Your favorite Goa'uld System Lord?

Who's you're favorite Goa'uld System Lord?

• Total voters

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Here's an opportunity to lay down a thousand words and re-live the past. Who's you're favorite Goa'uld System Lord?

I always liked Ba'al (as in Bocce). His smirk always amuses and he always seemed to enjoy his "work". Second would have to be Apophis. There's just something ludicrously disco about him. Somewhat campy, like Goldmember. He's pretty well the foundation the early series was built upon.

Actually there's a few more, undoubtedly cast because they have this sort of irritating mutant look to them.

Let's see if the poll option works. The limit is 10 and there may be others. Seth didn't last too long. Anubis was a bit of a complication being 1/2 ascended and all.

edit - more added. Qetesh (Valla) is technically a System Lord as well along with several others that may have had little screen time. I just watched an oldie where they were gathered as an opportunity for Daniel to off them with the Tok'ra poison so there were several other minor ones there to fill the room. Anyway I've added Osiris for all you horndogs.

P. J.

GateFans Noob
Anubis was great foe, he always did unpredictable things, half-mad man... could stir chilling feeling. Also good in the cafeteria scenes, just before his demise.

Yeah, Apophis was quite disco and glamorous... too much for my liking. He reminds me of Prince and his music. I really don't like Prince.

Ba'al was chilling in "Abyss", late Ba'al wasn't so much fearsome, but I enjoyed his remarks and scheming.

Yu seemed most easy-going of them, well on his path to wisdom.

I liked Hathor for her looks and her role, and she too seemed quite easy-going, but...

I always rejoiced when seeing Nirrti, as I like to watch Jacqueline Samuda (advertisment: I just created her appreciation thread), so she gets my vote.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Yeah, Nirrti was good. Your post gave me the idea. But I guess I'll never be able to watch Apophis again and not think of Prince. Ba'al ended up being a playboy. Ten of them were a bit too much though. In the end some of his suits were more like something out of Batman. :P

P. J.

GateFans Noob
SG-Rocks said:
Yeah, Nirrti was good. Your post gave me the idea. But I guess I'll never be able to watch Apophis again and not think of Prince. Ba'al ended up being a playboy. Ten of them were a bit too much though. In the end some of his suits were more like something out of Batman. :P

I'm sorry for the Prince connection, I never consciously thought about it myself until I saw words "Apophis" and "disco" close together, and then out of the blue (or in Prince's and Apophis' case, out of the gold) I was enlightened. 8-)

V

Victor2407

Sad, my favorites are not in the list: Amonet / Sha're and Osiris. Sort of, even Seth wasn't too bad but still, I liked Amonet and Osiris much more. ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve Camulus (or Camel-ass as Jack called him) mainly cause I love Steve Bacic. ;) He looked hot in that toga/skirt/kilt thingie he wore (hey the man has nice legs and ass),he defected (asked for asylum) to the SGC , and we used him to get back at Ba'al! ;) But really he is HOTTTT!
emevilgrin49.gif

I also picked Anubis - for all the reasons PJ said. :)

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Victor2407 said:
Sad, my favorites are not in the list: Amonet / Sha're and Osiris. Sort of, even Seth wasn't too bad but still, I liked Amonet and Osiris much more. ;)

Had to limit the poll to 10. I just grabbed Goa'uld listed as "major system lord" players.

Camel-ass - LOL :lol:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Victor2407 said:
Yes, where's Osiris? :roll:

T

Technician

SG-Rocks said:
Had to limit the poll to 10. I just grabbed Goa'uld listed as "major system lord" players.

Camel-ass - LOL :lol:
I just raised the bar for you, up to 25 are now allowed. ;)

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I love Baal's and Hathor's antics. Yu is actually a....'nicer' goulld. My brother and I were laughing once how it would be hilarious if Yu's symbol was 'You' in Chinese. :lol: (which it isn't, it says Jong or Middle)

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Technician said:

Just added a few more, However it erased the current poll results. Have to remember that one next time. :oops:

T

Technician

SG-Rocks said:
Technician said:

Just added a few more, However it erased the current poll results. Have to remember that one next time. :oops:
Ups, sorry! I didn't know it would do that. I'll make your topic sticky for a while, so, people will see it first whenever they enter this forum section. Hopefully they will be kind enough to revote.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Baal seems to be different from the other System Lords. He's in more episodes in season 9 & 10 than 1-8. He's wry, cunning and not overly dramatic like say, Apophis. Kree!

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I can't see the names beside the check boxes. I wanted to choose Heru'ur but I'm not sure whether I did or not.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Names are back up in the polls now.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
You voted for Baal and Nirrti, when the polls didn't display the names, they displayed who voted for which one