Not ALL Millennials....but a lot of them!

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
i think #1 is the millenial and is the one who got the job IF the company is concerned about 'image and diversity (where of course diversity no longer means female and minority hires as 'millennial' is now considering to be a special class by some)'

if the company is more traditional (as in 'normal') then #2 got hired
The company is incredibly concerned about all causes and diversity.

In this instance, employee number 2# did get the promotion because of mainly 3 reasons.

1. Employee 2 while not involved in causes, did volunteer as mentor and offered to help out fellow members with their workload even while carrying a full workload themselves.
2. Employee 1 complained loudly about how many causes they were doing while doing them and this was heard by the hiring manager. Their brought their intentions into question.
3. The hiring manager knew one of these would quit after failing to land the promotion and the loss would have been felt more by losing employee 2.

and indeed, employee number 1 left a few months after employee number 2 got the promotion, and yes employee number 1 was the millenial.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

In this instance, employee number 2# did get the promotion because of mainly 3 reasons.

1. Employee 2 while not involved in causes, did volunteer as mentor and offered to help out fellow members with their workload even while carrying a full workload themselves.
2. Employee 1 complained loudly about how many causes they were doing while doing them and this was heard by the hiring manager. Their brought their intentions into question.
3. The hiring manager knew one of these would quit after failing to land the promotion and the loss would have been felt more by losing employee 2.

and indeed, employee number 1 left a few months after employee number 2 got the promotion, and yes employee number 1 was the millenial.

i'd say a lot of ppl being helped by worker 2 need either some corrective trng or to be fired if #2 had to put in all that time with them

i know some ppl around here--mainly retail-- if they get caught working off the clock, no matter the reason, they will be fired.

apparently its a big deal to work off clock with govt regs and all

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
i'd say a lot of ppl being helped by worker 2 need either some corrective trng or to be fired if #2 had to put in all that time with them

i know some ppl around here--mainly retail-- if they get caught working off the clock, no matter the reason, they will be fired.

apparently its a big deal to work off clock with govt regs and all

I think that working off the clock depends on your job status. If you punch a clock and/or a true hourly, or have to work when when needed or truly salaried, and all that in between. If you look at some fields like cops, doctors and lawyers the idea of working after hours being a problem is kinda sadly impossible.

In the UK, many companies pay their skilled workers for a 7.5 hour work day to avoid larger salaries, when knowing most of their workers will never get to leave that early many days and will still give a full 40 hours work week to get their jobs done properly. I think this too, is something that millenials are used to over here. This being said I have also seen many too many more coffee or smoke breaks than what you would expect so in a way they do take back their time, but in a very unproductive way that causes for a disjointed work day.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This was a fascinating scenario! I am watching similar scenarios play out where I work. We have these millennial interns who want to "make an impact", and a couple who have gone all out and started these weird "Purple Friday" events to prevent bullying of gays and people in the LGBTQTABCDEFG community, followed up with purple cakes and ribbons, then the following week it was "Pink Wednesday" to call attention to breast cancer. That's nice, but how many men are affected by this? For those of you who know where I work, this is about as silly as you can get. And then there is the millennial intern who is vegan and decided that the office catering would be better if it was "cruelty free" and refused to include a meat option. That one went about a month until one of the execs saw the wasted trays of food and one giant tray of fried tofu cubes. That young lady was let go that same day.

Ambition is one thing, like your Candidate #1, but a bunch of time wasted on projects not related to the company mission/directives should not be rewarded with advancement. I know some older managers who might be impressed with her fundraising abilities, but adds no value to her department. I called it wrong, but that is because I don't know much about the manager who was giving the promotion. I still feel that Candidate #2 should be the manager. :)

Last edited:

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Here is an interesting tid bit about my work and how people trying to be PC don't always get it and how it affect people other than themselves and their causes.

I am highly, and I mean high sensitive to caffeine ( it is like speed with heart palpitations for a cup of regular coffee). I can't even drink more than one cup of decaf without feeling the effects, because what many people don't realize is that decaf still has caffeine, they just add chemicals to it to detract caffeine but around 3 percent still remains. I love my morning decaf but a few months back many of the office millenials decided the coffee packets were not green enough for our company and did away with the decaf and regular packets and left only a big coffee machine for all to use at will.

So, I went to said peeps and told them of my situation and they said to use the machine. I explained there is no way they can safeguard both that someone had not used regular coffee in both sides, or that the lines were cleaned enough to prevent cross residual effects and so I simply had no way to safely drink the decaf at work. They suggested I bring in my own jar and keep in my desk drawer of instant coffee.

I was pretty upset by this, how can they care so much about the environment but no give 2 poohs about my ability to enjoy my morning decaf and force me to pay for my own while the rest had it provided for free? i held off for a few months but eventually my boss noticed I stopped drinking my decaf when during our quarterly review she went out for Starbucks and brought me back a decaf and saw how happy I was to have some decaf again. I had bought and stored some of my own in my desk drawer for a while, but it got to be a pain and it pissed me off having to lug my decaf to the cafeteria each morning, so I gave it up ).She asked me why I was not drinking the decaf at work anymore, so I told her. She told the head manager of the floor and now I have my coffee packets of decaf back!! This is a very small victory but it makes me very happy, because our entire floor could not eat, drink or wear anything peanut related for the first year i worked there due to a peanut allergy for a employee that used to work there. So, again, for now, until some millenial complains about the planet being more important than my ability to have my decaf, I have my morning "coffee" again.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
LGBTQTABCDEFG community
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

man, i think you should move out of that area..like far away

it seems the socio-political climate of So Cal just does not mesh with you

your just going to get more and more frustrated....

couldn't you do your job remotely?

i'd move, but then, i'd never live in any urban/suburban area to start with :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have to mention this one Millennial guy in our Social Media Department (yeah, we actually have one), who thinks he is God's Gift because he has 30,000 followers on Twitter

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

man, i think you should move out of that area..like far away

it seems the socio-political climate of So Cal just does not mesh with you

your just going to get more and more frustrated....

couldn't you do your job remotely?

i'd move, but then, i'd never live in any urban/suburban area to start with :)

I was born and raised here. :) It meshes, it's just changing in a way I do not agree with. Unfortunately, there is no way to make the kind of money I am making out of the city or remotely. It isn't as bad as I am making it sound, I am just frustrated by seeing it. It isn't geographic, it's also online and in the movies and TV shows, and the only thing slowing it down is people complaining and especially people not paying money for SJW concerns. This is why I refuse to pay to see Star Wars in the theaters, why I will not be visiting Galaxy's Edge, why I complain about Star Trek and why I refuse to just sit back and allow TPTB tell me what I should be liking.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I have to mention this one Millennial guy in our Social Media Department (yeah, we actually have one), who thinks he is God's Gift because he has 30,000 followers on Twitter

I was born and raised here. :) It meshes, it's just changing in a way I do not agree with. Unfortunately, there is no way to make the kind of money I am making out of the city or remotely. It isn't as bad as I am making it sound, I am just frustrated by seeing it. It isn't geographic, it's also online and in the movies and TV shows, and the only thing slowing it down is people complaining and especially people not paying money for SJW concerns. This is why I refuse to pay to see Star wars in the theaters, why I will not be visiting Galaxy's Edge, why I complain about Star Trek and why I refuse to just sit back and allow TPTB tell me what I should be liking.

hey, the only time anyone around here sees or hears about any of this new SJW, woke, or metoo stuff is on tv or the net..never in person

sometimes when i talk in person with local ppl and mention some of this stuff, they haven't really heard of it. some, but not much on detail

--------------i have a cousin. her and her husband recently moved back here from san diego

he is some sort of tech guy, does stuff similar to you

she is an actuary, she works for a firm in san diego that mainly holds accts in the medical field down there

she now works from here but still as the same clients and work load. does it all by remote/online/ skype wtf-ever

he is just kind of freelancing up here doing some work here and there for locals, mainly troubleshooting their devices and pc's

so, she is still making a salary that she made in san diego, designed to meet a persons needs for cost of living there. of course back here, where the cost of living is WAAYYY Lower than there, she is approaching serious, boo koo money range

and that kind of shit is important to her (not me) so, good for her

Last edited by a moderator:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It isn't as bad as I am making it sound, I am just frustrated by seeing it.

you and i are getting into the part of life where we don't really want to learn or be familiarized/trained on new things or new ideas--especially ones that go against what we have learned and been socialized inside of so far

we only want to do what we want and are defi not going to take the advice/direction of someone 30 yrs younger than us--because THEY HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED WHAT WE HAVE

So its just natural that you, or I , would feel like you are now. it can be overwhelming, this level and quantity of attempted social and cultural change by the SJW's, millennials, and chronic but misguided ,do gooders of any age
----------------------------------------
and, i am damned happy that i did things the 'easy way', that is retire from the army. not a boast, just a statement

i did work for a bit after retiring, then went to school, then worked a bit more in my degree field. but i just no longer have the patience or tolerance to put up with ppl any longer, even ppl around here. if it is anything but casual social contact, its not for me. counseling work would defi be a no go for me, and i dont think i could even handle working retail! :)

of course my being a military retiree has a little to do with that as well

really glad I do not have to work

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I've been thinking about the cheapening of words in this SJW millenial times we live in.

Words like bigot, sexual harassment, narcissistic etc... Your a bigot because you have a different opinion to some millenials etc... You sexually harassed a woman by smiling and saying hello. Your narcissistic because the other person believes everyone is as self absorbed as them so mirrored that onto you and on and on.

These words that have been cheapened in this day and age by SJW millenials have lost their bite IMO. The heft of their meaning is gone and in the long run everybody loses.

My reason for creating this post, however, is the term hero.

https://www.aconsciousrethink.com/8526/characteristics-of-a-hero/

A few weeks back a sports personality came out as being gay. He was hailed as a hero?

Why?

Its 2019 not 1970, telling people who you like to be intimate with means very little. Its not even a selfless attempt to lead the vanguard against opression. What's heroic about saying where he likes to put his member in this day and age? In 2019 its meaningless.

Maybe there's no real heroes left. People seem to not know what being a hero means. Your gay...your a hero. Your a cop...your a hero and so on. Suppose that cop likes to torture prisoners? Is he still a hero by virtue of being a cop?

Hero has become just another label. If I got cancer and it was cured am I a hero for trying not to die? None of us has a choice in dying. Its not dying that's the heroic act. Its how we meet our deaths.

My father died of cancer and I consider him a hero. Not because of his cancer battle but because of how he faced it. He felt bad that all of us would be left behind to grieve. He kept doing chemotherapy when he just wanted to stop because he wanted to stave of that grief for as long as possible. He did nothing without consulting his family first. We were always at the forefront of his mind without a thought for himself. He put us first always. I know of others who died of cancer and raged against God, their illness and their families. They went into the ether kicking and screaming and made it even harder for everyone else.

We all die. We all live. IMO a hero is selfless not selfish

In this cheap millenial world a person is a hero for getting sick, for having a job, for being a housewife... Everyone seems to have forgotten what a hero is.

yes, the SJW's and "i feel pissed on behalf of 'xyz' group for them' are trying to redefine and to eliminate so much of our language

it is much easier to control a society with a more 'flat' and 'shallow' lexicon, isn't?

when there is only one word with one meaning that cannot be ambiguous to the meaning or intent of the user, then it will be that much easier to condemn and shame those users

it is simply a dumbing down of our vocabulary to exact a function of greater control over society

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yes, the SJW's and "i feel pissed on behalf of 'xyz' group for them' are trying to redefine and to eliminate so much of our language

it is much easier to control a society with a more 'flat' and 'shallow' lexicon, isn't?

when there is only one word with one meaning that cannot be ambiguous to the meaning or intent of the user, then it will be that much easier to condemn and shame those users

it is simply a dumbing down of our vocabulary to exact a function of greater control over society

It does appear that the current far left SJW bubble is going to burst, and will not last. With the firing of Carlos Maza from Vox, the failure of using woke SJW messages to sell products like Gillette and the unpopularity of woke media projects like Batwoman and others, big money concerns are starting to understand "get woke go broke". The majority of Americans are still not swallowing the SJW politics which seem to be based in millennial college society. Some of their recent wins in some areas are being reversed.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The reason for SJWs need to control is their sheltered insecurity YJ02.

Hitler promised a prosperous future, the SJWs promise pink unicorns and lollipops.

Of course comparing SJWs to Hitler seems like an overreaction but is it? The road to hell is paved with good intentions after all.

A society that needs complete control will eventually have to start eliminating people and this only comes after every freedom is taken from the populace.

SJWs could do with listening to this:

Hi Overmind One. So your saying this SJW culture stems from college society?

A sheltered college society is not the real world. Anyone with half a brain can see the illogic in SJW culture.
I fear for the future of the world with millenials running it tbh.

Yes, that is what I am saying. Let's look at what history showed us with the "Hippies" of the 1960s. They became the disco dancers of the 1980s, the progressive Boomers of the 1990s who created the tech boom, and now the suited CEOs of corporations and wolves of Wall Street. The SJW bubble must burst, not because I don't like them, but because it is untenable.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Of course comparing SJWs to Hitler seems like an overreaction but is it? The road to hell is paved with good intentions after all.

it is no over reaction, imo it is an apt comparison

hitler and his goons had a similar world of fantasy,they had they own unicorns and bubble pops in the inter subjective belief of master races and eugenics and their whole rulebook

A society that needs complete control will eventually have to start eliminating people and this only comes after every freedom is taken from the populace.

this is happening now more and more often and the west's left media and entertainment-and the sjw's look to them as examples

look at how china's social credit is looked up to by them, look at how china is praised for planting billions of trees by them

its all good intentions put into place by force--like those chinese citizens 'selected' to plant trees had a choice

and the new 'security' laws i places like australia and new zealand...soft and insidious

if SJW's ever manage to keep their movement going and it evolves into a control system after they come into power-because it is inevitable that some of them will get into elected positions and positions of corporate power-and that power reaches a mass where they have the balance, then it could affect all of us with the force of either law or economics or both

today we laugh at them, tomorrow we could be paying taxes to govt's they control and buying products from companies they run

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
A world where a cop politely takes us into custody for accidently calling a trans woman he?
thats why you just say "sher", while they are busy trying to figure out what that means, you can get at least a half a block lead on them :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yet while liberation has become corporation there are goods that came out of the sexual revolution. Single mothers aren't frowned on. Frightened young pregnant women aren't getting backstreet abortions. No one bats an eye at a one night stand and so on.

the boomers/hippies 'revolt' or movement did at least give us some tangible and beneficial results.

i cannot see what any tangible and positive result from the sjw movement could be. anything would be subjective? existential? intangible definitely.

all nothing more than pre spoken thought reaction--where you would have to think and rethink and think again before you utter a word to ensure you are not offending anyone.

all of their ideology matched with tech and stuff like paperless society. imagine the SJW's turned adult and in control managing a digital library of all human knowledge in a world where all books have been turned in

they could mange what we reference and learn from so easily. no need to recall and reprint books. just introduce some system wide 'worm' or virus that deletes the offensive/outdated material and replaced
with the correct (acc to them) words and info

a Fahrenheit 451 world where those in charge are not uber conservatives but SJW's instead

make the change of 'adolf hitler was a vengeful and hateful man who led a nationalist movement bent on restoring german superiority and cleansing the world of inferior peoples. his movement led to a massive and very destructive war'

changed to this - 'adolf hitler was a man who was aware of germany's inferior position after ww1 and led a nationalist movement to restore germany to a place as a peer among europe's nations

still true statements but yet so different from THE truth

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If this Victorian attitude of SJWs

yes, victorian is a great description for this. ppl back then were notorious for not saying what they meant and speaking in obfuscating ways as well as in ways that danced around a point as to not offend anyone.

i wouldn't call their trans and other sexual behaviors victorian, but their manner of self censored speaking is

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Little by little we are seeing the tide turn against SJWs and outrage/cancel culture. It's actually not super surprising as normal humans just don't want to exist in a perpetual state of outrage. Indeed, when I discovered that the first celebrity guest this season on Running Wild with Bear Grylls is Brie Larson I laughed at first then when looking into it a bit more got it.

She is not there because she wanted to be, as Grylls audience is exactly who she offended with her SJW antics. She is there because her agent/publicists got her to realize she has a major image issue that is going to kill her career over time. She needs to address her toxic public persona and things like this are their way to start. In other words if SJW were the wave of the future she would not be on this show.

Last edited: