General Discussion & Recap/Review Thread: SGU Episode 01 - “Intervention”

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
For what might be the second time in SGU history, "chesty Mcboobs" was wearing proper military attire and not her "check out my rack" outfit. I must admit however, she does know how to wear a "tank top" :D
(how many pound cannons do you think those tops are hiding)
No, she wears actual military attire whenever she goes off world, it's just that the show never really focuses on that and lingers on her tank top.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
No, she wears actual military attire whenever she goes off world, it's just that the show never really focuses on that and lingers on her tank top.

Really? well blow me down. I can't remember her ever going "off-ship" before. I don't doubt your memory however, it's always bad to argue with a "toaster" :D

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Well, if you are intent on going down that path, I feel compelled to quote a great "war movie"

"it's a question of mind over matter, we no longer mind, 'cause you no longer matter"

Which movie was that? & I take it the quote is meant to imply that "Allpowerful" no longer matters?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Which movie was that? & I take it the quote is meant to imply that "Allpowerful" no longer matters?

The movie is "Heartbreak Ridge" with Clint Eastwood
As to being "directed" at Omni, not particulary, more on a state of mind mate.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

The movie is "Heartbreak Ridge" with Clint Eastwood
As to being "directed" at Omni, not particulary, more on a state of mind mate.

Oh shit yeah, I remember that movie. I love US military movies like that, Hamburger Hill, Full Metal Jacket etc. Very entertaining.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
OH DEAR.

this seems like the same old same old. lack of forthought? people can suddenly understand/operate things, that well, they realy shouldnt be able to. equipment appears as if by magic and someone or lots of someones scream!

:facepalm:

How much ammo did they bring with them?

Bluce Ree

I fell off my chair laughing

Lets see...

1/2 episode of TJ dream... skipped over...
1/4 of the episode of pensive looks, forced arguments, and yelling and screaming.
1/4 of the episode of fire fights, with Scott and Token Angry taking down most of the Leather-chaps Alliance.

- Chloe can now add Wolverine-type healing to her ever growing abilities of (cunning) alien linguist, xenoarcheology, astrophysics, counsellor and sexual relief.

next week, Marquis (Leather chaps alliance) get a bit of tail with the crew...

:laughing:Your bullet point breakdown had me in stitches, especially "Token Angry". OMG I can't stop laughing!!! :rotflmao:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Where have you been bro?

:laughing:Your bullet point breakdown had me in stitches, especially "Token Angry". OMG I can't stop laughing!!! :rotflmao:

Bluce Ree! Youre back *bro hug*...where have you been man? :). I wish you had been here the day after this show premiered. It was a convention of lurkers, lots of laughs. Good to see you back. And that term "Token Angry" cracked me up too! :icon_lol:

Bluce Ree

Don't forget that the LA also had devices to open the doors which they have never seen or on tested before, and the fact that these devices also contained Destiny's computer coding language so it could overwrite the command lock out code. Man Telford must have a really good photographic memory or something.
[...]

Ok, so now we have the transdimensional survival kit and Telford's "Johnny Mnemonic" like mind. Those two items alone are a writer's dream for ultimate convenience and requiring no creativity.

Why is that show still on the air?!?

Bluce Ree

Bluce Ree! Youre back *bro hug*...where have you been man? :). I wish you had been here the day after this show premiered. It was a convention of lurkers, lots of laughs. Good to see you back. And that term "Token Angry" cracked me up too! :icon_lol:

Bro! I've been flying back and forth to Miami preparing for my move before the end of the month. I'm leaving Montreal for sunshine, hurricanes and Christmas with a palm tree. Once I'm all moved, I have a few details to finalize to get my E2 visa. Moving the business state-side and qualifying for E2 status is way easier than I thought. Now, I just need to hire 2-3 Americans over the next year to satisfy the requirements.

Bluce Ree

That really doesn't sound good. I bet the child will appear sometime in the future, but a lot older.

I really hope they don't go the Harcesis route again. Recycling plots in their new melodramatic, shaky cam format is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

What have they done with James? Did she cry again over Scott?
She's waiting for him in the Density broom closet.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Congrats on your move!

Bro! I've been flying back and forth to Miami preparing for my move before the end of the month. I'm leaving Montreal for sunshine, hurricanes and Christmas with a palm tree. Once I'm all moved, I have a few details to finalize to get my E2 visa. Moving the business state-side and qualifying for E2 status is way easier than I thought. Now, I just need to hire 2-3 Americans over the next year to satisfy the requirements.

Not to derail, but Im glad you made the move! Its very VERY easy to move from Canada to the US or the EU or the UK if you are a business owner with employees. You can even get MORE money after hiring those locals. Watch out on shopping for benefit packages for your employees. I suggest hiring contractors first.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They seem to be setting up all sorts of mystical stuff.

I really hope they don't go the Harcesis route again. Recycling plots in their new melodramatic, shaky cam format is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

She's waiting for him in the Density broom closet.

They seem to be borrowing mystical/religious stuff from BSG and making more up as they go along. The baby will probably come back as an adult, with magical powers :rolleyes:. At this point, they have already ruined season 2 by starting it out on a ridiculous note. No matter, this is Stargate Universe's FINAL season!

:joy:

Bluce Ree

Not to derail, but Im glad you made the move! Its very VERY easy to move from Canada to the US or the EU or the UK if you are a business owner with employees. You can even get MORE money after hiring those locals. Watch out on shopping for benefit packages for your employees. I suggest hiring contractors first.

Thanks, brother. I'm going to see if I can stay with contracted employees for the long run to avoid the headaches.

By the way, I only ended up catching the episode yesterday. Someone mentioned way back that this was going to become Starfleet vs Maquis and they were dead on, IMO. I also couldn't understand why we spent so much time in TJ's head with that hallucination her mind created to deal with the loss of her baby and, I suppose, appeasing the viewers who would frown upon a baby killing. I had to forward through that shit before my head exploded. I didn't watch the montage, either. My instincts kicked in on the first note of that gay music and made me stop the playback.

Bluce Ree

They seem to be borrowing mystical/religious stuff from BSG and making more up as they go along. The baby will probably come back as an adult, with magical powers :rolleyes:. At this point, they have already ruined season 2 by starting it out on a ridiculous note. No matter, this is Stargate Universe's FINAL season!

:joy:

Oh, good grief. The sad thing is that you're probably right about the baby thing. If the ratings continue their downward swoop, which they certainly will with their slalom writing style, I would think that Syfylys would pull the cord on it mid-season. They could just fill in that slot with some other bullshit, like a low budget "dark shadows" type of show that clearly fits the new drama line they're towing, and focus the lion's share of their budget on wrestling. :rolleyes:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That might not have been a bad idea!

Oh, good grief. The sad thing is that you're probably right about the baby thing. If the ratings continue their downward swoop, which they certainly will with their slalom writing style, I would think that Syfylys would pull the cord on it mid-season. They could just fill in that slot with some other bullshit, like a low budget "dark shadows" type of show that clearly fits the new drama line they're towing, and focus the lion's share of their budget on wrestling. :rolleyes:

As far as I can recall, Dark Shadows was the first and only daytime soap which had a fantasy theme. This show is so off base and convoluted it makes no sense at all. And because I dont care about the characters, none of the drama has any depth for me. I dont CARE about TJ's baby, I dont care about Young or his feelings either. Its too late to make me care.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
As far as I can recall, Dark Shadows was the first and only daytime soap which had a fantasy theme. This show is so off base and convoluted it makes no sense at all. And because I dont care about the characters, none of the drama has any depth for me. I dont CARE about TJ's baby, I dont care about Young or his feelings either. Its too late to make me care.

there was a soap a few years ago that has since been cancelled called Passions...it tried to be another dark shadows...also fantasy themed. Terrible soap :P

The only sgpoo character I care about is Varro...pretty bad eh? ;)