"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D"

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Im gonna catch up on this show...it was one of my faves. It isnt hard to beat out Age of Ultron. :(

Speaking of Age of Ultron, it's about a pissed off sentient robot, right? Doesn't Stark already have an AI named Jarvis? Why hasn't Jarvis gotten all pissed off?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That's ok, Jarvis gets to be its own being too.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Is anyone here still watching this show besides me?

I'm loving what this show has become in the back-half of season 2 with the inhumans arc and the twist at the end of the last episode really makes me excited for the season finale. Considering just how mediocre the show was for most of season one it's like night and day watching it now.

The show needs more eye candy in order to get me to watch.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I watch the show and love it.

And despite the complaints from this crowd, I really enjoyed Age of Ultron.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I'm still watching, and I've enjoyed this season more than I did Age of Ultron. Next week is a two hour finale, with no word yet on a renewal, although I think it has a good chance. ABC/Marvel/Disney can treat it like a loss leader, since it ties in with most of the MCU films.

I also think it'll get renewed, ABC/Marvel has invested too much in the show already and its doing too bad in the demos for being on a tuesday night on ABC. The fact that there's a spin off in development also speaks in favor of a renewal.

Im gonna catch up on this show...it was one of my faves. It isnt hard to beat out Age of Ultron. :(

Yeah unfortunately it isn't. :(

I didn't hate Age of Ultron but the movie certainly didn't wow me. I guess I just expected... more than what we got.

The show needs more eye candy in order to get me to watch.

Not good enough, eh? ;)

tumblr_ndv7a3H83Z1rlo78oo2_500.gif

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

:) It must have been one of that handful of memorable moments...perhaps Black Widow comforting Hulk to turn him back? You should weigh in on the Ultron thread. Nobody DARE be rude or snarky towards you...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I agree, come join us on the Ultron thread! I would note that we're not truly hammering this film (like for instance a Transformers movie) just saying it underwhelmed us.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
:) It must have been one of that handful of memorable moments...perhaps Black Widow comforting Hulk to turn him back? You should weigh in on the Ultron thread. Nobody DARE be rude or snarky towards you...

Lit has a way of delivering a verbal beat down that leaves you feeling like you were hit by a truck yet strangely wanting more. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Lit has a way of delivering a verbal beat down that leaves you feeling like you were hit by a truck yet strangely wanting more. :D

:smiley-laughing024::laughing::rotflmao::lol: Well put. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Let me ask you...are you familiar with how Ultron was created by Henry Pym in the comics? We have not see Henry "Hank" Pym in any of the Mwrvel Movies yet, but we will see him in Ant Man (July 2015). Pym is who created Ultron, as well as Ant Man, Goliath, Giant Man and some interesting elements in the Marvel universe that cross the paths of many (if not most) of the Marvel heroes. Yet in Age of Ultron, we see that Tony Stark creates Ultron. Huh? It wasnt just that, it was the all-too-familiar scenes, the tired/recycled dialogue, and the derivative effects that made me feel disappointment.

I did not hate this movie. But I was very disappointed in it and I don't really think I want to see it again. I do not feel I got my $15.00 worth. At least the popcorn was fresh, and the LHA fake butter was hot (LHA = liquid heart attack). :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Let me ask you...are you familiar with how Ultron was created by Henry Pym in the comics? We have not see Henry "Hank" Pym in any of the Mwrvel Movies yet, but we will see him in Ant Man (July 2015). Pym is who created Ultron, as well as Ant Man, Goliath, Giant Man and some interesting elements in the Marvel universe that cross the paths of many (if not most) of the Marvel heroes. Yet in Age of Ultron, we see that Tony Stark creates Ultron. Huh? It wasnt just that, it was the all-too-familiar scenes, the tired/recycled dialogue, and the derivative effects that made me feel disappointment.

I did not hate this movie. But I was very disappointed in it and I don't really think I want to see it again. I do not feel I got my $15.00 worth. At least the popcorn was fresh, and the LHA fake butter was hot (LHA = liquid heart attack). :)
I was aware that they were going to be going with Tony Stark rather than Pym, so that wasn't really a surprise for me. Not exactly sure why they did it, but as I've not followed Antman in the past, it really wasn't an issue for me personally.

That said, you can bet your ass that I will be seeing Antman when it comes out. On that note, Michael Douglas looks like crap!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
SHIELD has been renewed, Agent Carter has been renewed.

Happiness.
--- merged: May 7, 2015 at 8:38 PM ---
Meh, that doesn't really turn my crank. When it comes to Marvel men this is more my speed:

87551575b377715a31c374de039c37ae.jpg
chrisevans.jpg
Humina humina humina...

Last edited by a moderator:

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
SHIELD has been renewed, Agent Carter has been renewed.

Happiness.

Good stuff, I had started to give up hope on Agent Carter getting a second season but it's great to see it renewed. All in all it turned out to be a fairly nice show.

Though in other news the spin off seems to be dead now, maybe it was sacrificed in favor of Agent Carter. Though the concept didn't really excite me much, spinning off Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter into their own Mr. & Mrs. Smith style show seemed like a bad idea at this point since they've been two of the strongest additions to the show this season. Now a Deathlok spin off on the other hand, that I would get excited for.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I forgot to mention that a waitress at a good restaurant near my house looks just like Sky !!! I almost fell off my chair when she came over to take our order ... Holy clones !!! ...

I went back again recently but alas ,,,she had left :( :( :(

:) :) :)

ecgordon

Star's Hero
I have only one complaint about the season finale.

Ward is still alive.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have only one complaint about the season finale.

Ward is still alive.

Contract? I just do not see any other reason. :(

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Contract? I just do not see any other reason. :(

Or the writers have some new direction that they're going to take the character in now that he's done with obsessing over Skye, killing his family and hanging around with Agent 33. At least it's nice to see that the character is no longer claiming that he's "really just a nice guy" and has instead gone full big bad by taking control over the remains of Hydra. It could also be that since
both Jiaying and Raina
are dead as of the finale, the producers wanted to carry over at least one of the antagonists from seasons 1 & 2 into the third one.

I just hope that the writers/network execs haven't fallen in love to much with the character/actor that they'll just keep milking it beyond an organic end point, because that can be truly damaging for a show (just look at Heroes).

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I just hope that the writers/network execs haven't fallen in love to much with the character/actor that they'll just keep milking it beyond an organic end point, because that can be truly damaging for a show (just look at Heroes).

This is my pet peeve with a lot of shows, they keep the bad guy hanging around wayyyyy too long. It's annoying because it means that the good guys never truly win, they don't fully succeed -- ever. They just continually dance with the bad guy, over and over and over, yawn.