEAST IS UP AND RUNNING!!

Everything running on first boot too I AM A COMPUTERBUILDING GOD WORSHIP ME!

AWESOME work. Your rig will run very will with that hardware, but I would def recommend a 600W PSU and not that 500 you are using. It runs fine on the 500 Im sure, but the 600 will run cooler and the fans will spin up less often when you are working it (rendering?). Have you benchmarked it yet whilst running your programs?

OMNI

AWESOME work. Your rig will run very will with that hardware, but I would def recommend a 600W PSU and not that 500 you are using. It runs fine on the 500 Im sure, but the 600 will run cooler and the fans will spin up less often when you are working it (rendering?). Have you benchmarked it yet whilst running your programs?
i might go for a 750w PSU sometime in the future when i uppgrade the cpu to an i7 and maybe buy another GPU to see whati can do with SLI . and yep ive done some benchmarking and roughly its running 75% better on the GPU ie open gl also the overkill RAM im now running helped alot with video and pure memory to edit shit in general with.

far as cpu goes its pretty much comparable to the i7 2600k i had previous but it seems to work slightly faster wehn im doing my thing.

as for games WOW its one hell of an update, previously i was able to run most games yes but only at 720p and BARLY getting an avrage 30fps ie low settings with th new rig i am running 80-100fps on ULTRA settings and Everything maxed out in most games!

OMNI

and a small update on my new gaming/workstation PC

after running it for a little over a week now pretty much maxed out from the go ive gotten a good feel of how much better she is then my previous rig.

at stock clock speed the i5 was pretty much comparable to the i7 i had in old system tho now having clocked it up to 4.1ghz (stock 3.4ghz) it is running about 30% faster then the old i7 during final render and i am ipressed a 4 thread could do that for me. as for Everything else GPU RAM etc has performed beyond what i expected and has also increased the speed and complexity i can work with, also a funfact is even at 4.1ghz and with only air cooling the highest temps ive recorded to date is 57c and that was after having the processor run at 100% for over 6 hours during render.

overall this was indeed a good investment for me not just for gaming but also for work and i am beyond relived my first real scratchbuild went so well tho i have caught the damn building bug now and im already looking at useless addons like tripple gpu's SSD's you name it, this shit is addictive...

OMNI

RANT*

FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUCK all goddamn free loaders AARGH!!! im getting so fucking tired of getting spammed by people who want no DEMAND that they can use my stargate models for their goddamn piece of shite project FOR FREE the nerve of these retarded fuckwads seriously. i just had a fuckwad retard moptherfucker aproch me about if I had someone elses model of Destiny then he demanded that i give him a copy since the artist of whatever fuckwad Destiny had claimed i had it and the pictures i have made of MINE where of this other retard artists shite model seriously demanding and wanting proffesional artwork for freee the fucking nerve of these reatard fuvcking stargate fanboins seriously FUCK ALL OF YOU LITTLE DICKLESS BROKE ASS PIECES OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/RANT*
--- merged: Feb 16, 2014 12:40 PM ---
AAAARGH!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
AIrlock those frackking twats OMNI, better yet, send them the still pictures you used to construct models and tell them to do that shit for themselves.

Better yet, make them watch all of SGU in loop.