Defecation/Dumbinion CANCELLED!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just to let you guys know , the town site is still being guarded and no sign of being struck yet so there may be a season 4 coming up sadly ...Oh well . On the bright side it gives people some work and since my daughter is trying to work her way slowly into the business ,,, good on them .... I will update if I see some stir ...

;) ;) ;)

...or a movie.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Some back story would be good to find out why the earth is a pile of rubble and full of weird aliens lol ...Sheeese !!!

;) ;) ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually they did do a little more backstory this season. Not enough but more than the ....nothing...we had before.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I didn't mind this season as much as the other two. But they ended it pretty definitively (and stupidly). It will be interesting to see if the axe comes down or if they are brave enough to spend more money on this thing.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I didn't mind this season as much as the other two. But they ended it pretty definitively (and stupidly). It will be interesting to see if the axe comes down or if they are brave enough to spend more money on this thing.

Prediction?

Overmind One: Canceled by November 15th 2015

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This season was basically squandered potential. Just when the show felt like it had started to find its footing with the Omec storyline they went nuts near the end and seemingly just did things to do them. Like killing Tevkin. A much better end would have been Tevkin is forced with deep regrets to destroy Kindzi and then HE leads the Omec in changing their ways to find a better future.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Prediction?

Overmind One: Canceled by November 15th 2015

I'm going to hold off predicting its fate yet. This is an odd duck of a show. If there's money still left at the bottom of the budget barrel they could do a movie or two, or even a short season -- anything to help bolster DVD sales for the entire series. As it is I can't see how 3 seasons of this show could possibly have returned the investment in making it. I'm terrible at math but even I know a bad deal when I see one and this show just wasn't that great that it was worth sinking 200+ million into. (Unless of course the overseas "receipts" have made it profitable?)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Syfy TV shows 18-49 demo Year-to-year change Viewers (mil) Year-to-year change
1 Defiance s3 0.25 -46.32% 1.13 -27.87%
2 Dark Matter (renewed) s1 0.24 1.01
3 Killjoys (renewed) s1 0.23 0.95
4 Z Nation s2 0.35 -27.08% 0.91 -35.74%
5 Dominion s2 0.25 -46.23% 0.89 -44.30%
6 Haven (cancelled) s5 0.20 -51.83% 0.86 -41.36%
7 12 Monkeys (renewed) s1 0.25 0.79
8 Lost Girl (ending) s5 0.17 -37.96% 0.62 -19.38%
9 Helix (cancelled) s2 0.17 -62.22% 0.56 -59.40%
10 Olympus s1 0.14 0.55
11 Bitten (renewed) s2 0.15 -48.67% 0.50 -40.31%
12 Continuum (ending) s4 0.13 -51.85% 0.44 -47.44%

Defiance no#1

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Looks like renewal territory to me. :(
If it is renewed which it is most likely it would be, it proves one thing it's that the ratings had nothing to do with SGA/SG-1 cancellation. The producers/executives just couldn't be arsed to make another season and just wanted to kill it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If it is renewed which it is most likely it would be, it proves one thing it's that the ratings had nothing to do with SGA/SG-1 cancellation. The producers/executives just couldn't be arsed to make another season and just wanted to kill it.

Exactly. They thought that their new "hit Stargate show" was going to slam it and revitalize the "Stargate Brand". They bet the whole farm on that show, destroying the sets from the previous shows to make room for SGU sets. We have the threads here. :). After SGU was tossed, Brad Wright basically just disappeared.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Exactly. They thought that their new "hit Stargate show" was going to slam it and revitalize the "Stargate Brand". They bet the whole farm on that show, destroying the sets from the previous shows to make room for SGU sets. We have the threads here. :). After SGU was tossed, Brad Wright basically just disappeared.
I don't like to bitch a lot about things. I usually learn to accept it and move on, but when they didn't continue on with SGA and SG-1, it pissed me off a lot and even to this day, I have a bad taste in my mouth. Now we are left with scraps and we are stuck with this garbage. Many people are liking this show mainly because there isn't any other good show on.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What's missing is EPISODIC television. Everything is serialized now. Perhaps it will become trendy to have episodic television again.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Looks like renewal territory to me. :(

I have a feeling that if it is renewed the budget will be much smaller. As Joelist pointed out early in this season they made some sweeping cast changes (they killed off a a lot of characters). No doubt they felt the need to pare things down and tighten the focus which is a way to ease up on the budget.

Also, they might renew the show but without Grant Bowler (or others) which will cut back on the budget also. He's not a mega star but he probably gets paid the most on the show. He never seems to lack for work so with his character written out at the end of season 3 they might just keep it that way.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I have a feeling that if it is renewed the budget will be much smaller. As Joelist pointed out early in this season they made some sweeping cast changes (they killed off a a lot of characters). No doubt they felt the need to pare things down and tighten the focus which is a way to ease up on the budget.

Also, they might renew the show but without Grant Bowler (or others) which will cut back on the budget also. He's not a mega star but he probably gets paid the most on the show. He never seems to lack for work so with his character written out at the end of season 3 they might just keep it that way.

It's going to be given the same number of episodes I feel because they have 7 less episodes rather than the usual stock 20 that syfy used to give back in the days. However, if you haven't noticed, they have been staying silent after the season finished. They pulled the same nonsense with season 3 because they wanted to see how many people are going to "over-react". That worked as the saying goes - silent is golden.

https://www.facebook.com/Defiance
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/renewdefiance?source=feed_text&story_id=1662246677320338

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
My daughter on a full month shoot and since we live close to defications home site , she mentioned to a few coworkers that she was going to go and see about a job there if season 4 comes into play . Well the coworkers said that they thought the show sucked lol . Too funny . Even on the movie shoot side of things it has a reputation as beig crap ... Regardless , I hope she gets a job there . Just heading off to see the outdoor shoot she is on now down by The Bluffs
;) ;) ;)

Last edited: