Defecation/Dumbinion CANCELLED!

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Oh that's right...the one with Halle Berry in it, right? If you had not mentioned it, that orphaned engram in my brain which had stored it would have just drifted without purpose! I completely forgot it was even on. :) Perhaps now that it was canned, I will watch it to see what it was about? Has anyone been watching that show here?
I think you should avoid it. The basic plot for the show is, she mysteriously gets pregnant and is trying to figure out how? Remind you of anything? Hint hint...This TNG episode was god awful! It's one of the most boring episodes ever written.

Last edited:

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Yes, with the main romantic lead leaving the solar system at a substantial fraction of the speed of light, I kinda figured that the series was toast. Like you, I wondered why it took so long to make an announcement. Dominion, at least, ended on a cliffhanger.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think the Defiance writers knew they were doing a series finale, which was why the last episode wrapped up all the major storylines and completed Nolan's character arc.

The show did get better each season but ultimately I do think the total lack of explanation of the world the show took place in combined with a definite overload of suds in the first season put it into too big of a hole to overcome.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I will try to do a drive by of defications set and see if its all been burned
;) ;) ;)
It was pretty abandond last time I looked .
I'll see if I can get in amd get some pics if its still standing . I cant see it being an issue now as before when I had a tour of the town during season 2 , I was not allowed to take pics ...
I walked right in the place and even saw some of the actors and one room were they were reheasing there lines . No one said boo to me or even asked whom I was . A few people even greated me and I thought what a great crew and staff they have on this show . Hope they all get new jobs to work on . There had to be 200 people there or more the day I was on set ...
Also it is a very very small set . There were great difficulties in many shoots I was told . I guess thats why it cost so much having to do cgi a lot of the time ...
:) :) :)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I will try to do a drive by of defications set and see if its all been burned
;) ;) ;)
It was pretty abandond last time I looked .
I'll see if I can get in amd get some pics if its still standing . I cant see it being an issue now as before when I had a tour of the town during season 2 , I was not allowed to take pics ...
I walked right in the place and even saw some of the actors and one room were they were reheasing there lines . No one said boo to me or ven asked whom I was . A few people even greated me and I thought what a great crew and staff they have on this show . Hope they all get new jobs to work on . There had to be 200 people there or more the day I was on set ...
Also it is a very very small set . There were great difficulties in many shoots I was told . I guess thats why it cost so much having to do cgi a lot of the time ...

What was normally in that area where the set was? Is it part of a studio complex, or was it purpose built in an abandoned area? If you remember, can you get the GPS coordinates for the place please? :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Sheese . Wonder why I never google earthed it before . Good idea dude ... find waldos defication

screenshot-window-2015-10-22-073306.png

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
There still gaurding the place and no sign of a tear down ... Wonder if there gonna pimp the set a little and use it for something else . Thats a lot of stacked shipping bins on that site ...

Tripler

Well Known GateFan

The building to the north is administration, makeup , soup kitchen , rehersal , props and wardrobe .
The buildig to the east is probly where they shot inside building shoots like the hookers bar but I was never able to get in there so I'm just guessing ... I could have gotten in there a few times but I had no interest in the show so I never persued it ...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yup ...!!! You found were waldo took a big dump ...

WINNER !!!

;) ;) ;)

Forgive me....who was Waldo in the show? :) I looked at the Cast list at IMdB and I could not find him! But I read him being referenced in the game.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Forgive me....who was Waldo in the show? :) I looked at the Cast list at IMdB and I could not find him! But I read him being referenced in the game.

That's the whole point. It's meant to make people ask themselves, "Where's Waldo?"

131111_CBOX_WheresWaldoThere.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
That's the whole point. It's meant to make people ask themselves, "Where's Waldo?"

131111_CBOX_WheresWaldoThere.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Years ago I saw a gay parody of this called "Where's Dildo?" :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Waldo....

Wheres-Wally-007.jpg