"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is my pet peeve with a lot of shows, they keep the bad guy hanging around wayyyyy too long. It's annoying because it means that the good guys never truly win, they don't fully succeed -- ever. They just continually dance with the bad guy, over and over and over, yawn.

Games too. :( I have killed Diablo three times in the Diablo games, and they keep bringing him back or his "essence" in the Soulstone and he never stays dead! But Tyrael keeps saying that Diablo must be killed "once and for all". :facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Games too. :( I have killed Diablo three times in the Diablo games, and they keep bringing him back or his "essence" in the Soulstone and he never stays dead! But Tyrael keeps saying that Diablo must be killed "once and for all". :facepalm:

To me this says that the writers lack creativity and imagination. Either that or they cynically want to keep milking the one thing they know worked in the past.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Alright, I'm caught up with this show now. Background watched it. Show revolves around Skye way too much. I hate her so much. She's such an unbelievable character, hacker chick who's really good at hand to hand now, has powers without severe consequences, and is the center of the entire show. I thought the show was about agents of shield, not agents of skye. I think they should kill her off. I'd like to see where the show goes when it's forced to do storylines not revolving around Skye.

Personally, I have a hard time liking any of the characters really. Haven't warmed up to any of them significantly. When I say this, I mean I haven't reached anywhere near the level of attachment as I had with the SG-1 crew. I cared about their adventures and journey and struggles. I just don't feel it with any of them in this show. They could also use less frantic storylines. I get it's become more serialized but the show seems to be constantly on the move dealing on threat or another. SG-1 had breather episodes, not really filler but just fun side episodes where you can get attached to the characters.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Clark Gregg has been sharing a lot of this stuff on his Facebook and Twitter feeds. Seems like a guy with a pretty damn good sense of humor to me.

You've seen him in the (bad) Agent Carter make up and outfit, haven't you? Hilarious!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Clark Gregg has been sharing a lot of this stuff on his Facebook and Twitter feeds. Seems like a guy with a pretty damn good sense of humor to me.

You've seen him in the (bad) Agent Carter make up and outfit, haven't you? Hilarious!

Yeah! :)
if you go to that link you can see the original ones before the "war" was declared as well, which has him in the Carter get up :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah! :)
if you go to that link you can see the original ones before the "war" was declared as well, which has him in the Carter get up :D

So...this show is still on? I have missed so much!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Agent Carter just keeps getting better and shield just keeps getting worse . I really can't watch shield anymore . Kill Daisy duke and the Ward of dust bowls and maybe I will go back .
The beautiful historical cars , clothing and the 40's/50's genre keeps me watchin Carter . Of course miss Carter is such a beauty and I love the way she kicks ass .

Thanks for that Angent Carter promo . I never saw that before ...

;) ;) ;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Wasted an hour watching this toilet floater last night and can't imagine that it will last more than one real season, if that. Maybe Joss Whedon has one of those multi-season guarantees that are so popular now, but unless this show really improves it won't matter in the long run. It's boring and uninteresting and what little action there is devolves into bouts of feel good-isms between characters that have been hastily thrown together. It doesn't even have the cartoonish/comic book feel when it comes to the characters. It's just blah and when it's not blah it's mostly stupid. I mean really, a flying car? :rolleyes:

The guy who plays Coulson does a good job though, so that's one positive for the show. Oh yeah, Ming Na is in it, but this time she isn't playing a shrill, angry lesbian (that we know of). No matter as no one can save this turd in the long run.

Almost forgot, this boring sewer trout is written by husband and wife team Maurissa Tancharoen and Jed Whedon. I assume he's Joss's son, so there ya go. Last I checked nepotism never really works out too well as is evinced by the boring, poorly written slog of a show that this is.

images
so much for predictions :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
been binging this on NF... S1 to S4 were very good... S5 through 7, not so much.. just started S7

couple things:

was it the tptb's intention to make the female characters look more in charge by having them stand with their hands on their hips?-- like a cobra spreading its hood to look bigger and more menacing? :)

though imo, she is a better looking woman, Chloe Bennett is defi the 'low rent' version of Scarlett Johannsen
Bennet is better looking but Johannsen is the superior actress

some of the best actors in this were just short term character ones--killed off or written out, though, i'd say Clark Gregg and the guy who plays Mack are the better of the bunch

and, just like the films.. all kinds of plot holes and wtf's...... like just how is it that Thanos' fleet just ignored the confederacy ship in orbit when he arrived (the Thanos attack as "ongoing now" was mentioned in the dialogue)/// where are the avengers or the xmen or fantastic 4 or even deadpool or spiderman, in all of these world ending scenarios?

yeah i know the short answer is real time issues, like Movie actors not wanting to do tv and in studio pissing contests, but per storyline, it just doesn't make sense

any plans to bring any of these AGENTS characters or the whole inhuman storyline into the upcoming films?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I'm intentionally ignoring your post above here @YJ02 because I've been watching this show lately myself and I'm still on season 5 right now, so when I saw you mention you're on season 7 I stopped reading.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a great show. There's a couple of things I find less charming. Most of all, it's the Sky/Daisy character. It was perfect in season 1. She was an outsider character which had a good contrast to the rest of the team. Then in season 2 they suddenly turned her into a "S.H.I.E.L.D. agent". It was detrimental to the character. And from there on she's been put more and more into the spotlight. They made her an inhuman with some dumb earth "quaking" power and they're pretending like she's the most powerful they've ever seen or something. I don't find her that impressive. And now, in season 5, they're making her out to become the leader to replace agent Coulson. Enough already! Yuck! Another thing I've found a bit annoying is what's going on in season 5 in the last couple of episodes I've watched. The former general now has superpowers and is suddenly turned into a bad guy. Okay, not impossible. But they keep laying it on too thick, over and over and over. I get it already. Pfffft.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I'm intentionally ignoring your post above here @YJ02 because I've been watching this show lately myself and I'm still on season 5 right now, so when I saw you mention you're on season 7 I stopped reading.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a great show. There's a couple of things I find less charming. Most of all, it's the Sky/Daisy character. It was perfect in season 1. She was an outsider character which had a good contrast to the rest of the team. Then in season 2 they suddenly turned her into a "S.H.I.E.L.D. agent". It was detrimental to the character. And from there on she's been put more and more into the spotlight. They made her an inhuman with some dumb earth "quaking" power and they're pretending like she's the most powerful they've ever seen or something. I don't find her that impressive. And now, in season 5, they're making her out to become the leader to replace agent Coulson. Enough already! Yuck! Another thing I've found a bit annoying is what's going on in season 5 in the last couple of episodes I've watched. The former general now has superpowers and is suddenly turned into a bad guy. Okay, not impossible. But they keep laying it on too thick, over and over and over. I get it already. Pfffft.
I found it to be a mixed bag as pretty much any MARVEL film or show is

you MUST view it only with a entirely FANTASY mind set and try not to overthink it.. also, in the films, all the 'intentional' plot holes where they were made just to facilitate a plot in a future film.. without details, i think this show is all of that--- an entire engineered plot hole to use--possibly-- in future productions

i think the show does have some good acting and i think the writing was great through S4, and I was pleasantly surprised how S7 turned out, i think it was a good finale

though, a bingeing downside,, as you mentioned with the 'enough already' details--like the 'females' characters with hands on hips = projecting power?"--all of these irritants are so much more noticeable when bingeing

and yes, the DAISY Character-- aka- low rent Agent Romanoff :) -- was an issue for me.. at the end, she does get a fitting completion. Again, no details to spoil for you :)

---rumor has it, that this show may be followed by an agents of sword show on disney plus- perhaps with some of the same characters

i would not mind seeing some of the characters again--Coulson definitely--i dont see HOW they make new shows or movies without this fan favorite--- Mack as well as Fitz-Simmons

and Ming Na should MOST DFINATELY stay with star wars!!! agent May was far over acted

here is some info--whether it is accurate or not ???

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I like agent May. She's convincing as a bad-ass. Daisy is not.

Coulson is great. Like the actor. Interesting character.

Mack, meh. He's alright, but sometimes he's a bit too preachy/whiney.

Fitz-Simmons, liked them a lot in the first season or maybe two. The magic has faded a bit over time. Still, they're alright.

The Jo-Jo character. Interesting power. The way the actress plays her annoys me. Or maybe the writers/producers are making her do it that way. She has too much of that Latino machismo. Beh.

Come to think of it, there haven't been many interesting inhumans in the show really. Anyway, looking forward to seeing what will happen and also hope that S.W.O.R.D. will become a thing. Always nice having a show to watch, even if it's not perfect.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I like agent May. She's convincing as a bad-ass. Daisy is not.

Coulson is great. Like the actor. Interesting character.

Mack, meh. He's alright, but sometimes he's a bit too preachy/whiney.

Fitz-Simmons, liked them a lot in the first season or maybe two. The magic has faded a bit over time. Still, they're alright.

The Jo-Jo character. Interesting power. The way the actress plays her annoys me. Or maybe the writers/producers are making her do it that way. She has too much of that Latino machismo. Beh.

Come to think of it, there haven't been many interesting inhumans in the show really. Anyway, looking forward to seeing what will happen and also hope that S.W.O.R.D. will become a thing. Always nice having a show to watch, even if it's not perfect.
the whole martial arts thing with May in EVERY fight she is in gets really old... especially with aliens... why the hell would an alien care about the martial arts formality of using a Form or its start position?

and the real world knowledge that Ming Na is most likely not doing the action- granted most actors do not use of stunt doubles- but i guess knowing her actual age, kind of spoils the ability to believe she can do the things she is doing in the show (and the Mandalorian as well for that matter

tptb's tried to have her play a younger woman.. many ppl would buy it, as long as they dont use google

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and,, after watching SHIELD and the history/biology of inhumans, i am going with Carol Danvers being an Inhuman who of course didn't know it

how she was able to absorb the energy of the blast from the craft Mar Vell built

inhuman dna triggered to action by the exposure to violent release of Kree tech-- instant conversion to full inhuman to the maximum potential

this show told us that each Inhuman came out of its chrysalis with the powers needed at the time to maintain balance.. meaning many powers -or all-- could have been encoded in Inhuman DNA-- all powers based on kree tech and weaponry. the exposure to the explosion, more violent than terragenesis may have released all of the potential in Danvers

i wont say who or what, but in S7 we do see that it is possible for an Inhuman to have more than one capability

oh yeah.. and between 1995 and 2018 (in the film timeline) she also has the ability to not age-- as with Jiayang

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and,, after watching SHIELD and the history/biology of inhumans, i am going with Carol Danvers being an Inhuman who of course didn't know it

how she was able to absorb the energy of the blast from the craft Mar Vell built

inhuman dna triggered to action by the exposure to violent release of Kree tech-- instant conversion to full inhuman to the maximum potential

this show told us that each Inhuman came out of its chrysalis with the powers needed at the time to maintain balance.. meaning many powers -or all-- could have been encoded in Inhuman DNA-- all powers based on kree tech and weaponry. the exposure to the explosion, more violent than terragenesis may have released all of the potential in Danvers

i wont say who or what, but in S7 we do see that it is possible for an Inhuman to have more than one capability

oh yeah.. and between 1995 and 2018 (in the film timeline) she also has the ability to not age-- as with Jiayang
Is The Agents of SHIELD still running?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
No, season 7 was the final season. Although there was a lot of clamoring for a season 8 by the fans, apparently, TPTB had for themselves made the decision that season 7 would be the final one. Although there is seemingly talk about a related show to be called S.W.O.R.D., as @YJ02 mentioned.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
No, season 7 was the final season. Although there was a lot of clamoring for a season 8 by the fans, apparently, TPTB had for themselves made the decision that season 7 would be the final one. Although there is seemingly talk about a related show to be called S.W.O.R.D., as @YJ02 mentioned.
there are YT vids up that have the final scene of S7 on it and they claim, when it aired live on TV, this logo was shown after the last of the credits.. so instead of a typical post credits scene, ABC/DISNEY/MARVEL ran this logo instead

1615756074558.png

however, it is NOT in the version on netflix

but given the massive amount of SW's disney+ material and the stuff already announced for marvel on disney+, i'd say the chances for a show were quite good

must feed the streaming beast :)