Not ALL Millennials....but a lot of them!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Back to the topic of the thread. Not ALL Millennials, but damn....

snowflakes.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Explaining the result of raising a generation of snowflakes. Not ALL Millennials, because I know a few who are very hard working and logical, who reject the entitled, lazy Millennial mindset that the majority of their peers have fallen for. This is how many see it....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think Singularities comments are very relevant to this topic. He's displaying all the blame game etc that's inherent to the snowflake millenial generation.

For my money it comes across as being immature whinging but it is representative of a generation and therefore interesting or at least relevant.

COMPLETELY AGREE! However, we also have Lord Ba'al who is a very productive, hard working and logical Millennial who I respect and who constantly shows me that it isn't ALL of them who are like that. Singularity represents the majority of the Millennial generation, with Lord Ba'al representing the high end, and people on the low end who believe that all wealth should be evenly distributed (singularity is not like that). I think he falls more in the middle of their group.

I have mostly decided to limit my reactions to their tantrums and whining with muted head shaking and nuanced facepalming. But when it is brought here and shoved into my face, I have to escalate to forceful rejection and brutal honesty and in some cases, quarantine.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hi Overmind One.

Doesn't Lord Baal state he is 41? In that case he is Generation X not a millenial.

I don't remember him doing that, but if true, then that would explain his pragmatism. I actually have to defend against the Millennial onslaught. I don't remember making my parents feel like I was clueless. Our generation invented the internet, smartphones, flat displays, Bluetooth, video game consoles, email, and even the first social media (BBS/AOL). Millennials invented safe spaces, microaggressions and the word "cisgender". Millennial moguls like Zuckerberg built Facebook on the internet. And he is the pinnacle of Millennial entrepreneurship?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
One thing I love about Millennials is their optimism. But it is not tempered with logic or action towards their lofty goals. I know this sounds like a blanket statement about a generational group, so again...not ALL Millennials. I live in a 12-unit apartment building, and 7 of the tenants are Millennials. All but one of the 7 live with two or three roommates to whom they are not related (because low paying but "impactful" jobs). 2 of these Millennial apartments are vegan households. Why break it down like this? Because all of these Millennials are very optimistic about the future even though their goals are unrealistic. This FEELS great to hear them talk about the future, but the facts snap you back into reality.

Having said that, let's look at some of what they do more closely. One of these things is veganism. It sounds good, a diet based on plants so that no animals have to "suffer" for our food, is sustainable and looks pretty on a white plate. But is it healthy or natural? NO. No, it isn't. Here is the science:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
One thing I love about Millennials is their optimism. But it is not tempered with logic or action towards their lofty goals.

i wouldn't say they are optimistic on all things. many of them are choosing to not have children. their reason? man made climate change and that their kids would not have any chance of having a life

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i am pretty sure this Handler woman is not a millennial, but she is like 'millennial cadre'--that is those who are older but are leading the millennial down the path they are on.

she says she made this film to "determine her responsibility as a white person of privilege to the african american community"

the path of 'get woke' and self flagellation for things like being white, or for being a minority who is successful but must feel guilty for being successful when so many ppl of color are not. etc,etc is explored in this film

here is her netflix special documentary on getting woke to her white privilege

in the first 5 minutes you can hear a black woman say things like "white ppl all know where they come from, black ppl have to take a dna test to find out where we came from BEFORE we can find out where we are going"

"WHAT the fuck kind of bullshit logic is that?"

there are very very few white people in america who 'know where they came from' in reference to their ancestors. we are a very mixed population with most of us having dna from all parts of europe and many of us with dna from the mid east and africa as well.

and, white ppl. NO ONE needs to know who their ancestors are before they can decide what they will do with their future

that is just wall to wall 'prepped for failure' right there. a cop out of massive proportions. if black ppl in america really do this before they can do anything, then they are truly in worse situations than thought

i mean, if they are all saying they got to get $99 to do a dna test to find out if "they are related to kings and queens" before they decide on a career path then they are screwed beyond all hope of repair

i mean, you cant fix stupid as the saying goes. And, if white millennials are as fucked as they are, then the beliefs of the ppl in this film suggests that black millennials are doubly screwed = they're millennials and their black.

but i know, in their hearts, the people in this film all believe what they are saying, white or black

HELLO PRIVILEGE, ITS ME CHELSEA
https://www.netflix.com/title/80244973

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i am pretty sure this Handler woman is not a millennial, but she is like 'millennial cadre'--that is those who are older but are leading the millennial down the path they are on.

she says she made this film to "determine her responsibility as a white person of privilege to the african american community"

the path of 'get woke' and self flagellation for things like being white, or for being a minority who is successful but must feel guilty for being successful when so many ppl of color are not. etc,etc is explored in this film

here is her netflix special documentary on getting woke to her white privilege

in the first 5 minutes you can hear a black woman say things like "white ppl all know where they come from, black ppl have to take a dna test to find out where we came from BEFORE we can find out where we are going"

"WHAT the fuck kind of bullshit logic is that?"

there are very very few white people in america who 'know where they came from' in reference to their ancestors. we are a very mixed population with most of us having dna from all parts of europe and many of us with dna from the mid east and africa as well.

and, white ppl. NO ONE needs to know who their ancestors are before they can decide what they will do with their future

that is just wall to wall 'prepped for failure' right there. a cop out of massive proportions. if black ppl in america really do this before they can do anything, then they are truly in worse situations than thought

i mean, if they are all saying they got to get $99 to do a dna test to find out if "they are related to kings and queens" before they decide on a career path then they are screwed beyond all hope of repair

i mean, you cant fix stupid as the saying goes. And, if white millennials are as fucked as they are, then the beliefs of the ppl in this film suggests that black millennials are doubly screwed = they're millennials and their black.

but i know, in their hearts, the people in this film all believe what they are saying, white or black

HELLO PRIVILEGE, ITS ME CHELSEA
https://www.netflix.com/title/80244973

This is what I am referring to when I said it was a "thing" for white females to be offended and feel victimized "on behalf of" people of color and "marginalized" people. You do not find too many white males or black people in general doing these things. You do see female feminists in those POC groups though. By doing this, they ignore the millions of successful, conservative black and other people of color who also grew up with privilege, and who even discriminate against others in their so-called "race" group. It has always been a class distinction that determined things, not race. These woke white females are even more privileged and entitled than those they are trying to silence. But the effect they are having is making POC more conservative and #WALKAWAY from the left.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
By doing this, they ignore the millions of successful,

they are also ignoring the millions of white, asian, hispanic and others who have absolutely no interest in any of this BS and have never been the beneficiary of any 'privilege'

I am not even sure these white 'celebs' even believe in what they are saying, i think they only believe it as they are saying it. to make a joke, or make a film or show all of which is to make money

that is- wokeness, and the whole lib agenda is just another way for them to make money and up their social credit score. they have really no interest in ever really helping anyone or improving conditions for anyone

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
they are also ignoring the millions of white, asian, hispanic and others who have absolutely no interest in any of this BS and have never been the beneficiary of any 'privilege'

I am not even sure these white 'celebs' even believe in what they are saying, i think they only believe it as they are saying it. to make a joke, or make a film or show all of which is to make money

that is- wokeness, and the whole lib agenda is just another way for them to make money and up their social credit score. they have really no interest in ever really helping anyone or improving conditions for anyone

The great thing about these so-called "social credit scores" is that they are only really tallied by people hooked into social media. I couldn't care less about them. I am banned from my local Starbucks because I refuse to accept that the man at the counter is a woman just because he claims to be one. I called him by his new chosen name, but I refused to use female pronouns or any pronouns rather than to cave in. What does my coffee have to do with his trans agenda? No more than my razor has anything to do with toxic masculinity, whatever that is.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The great thing about these so-called "social credit scores" is that they are only really tallied by people hooked into social media. I couldn't care less about them. I am banned from my local Starbucks because I refuse to accept that the man at the counter is a woman just because he claims to be one. I called him by his new chosen name, but I refused to use female pronouns or any pronouns rather than to cave in. What does my coffee have to do with his trans agenda? No more than my razor has anything to do with toxic masculinity, whatever that is.

on this, a while back, i saw a spot in yahoo where there was discussion (with no names used) how so many in hollywood, singers and sports 'celebrities' were being encouraged by their agents and pr ppl to make a visible "stand" on mmcc and other soical agenda items and to make it on the left side of things

for actors, apparently (and we see this in effect with ppl like tom selleck and james woods and others who won't play ball) if they are not seen being "for this... against that..." in the correct way, they get blacklisted and never cast again. so many, out of fear, come out as if they believe in mmcc or in transgenderism or whatever else, just so they can continue working

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This is what I am referring to when I said it was a "thing" for white females to be offended and feel victimized "on behalf of" people of color and "marginalized" people.

i put this in the TIME TRAP thread since it deals with that movie, but it is also pertinent to this discussion and what you said about white ppl being offended on behalf of...

look at the bottom of the linked review you will see the woman is white
-----------------------------------------
while looking through other on line reviews of this film for other opinions I found this. it relates to several other threads here but i am putting it here for context (it is written as if it was an actual plot fault of the film WITHIN a review).

the writer fails to understand that the setting is texas, so north america. the cave people would be proto native Americans and therefore ARE 'people of color'. they were not cast as POC just to make the needs of some evil plot or to make some social message

what is wrong with the cave people is that they are show to be more primitive then they actually would have been. proto natives would have speech and more sophistication then shown in the film

Don’t Worry, Everything’s All White
In addition to the woefully laid out script, are the film’s antagonists. Labeled on IMDB as “Guardians”, which I assume is meant to be guardians of the cave or Fountain of Youth, are these cavemen like people who harass and kill every new visitor they can find. The entirety of the “good guy” cast is made up of white people, while all of the simplistic, ignorant, murdering cave dwellers are seemingly people of color. If the Hallmark Channel made Sci-Fi, this film would be in their line up.

from https://www.filminquiry.com/time-trap-2018-review/

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
continued.. (AND ON THE Millennial theme, not any 'racist' thing. skin color is a variable but not the object)

in obverse to the white woman's criticism of TIME TRAP above, when shows have been inclusive, they succeed at face value, but they often fail in depth

consider STRANGER THINGS

we have the one black family and their son in the group of friends-and his sister in the last season

ok, black characters as two smart and 'good guy' kids, right? yup it appearance, so box checked

but really, black ppl should be offended by this inclusion. the way they interact and live their life in the show is entirely like their white friends and neighbors..so what's the point if african american culture of the family is not included?

how's about we just write a show or film and put out a casting call that is inclusive for all PEOPLE OF ACTING ABILITY, then cast based on talent displayed in audition

so if a black kid IS cast as a main character, THEN cast supporting black actors to play his family if needed

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
continued.. (AND ON THE Millennial theme, not any 'racist' thing. skin color is a variable but not the object)

in obverse to the white woman's criticism of TIME TRAP above, when shows have been inclusive, they succeed at face value, but they often fail in depth

consider STRANGER THINGS

we have the one black family and their son in the group of friends-and his sister in the last season

ok, black characters as two smart and 'good guy' kids, right? yup it appearance, so box checked

but really, black ppl should be offended by this inclusion. the way they interact and live their life in the show is entirely like their white friends and neighbors..so what's the point if african american culture of the family is not included?

how's about we just write a show or film and put out a casting call that is inclusive for all PEOPLE OF ACTING ABILITY, then cast based on talent displayed in audition

so if a black kid IS cast as a main character, THEN cast supporting black actors to play his family if needed

You find that strange (bolded)? My own personal family story is EXACTLY defined by the bolded. Do you have some particular idea of what "African American culture" is? My family interacts and lives just like any white American family right down to spoken English, furniture tastes, music, foods, and culture in general. I was actually more offended by The Cosby Show situation. An upper middle class black family would not have a person like Will Smith's character living in their home, and would not likely have such a person in their family unless their success was a one off and not generational. Also, other than a general housekeeper and gardener, not many affluent black families would hire a butler or servant for reasons of principle.

I do understand what you are trying to say though. :) But I think you should re-evaluate your preconceptions if you think that all black families are part of some separate form of Americana. Some are, some aren't. Just like all white, Asian and Latino (and mixed) families are not the same. Just sayin...

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
There was a certain unnamed person in an unnamed company that worked in a team with another unnamed person....you get the point.

Anyhoo. Each one wanted to progress to the next level of seniority in the team for an upcoming promotion.

1. One joined every single committee they could find on the company's social media platform and lead the all. They baked cakes for this cause, and walked for that cause, they rallied other employees for another cause, sent out email blasts and guilted and/or shamed anyone who did help to promote the company's mountain of chosen causes and raised gobs of money. All good causes but none had anything to do with the actual work product of the company. The did this during work hours as permitted and off work hours, which took about an extra 5 hours a week of their own time, while still performing their normal day to day level of work activities in time for their SLA.

2. The other picked up new work tasks for other team members that were struggling, analysed team process guidelines and founds gaps of knowledge that was damaging productivity and costing the company valuable man hours, and damaging relationships with major stakeholders. They devised new processes to correct these gaps and worked with senior management proactively to gain approval to adjust company policies to correct the problem at source and prevent any future occurrences going forward. They went back to school to learn the newest techniques, concepts and qualifications desired by the company. They came in early, worked through breaks, left late and worked unpaid to cover emergencies remotely. The exceeded all their own SLA, while also covering for the manager when on leave.... They did not however attend one function for any above mentioned requests, even after the first team member made this apparent to the manager and was questioned on this. They put all their effort into doing their action job and ignored repeated requests to join a committee.

Both were considered the superstars of the team by the manager, who also made the decision for who to promote.

Who do you think got the promotion? Who do you think deserved the promotion with all other things being equal?
And of course, who do you think was the millennial?

I am curious to see what everyone thinks.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
You find that strange (bolded)? My own personal family story is EXACTLY defined by the bolded. Do you have some particular idea of what "African American culture" is? My family interacts and lives just like any white American family right down to spoken English, furniture tastes, music, foods, and culture in general. I was actually more offended by The Cosby Show situation. An upper middle class black family would not have a person like Will Smith's character living in their home, and would not likely have such a person in their family unless their success was a one off and not generational. Also, other than a general housekeeper and gardener, not many affluent black families would hire a butler or servant for reasons of principle.

I do understand what you are trying to say though. :) But I think you should re-evaluate your preconceptions if you think that all black families are part of some separate form of Americana. Some are, some aren't. Just like all white, Asian and Latino (and mixed) families are not the same. Just sayin...
I think you're confused between the Cosby Show abd the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There was a certain unnamed person in an unnamed company that worked in a team with another unnamed person....you get the point.

Anyhoo. Each one wanted to progress to the next level of seniority in the team for an upcoming promotion.

1. One joined every single committee they could find on the company's social media platform and lead them all. They baked cakes for this cause, and walked for that cause, they rallied other employees for another cause, sent out email blasts and guilted and/or shamed anyone who did help to promote the company's mountain of chosen causes and raised gobs of money. All good causes but none had anything to do with the actual work product of the company. They did this during work hours as permitted and off work hours, which took about an extra 5 hours a week of their own time, while still performing their normal day to day level of work activities in time for their SLA.

The black bolded sentences are commendable and impressive. The one red bolded sentence cancels the two black ones, because they represent a short term gain and not a fundamental one. The green bolded sentence pushes the efforts of this short term strategy far into positive territory, even if short lived.

2. The other picked up new work tasks for other team members that were struggling, analysed team process guidelines and founds gaps of knowledge that was damaging productivity and costing the company valuable man hours, and damaging relationships with major stakeholders. They devised new processes to correct these gaps and worked with senior management proactively to gain approval to adjust company policies to correct the problem at source and prevent any future occurrences going forward. They went back to school to learn the newest techniques, concepts and qualifications desired by the company. They came in early, worked through breaks, left late and worked unpaid to cover emergencies remotely. They exceeded all their own SLA, while also covering for the manager when on leave.... They did not however attend one function for any above mentioned requests, even after the first team member made this apparent to the manager and was questioned on this. They put all their effort into doing their action job and ignored repeated requests to join a committee.

Both were considered the superstars of the team by the manager, who also made the decision for who to promote.

The black bolded are the positives of the second candidate. The green bolded should have been the shoe-in for this candidate, but the red bolded (to me) reveals a more self-promoting person who is not really a team player, but is an excellent Manager. This candidate belongs in Senior Management and not part of a team unless this person is managing the team.

Who do you think got the promotion? Who do you think deserved the promotion with all other things being equal?
And of course, who do you think was the millennial?

I am curious to see what everyone thinks.

I think the first candidate got the promotion because they went for the green and got it, even if they basically did a song and dance for it that had nothing to do with the company. And I also think that the unwritten element in your scenario is the Manager who is giving the promotion. The first candidate brought in the dough, and went off on the side streets to do tricks. But was no threat to the Manager's job. The second candidate is a direct threat to this Manager's job, since it highlights the weaknesses of the current Manager's job, possibly causing Senior Management to consider replacing this Manager with this second candidate who is clearly more capable of doing that job. Threat removed. Also, I say the first candidate was the Millennial.

Last edited: