Wristwatches...finally obsolete?

G

Graybrew1

I spent about 300 on mine. It is more than a watch to me, It is a piece of jewelry worn everyday. I guess it just comes down to each his own. I would compare this to e-reader and real books. Some of us, will just always like having a good old fashioned (pretty) watch on their arm. I can't use my phone in planes, at the hospital and whatnot but I can still always tell time and look good doing it.

That is of course, just IMHO.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I spent about 300 on mine. It is more than a watch to me, It is a piece of jewelry worn everyday. I guess it just comes down to each his own. I would compare this to e-reader and real books. Some of us, will just always like having a good old fashioned (pretty) watch on their arm. I can't use my phone in planes, at the hospital and whatnot but I can still always tell time and look good doing it.

That is of course, just IMHO.

I see more women wearing watches these days than men and I think it's because they make for a nice piece of jewelry.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I see more women wearing watches these days than men and I think it's because they make for a nice piece of jewelry.

Yep, and its OLDER men (over 40). I only see them on men wearing suits. I think its such a useless piece that you could get away with wearing a non-functional watch. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Yep, and its OLDER men (over 40). I only see them on men wearing suits. I think its such a useless piece that you could get away with wearing a non-functional watch. :)

Funny you should say that. Half the time, my girlfriend's watch isn't even telling the correct time. She wears it mainly as a complimentary jewelry piece, like a fancy bracelet.

G

Graybrew1

Agreed.
Like I said, to each his own. My watch is actually considered to be a watch bracelet. I still do love the fact that it is a watch. It is not digital, it is a good old fashioned watch face. I like to remember how to tell time. :P