Your favorite Goa'uld System Lord?

Who's you're favorite Goa'uld System Lord?

• Total voters
R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

You voted for Baal and Nirrti, when the polls didn't display the names, they displayed who voted for which one

Oh yeah seen. Pity I can't change my vote because she was probably my least favourite system lord.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Totally Botchy.

Abyss was his crowning moment of awesome, but afterwards he had a different kind of awesome :D Whuahahahaha!

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Wow, Hathor for sure.. She can do all kinda nasty things to me, and I'd pay her to do it...:icon_redface:. Gosh.. I remember the time she took over the base.. and she was taking a bath... mmmmmmmmm.. goosebumps...
:laughing:

She was a stunner for sure, & the husky flanged voice was a major turn on aswell.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I liked that episode how the women took the base back. :sam59: Thats the reason woman like that ep.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
I liked that episode how the women took the base back. :sam59: Thats the reason woman like that ep.
Hmm... most women i've talked to actually dislike that episode. In fact, most fans i talk to frequently don't like that episode :P

I will say this, Janet is awesome in it :D

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Really? I actually kinda liked that episode. Especially when Carter clubs hammond.

S

Stonelesscutter

Obviously Ba'al is the ultimate badass system lord.
He's got a lot of charisma and style for an evil bastard.
Cliff certainly played his role very well.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Hmm... most women i've talked to actually dislike that episode. In fact, most fans i talk to frequently don't like that episode :P

I will say this, Janet is awesome in it :D
I loved her southern accent when talking about her ex...and the women in prison line is classic!

Really? I actually kinda liked that episode. Especially when Carter clubs hammond.
I like the fiesty gals... they are kick ass girls!

*waves to stoneless*

Will

GateFans Noob
Well my favourite is also Ba'al, but then I realised that for a couple of seasons he was basically the only system lord alive, so he kinda got an unfair share of the action. So if you take Ba'al out of the picture then it has to be Anubis....because he said stuff like "Prepare to meet your doom!"

S

Stonelesscutter

*waving to Rac80*

Anubis was alright but with him being half ascended and all he was a bit of a pain in the ass storywise.
It's good to have a powerful enemy but having too powerful an enemy doesn't do a series much good.
Anubis had to be defeated rather quickly same as with the Ori otherwise they would have gained too much strength and would have theoretically been unstoppable.
With the system lords however the situation was more balanced even though they had a clear advantage at first, allowing for a longer and more interesting plot to develop.
If Ba'al would be taken out of the picture my vote would probably go to Yu just for being a loveable hunk of senility. :)

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Baal doesn't even seem like a bad guy to me.

Nani

GateFans Noob
How do I pick just one?! Ba'al is the one that comes immediately to mind - there was something very regal about him & he was completely unrepentant & very charming. Also the most memorable, imo.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
I see this is active again. You'd really think Tanith would drop in wouldn't you? Just want to note that once a poll is started the results are deleted if it is further modified. So although I can put in 25 options it would erase all the votes.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It has to be Baal. Ruthless and arrogant yet intelligent, and actually capable of working with the Tauri if it was to his advantage. Anubis was just to cliche as a villain as were the others. Baal came across as a genuine threat by virtue of his smarts.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Ba'al!

Okay I just have to chime in here because we've covered that Ba'al had charisma, style, badass-ness, smarts, charm, a special blend of arrogance, self-confidence and regalness, but no one has come out and said it directly - he's smokin' HOT! Haha sorry, but I just had to say it - and post a picture too :D

View attachment 1900

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The guy was great at chewing the scenery.

It would have been rather interesting to see what he was like after having the goa'uld removed from his body. How different would things have been?

Colonel O'Neill

GateFans Noob
Nerus is is my favorite System Lord, but Ba'al is #2 so I picked him in the poll.

Still...Nerus is soooo funny. "I must have more CHICKEN!" I wonder how much he weighs...something like 700 pounds probably. I'm glad I'm not his host.

I like Ba'al because he's actually willing to admit that he's not a god, and is actually rather flippant about it to people who understand his snake-in-the-skull nature. People like Anubis...ya know...:anubis-pancarte01:...that kind of person get kind of tiring after a while. Plus Ba'al seems to be the most intelligent System Lord. That little trick he pulls off in Stargate Continuum is quite clever. However, his tons of clones get confusing. When you think he's finally dead, he always pops up again. :icon_e_smile:

By the way, doesn't Ba'al's symbiote get extracted at the end of Continuum and we get to see his host?