Wristwatches...finally obsolete?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Maybe some James Bond-like upgrades like a watch that can magnetically pull cell keys away from guards or shoot lazers.
dr%20evil%20laser.jpg

It's a "LAZER" from my "DEATH STAR"​

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Things are getting smaller and smaller. They should just make a cell phone cochlear implant and a retinal implant for a display screen both triggered by thoughts.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Things are getting smaller and smaller. They should just make a cell phone cochlear implant and a retinal implant for a display screen both triggered by thoughts.

Wouldn't that effectively put microwave devices closer than ever to the brain? :icon_lol:

Bluce Ree

Yeah, baby! I be rockin' them beats with my wrist watch boom box!

flud_boombox_watch_grey.jpg

Bluce Ree

Who needs a big old flat screen TV when you have this baby to ruin your vision squinting?

tv_wrist_watch.jpg

S

Stonelesscutter

I suggested that earlier in this thread. ;)

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
@stone Sorry, I must have missed it, all credit goes to you then. Here's 10 internet bucks.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
In a wrist watch, of course:

View attachment 5576

The tan lines from those watches would be fierce! My watch line is gone now, fully integrated into the rest of my skin (which is about this shade: Capture.JPG). I dont miss it! Curiously, the hair which was underneath that watch seems longer than the surrounding hair. I remember the sweaty feel under the watch after working out. Now, no more wrist worn devices for me. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cell phones are for losers. Wrist watch-based devices are the way to go!

View attachment 5568

LOL, trying to get my head wround the use of that watch/PDA pictured above....makes no sense! One arm is basically a stand, and only one hand is free to do the work, PLUS the screen is about postage stamp size. how to text or write an email on such a device? To be honest, the OT was addressing the utterly foolish wristwatches like this one from Hermes:

hermes dressage.jpg

Price? $15,000!

http://www.diamondvues.com/luxury_watches/

This absolutely gorgeous timepiece is available in Platinum or 18kt. Gold (Pink or White Gold) (40 mm) and is equipped with a Vaucher Calibre P1929 automatic movement. The watch features Hours, minutes, seconds, retrograde date, moon phases, 55-hour power reserve, sapphire crystal front and back, calf, alligator or crocodile strap with a deployant buckle, and is water-resistant to 50 metres. With its tremendous aesthetic beauty, and exceptional movement (created by the same company who makes movements for Parmigiani watches) it is a steal of a deal at a mere.....$15,000 Suggested Retail!!!

:facepalm: Ill tell ya, if I saw one of these watches being purchased I would not be able to help smirking. This watch cost $17.00, and is completely waterproof and keeps better time than the mechanical movement of the $15,000 watch from Hermes.

8110028522.jpg

Its just that the old luxury symbols are very very quickly losing their appeal. Who do you see spending ungodly amounts of money on clothes and cars anymore? Homeowners are slaves to their lenders now and renting makes far more sense. Even leasing a luxury auto makes no sense fiscally because at about $300-$600 per month, you are wasting your money on a vehicle you will not likely buy at the end of the lease. Makes more sense to BUY an older luxury vehicle and pay it in full. A truly well made one will last far longer than the thin-gauge "luxury" cars made today. The fact is that no matter how much money you spend on a watch, it will do the job no better than a dimestore watch.

Bluce Ree

LOL, trying to get my head wround the use of that watch/PDA pictured above....makes no sense! One arm is basically a stand, and only one hand is free to do the work, PLUS the screen is about postage stamp size. how to text or write an email on such a device? To be honest, the OT was addressing the utterly foolish wristwatches like this one from Hermes:

View attachment 5580

Price? $15,000!

http://www.diamondvues.com/luxury_watches/

:facepalm: Ill tell ya, if I saw one of these watches being purchased I would not be able to help smirking. This watch cost $17.00, and is completely waterproof and keeps better time than the mechanical movement of the $15,000 watch from Hermes.

View attachment 5581

Its just that the old luxury symbols are very very quickly losing their appeal. Who do you see spending ungodly amounts of money on clothes and cars anymore? Homeowners are slaves to their lenders now and renting makes far more sense. Even leasing a luxury auto makes no sense fiscally because at about $300-$600 per month, you are wasting your money on a vehicle you will not likely buy at the end of the lease. Makes more sense to BUY an older luxury vehicle and pay it in full. A truly well made one will last far longer than the thin-gauge "luxury" cars made today. The fact is that no matter how much money you spend on a watch, it will do the job no better than a dimestore watch.

Dude, I burst out laughing like an idiot when I saw that big blue watch you posted. I dunno why I found it so damned funny but I'm still laughing. :icon_lol: