General Discussion & Recap/Review Thread: SGU Episode 01 - “Intervention”

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You would love Dupod even if he was on Dark Shadows!

there was a soap a few years ago that has since been cancelled called Passions...it tried to be another dark shadows...also fantasy themed. Terrible soap :P

The only sgpoo character I care about is Varro...pretty bad eh? ;)

Lolz, you would love him no matter what show he is on. :)

Also, whilst Im talking about that, you need to start your thread on Dupod over, there was a technical problem with it and one of the Admins mistakenly deleted it trying to move it. Please re-create it! The images you uploaded should be in your Attachments Manager and you can use that to re-insert the image. Just drag it into the Attachment window at the bottom and click Insert Inline.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
you figured me out!

Of course I would like Mike Dopud in any role! but you must admit that Varoo was the nicest and MOST SANE character we have seen thus far on sgpoo. (the sg1 peeps don't count...:P)

yeah the pig told me...it was hunk envy i am sure! ;) I'll take the time to do it this weekend! :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Its the first post in the thread. Rac80 wrote it!

Who's writing the review for Intervention?

Rac80's awesome Intervention review is the first post in this thread (sticky). :)

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

My god, this is terrible. I'm sorry, but really. The aliens transported a window pane manufacturer to Paradise planet?

The thing which bugs me is why recreate austere log cabins with open log-burning hearth fireplaces when it would be better for the survival of the Destineers to build modern houses with cavity wall foam insulation, double glazing & central heating?

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Not to mention IKEA furniture and a plasma screen TV with X-Box and Nintendo Wii

& XBOX Live connection so that the military on board can keep up to date with their military training via Call Of Duty :D Kiss Kiss Bang Bang!

Yllek

GateFans Noob
The lack of proper lighting is reaching ridiculous levels. How are we supposed to follow what's going on when the only light in the shot is artificial lamp light reflected off a random nose ridge.

Rac, I take your word on the awesomeness that is Mike Dopud. I can barely make him out.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
They seem to be borrowing mystical/religious stuff from BSG and making more up as they go along. The baby will probably come back as an adult, with magical powers :rolleyes:. At this point, they have already ruined season 2 by starting it out on a ridiculous note. No matter, this is Stargate Universe's FINAL season!

:joy:
Just when we thought SGU couldn't get any worse. Now it's not even a sci-fi soap-opera but a fantasy one??? :facepalm:

Lolz, you would love him no matter what show he is on. :)

I'm starting to think that too!
Rac, you didn't even spare the Syfy forum with all this squeeing. You're even worse than Aragon and his Alaina... :icon_lol:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
The lack of proper lighting is reaching ridiculous levels. How are we supposed to follow what's going on when the only light in the shot is artificial lamp light reflected off a random nose ridge.

Rac, I take your word on the awesomeness that is Mike Dopud. I can barely make him out.

he was in sga's tracker...I remember how hot he was! Isn't that lighting a JOKE! it's terrible!

Just when we thought SGU could get any worse. Now it's not even a sci-fi soap-opera but a fantasy one??? :facepalm:

I'm starting to think that too!
Rac, you didn't even spare the Syfy forum with all this squeeing. You're even worse than Aragon and his Alaina... :icon_lol:

:P bite the pig (I know enough never to tell a guy to bite me!:P ) besides squeeing over a male member of the LA is really pissing off the fanboys! :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okaaaay

You didn't need to say this in the forum to her. I already told the person that mistakenly deleted that thread to contact her about it and they did. There's no need to potentially make that person feel even worse for their mistake.

Of course there was going to need to be an explanation for why the thread needed to be started up again, but I think we should have allowed the person that made the mistake to address that in a post once the thread started again instead of you doing it this way.

Sorry if I'm wrong about this, but it's just my opinion buddy.

Sorry about that, but since I wasnt copied on any of that, I did not know. Also, I did not mention the person's name, and he actually did communicate the entire situation to me. I did not see anything regarding the re-creation of the thread. :)

The thread is back, so I hope this is not an issue.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I am trying to watch it and already have facepalms third minute in...sheesh...this is not a good sign....
It's hard to watch so i had to pause the recording and gag every now and then. :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
This is the best way to go. We have 3 offices in USA. We hire employees through an employment agency and let them take care of the Benefits issues. But then, we don't have to hire people with any real skills. If you are looking for people with Experience and certified skills, most of them come for the benefits, unless you are willing to pay them an insane amount, for them to cover their own medical/Dental/Optical benefits. For Yourself, You might have to get COBRA or similar (Medical expenses are not a frieking joke) between in-network and out-of network expenses. I worked under the NAFTA, as an employee to a global company, so the benefits were no issues. My Daughter was born at the Riverside Methodist in Columbus, OH and the Hospital bill, which the company paid almost gave me a stroke!

To be honest, it's to satisfy the E2 requirement. In Miami, I can find techs willing to work on contract at a fair rate. Support for my company doesn't require too much experience as the systems they will be supporting are extremely user-friendly and basically run themselves. Most of the support is online anyway. So, I figure, two techs and a receptionist should satisfy the first year requirement for the E2.

My only concern now is shopping for my own medical insurance.