Your favorite Goa'uld System Lord?

Who's you're favorite Goa'uld System Lord?

• Total voters

Klepto

GateFans Noob
I've always hated the Goa'uld, found them to be so camp as villans that I can never take them serious

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They weren't all campy.

Remember that they are posing as deities, hence the costumes and such. Now some were campier than others (Apophis). Noteworthy is that the winner of this poll by a huge margin (Ba'al) is arguably the least campy System Lord.

Tropicana

Council Member
It so has to be Nirrti for me. She is grandiose and who else could say "It is an abomination they have been allowed to breed to such numbers" with such flare and disinclination?

Okay maybe Osirus could...

Klepto

GateFans Noob
True they weren't all camp but I just nevered liked them I found them boring as villans on the other hand I loved the Ori and their prior.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yeah, I voted Ba'al as well.

Of all the System Lords he was both the least campy and the "worthiest foe". By that I mean he was always portrayed as being more cunning and intelligent than the other System Lords. For example, Apophis was just too much like a male disco queen. Plus, Cliff Simon portrayed Ba'al well.

G

Graybrew1

I picked Baal too. He was kinda funny at times. I loved the ep where He and Adria and SG1 had to work together.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, I voted Ba'al as well.

Of all the System Lords he was both the least campy and the "worthiest foe". By that I mean he was always portrayed as being more cunning and intelligent than the other System Lords. For example, Apophis was just too much like a male disco queen. Plus, Cliff Simon portrayed Ba'al well.

In one ep. didn't Oneill or Jackson say something to Ba'al like "where's the toga and other frilly goa 'uld stuff?" Ba'al just kind of snickers in his more "down to earth" clothes--inside cast joke no doubt

Would of liked to see some minor goa'uld been brought in to be an sgc member as a scientist or something (hey they brought todd the wraith to earth-compared to a wraith the goa'uld are nothing). they could of used the goa'uld penchant for greed and self preservation to keep his/her loyalty. Actually, now that i say it, i think the Vala character would have been more tolerable had she stayed a goa'uld but still on the team-less chance for her "girlie" shctick.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
In one ep. didn't Oneill or Jackson say something to Ba'al like "where's the toga and other frilly goa 'uld stuff?" Ba'al just kind of snickers in his more "down to earth" clothes--inside cast joke no doubt

Would of liked to see some minor goa'uld been brought in to be an sgc member as a scientist or something (hey they brought todd the wraith to earth-compared to a wraith the goa'uld are nothing). they could of used the goa'uld penchant for greed and self preservation to keep his/her loyalty. Actually, now that i say it, i think the Vala character would have been more tolerable had she stayed a goa'uld but still on the team-less chance for her "girlie" shctick.

They had her as "Qetesh" in Stargate Continuum. Personally I kind of liked her as a normal human but it would have been nice if they had been able to show more of her life as a Goa'uld in flashbacks or something like that.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I liked Vala a lot starting with the first time we see her in "Prometheus Unbound". She did a good job of portraying someone both dealing with being a former G'oauld host and also a criminal trying to go straight but constantly tempted to commit one more crime.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They had her as "Qetesh" in Stargate Continuum. Personally I kind of liked her as a normal human but it would have been nice if they had been able to show more of her life as a Goa'uld in flashbacks or something like that.

yes i know the qetesh thing-i think she would have been more tolerable if she had remained a goa'uld on sg1. she wasn't a goa'uld for long, so she had limited-if any sarcophagus experience, and she was never a big time player.

and isn't the guy who played Ba'al now on this annoying as hell dating site pop up with the screen name of vegas90403? sure looks like him

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I liked Vala when she was Aeryn Sun. Funny how Stargate is so close to Farscape.