"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D"

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Even though I hate twitter, saw this funny on some site, Ming Na's tweet about her fight with Ward: #NailHydra!

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
At least the season premiere seems to maintain the momentum the show got with the HYDRA arc at the end of season one.
I was surprised at how I actually liked Skye in this episode, she has certainly developed a lot since Ward's betrayal and she seemed much more professional and skilled in this episode. The writer's have probably learnt a lesson from season one.

As Ward he just comes off a genuinely creepy and unsettling in this episode. I wonder where they're going to take his character now because with his betrayal and creepy affection for Skye any kind of redemption seems unreachable at the moment.

The Absorbing Man worked well as a villain in this ep and I'm looking forward to see more of him and his nazi boss Reinhardt/Whitehall in the future. I was very much surprised at the ending with seems to show Lucy Lawless character getting killed off (though it's a sci-fi/comic show, you never know). It reminded me a bit of Robert Patrick's part in the SGA premiere, with a well known genre actor getting killed off in the first episode as a way of surprising the audience.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I watch it for 3 reasons

Attachments

• 9d8c1a158b21c7c3-may_shield.jpg
    9d8c1a158b21c7c3-may_shield.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Agents-of-SHIELD-Cast-Promotional-Photos-7_FULL.jpg
    Agents-of-SHIELD-Cast-Promotional-Photos-7_FULL.jpg
    979.3 KB · Views: 136
  • chloe-bennet-agents-of-sh-008.jpg
    chloe-bennet-agents-of-sh-008.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 183

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I watch it for 3 reasons

The episode was all over the place. I couldnt tell you what it was really about without watching it again...so many threads, too many new characters, etc. BUT, I do think they have successfully packaged Ming Na as a hottie, along with Skye (OMG, she is so hot now!) and Jemma. :)

Why did they ruin Fitz? I want him back to his normal self. I think him and Jemma are inseparable, and if you remove one of them then the one left becomes uninteresting. Why is Ward still alive? This should be an interesting season!

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I was really confused as to why the chubby guy from the secret hideout is alive again running things like nothing happened . Did ward not hang him up to dry at that camp while he blead out all over sky ? !!!
Yes sky is now hotter but she is also kinda acting like she is may and all tough like . Just seems to quick for sky to go all army girl all of a sudden . And why did she ride away on a magical motorbike that came out of no where at an army base and riding away while bullets are flying at her backside as cute as it is and all , but really ! She can ride a big ass motorbike out of a secure army base and not get hit by a bullet ?!!! while the other 2 flyaway on an invisible plane !!!
Ward seems to be a bruised and beaten but still a pretty whiny boy . Just kill him already . He's an ass .
Why did they kill off Lucy lawless so quickly ffs . She looked like a great addition to the show .
Your right on the fitz and Simmons thingy . That's just stupid that they pulled them apart ,,, wtf .
Maybe tonight's ep will clear up some stuff and make me want to keep watching cuz at this point I'm really confused about a number of things .

:( :( :(

Last edited:

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I was really confused as to why the chubby guy from the secret hideout is alive again running things like nothing happened . Did ward not hang him up to dry at that camp while he blead out all over sky ? !!!

Yeah, but in one of the last scenes of the season 1 finale when they got to the new base when the guy showed up and welcomed them and said he was the brother of the one who was killed. There's some speculation online about the guy being some kind of clone or whatever it's called in the Marvel universe, and was probably hinted at in the season premiere because Agent Tripplett said he was suspicious of him because he always kept mentioning his 'other brothers'.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Looks like I got it wrong . May was ridin the bike but still , where to hell did that come from lol .
Thanks for the info Evilspace on the clone thingy . I thought the same that it must be a clone thing or something .
This ep was much better and has me hooked again .

Last edited:

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
With the latest episode Ming-Na just further cemented her status as my favorite part of this entire show. Also IMO, the May vs. fake May fight in this ep is probably one of the best executed fights I can remember ever seeing on a TV show.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
With the latest episode Ming-Na just further cemented her status as my favorite part of this entire show. Also IMO, the May vs. fake May fight in this ep is probably one of the best executed fights I can remember ever seeing on a TV show.
You never screw with The Cavalry. It rarely ends well for you.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Mings-Na is PERFECT in this show. I still cannot get over how underutilized her. Same with Robert Carlyle, but to me he was never right for anything Stargate except perhaps a System Lord. We did not need a mysterious brooding scientist on a Stargate show. Anyway, this show has allowed her shine on so many levels!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Mings-Na is PERFECT in this show. I still cannot get over how underutilized her. Same with Robert Carlyle, but to me he was never right for anything Stargate except perhaps a System Lord. We did not need a mysterious brooding scientist on a Stargate show. Anyway, this show has allowed her shine on so many levels!
I follow her Facebook feed, and she seems to have a lot of fun on the set.

Very smart and funny lady.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Is anyone here still watching this show besides me?

I'm loving what this show has become in the back-half of season 2 with the inhumans arc and the twist at the end of the last episode really makes me excited for the season finale. Considering just how mediocre the show was for most of season one it's like night and day watching it now.

ecgordon

Star's Hero
I'm still watching, and I've enjoyed this season more than I did Age of Ultron. Next week is a two hour finale, with no word yet on a renewal, although I think it has a good chance. ABC/Marvel/Disney can treat it like a loss leader, since it ties in with most of the MCU films.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Is anyone here still watching this show besides me?

I'm loving what this show has become in the back-half of season 2 with the inhumans arc and the twist at the end of the last episode really makes me excited for the season finale. Considering just how mediocre the show was for most of season one it's like night and day watching it now.

I have missed it because of heavy projects, so I have a nice fresh marathon waiting for me!

I'm still watching, and I've enjoyed this season more than I did Age of Ultron. Next week is a two hour finale, with no word yet on a renewal, although I think it has a good chance. ABC/Marvel/Disney can treat it like a loss leader, since it ties in with most of the MCU films.

Im gonna catch up on this show...it was one of my faves. It isnt hard to beat out Age of Ultron. :(