Why Z Nation is better than The Walking Dead

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually we had a spoiler injunction temporarily in effect last week until OM1 could see that episode. I was just checking if a similar injunction is in effect this week.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually we had a spoiler injunction temporarily in effect last week until OM1 could see that episode. I was just checking if a similar injunction is in effect this week.
I forgot to watch...just put your spoilers in the tag. :) Im watching Continuum episode 5

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Interesting episode. I'm looking forward to next weeks ep. Chickens coming home to roost. ;) :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes, interesting episode.

I liked how Murphy seemed to feel a sort of attachment to the "lead" phyto-zombie, and also how these zeds did not behave in the usual way because of the experiments where they had been fused with the plant cells. We now know what the new group of survivors is - sort of a post apocalyptic drug cartel. And Cassandra was a hoot again.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes, interesting episode.

I liked how Murphy seemed to feel a sort of attachment to the "lead" phyto-zombie, and also how these zeds did not behave in the usual way because of the experiments where they had been fused with the plant cells. We now know what the new group of survivors is - sort of a post apocalyptic drug cartel. And Cassandra was a hoot again.

Im watching this right now. I thought it was interesting that the guy was using a vaporizer to smoke hash. This device he is holding is called a "box mod".

boxmod.png

This is a fancier version of the same type of device. They are considered very high end PVs (personal vaporizers) and are used for regular ejuice as well as hash, depending on the tank attachment that is used. Just some trivia!

vape.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This was an interesting episode. :) I thought it was interesting that they did not show one single actual marijuana plant in the episode. Still, it was very funny and I liked it. I do not like the continuing hokey "Mexican Drug Cartel" thing, or the evil doctor. Cant they just kill them off and move on to some new funny baddies? Cassandra was funny as always, and Roberta was much less badass this episode. I am not sure I understood Murphy's compassion for the phyto zombies, but it was interesting. Now, we get to see the zombie baby thing play out. How did Serena make it all the way to them on foot and still be fat and healthy? Why was she on foot and not in a stolen vehicle? Maybe we will get something like this!

kuato.gif

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have to think Pisay Pao (the actress who portrays Cassandra) has a blast doing this show.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have to think Pisay Pao (the actress who portrays Cassandra) has a blast doing this show.

Her character is hilarious and unpredictable. I love her character. When she is in a scene you have to watch her because she never says anything, she just does crazy funny stuff in the background. Like when Murphy and the grower guy were in the greenhouse lab, she jumped up on the counter (in the background) to smell the z-weed. Her facial expression was so hilarious...

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
As far as characters being killed off they can kill all of the walking characters accept glen . He is the only solid character . I like the znation cast now as it stands or run duck dodge stab shoot and hide ... Don't kill doc or the hot zombie chick or roberta or quiet sniper boy and and zboy up in the arctic .

:) :) :)

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually Cassandra did say two words in the episode, almost under her breath when she was puffing on the scientist's vaper. She said "good S**t!".

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually Cassandra did say two words in the episode, almost under her breath when she was puffing on the scientist's vaper. She said "good S**t!".

They almost write her like Mini Me from the Austin Powers movies, just not so slapstick. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
As far as characters being killed off they can kill all of the walking characters accept glen . He is the only solid character . I like the znation cast now as it stands or run duck dodge stab shoot and hide ... Don't kill doc or the hot zombie chick or roberta or quiet sniper boy and and zboy up in the arctic .

What would REALLY be cool is if the two casts met in an episode of Z Nation for a fight to the death :tealc_newanime002:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
What would REALLY be cool is if the two casts met in an episode of Z Nation for a fight to the death :tealc_newanime002:
Other than having glen on the walking side , I think the znation cast would slaughter them ...
And glen would be last man standing and join the cast of znation ...

;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Other than having glen on the walking side , I think the znation cast would slaughter them ...

;) ;) ;)

You only "think" the znation cast would slaughter them? :biggrin: Roberta or the mercenary guy alone could take all of them out...maybe not Daryl.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
You only "think" the znation cast would slaughter them? :biggrin: Roberta or the mercenary guy alone could take all of them out...maybe not Daryl.
Dam . Fogot about darrell . Yah then they might have a hell of a fight then but throw a few thousand zombies in between them and that would be cool ...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Murphy would just call up the "troops" and Cassandra would do cleanup. Roberta would knock Rick off in about 2 seconds and Daryl, glen and Carol would switch sides as soon as they saw a group who aren't drama queens.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

I noticed she seemed partially coherent even in the previous episode when she breathed in Murphy's 2nd hand weed smoke.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I noticed she seemed partially coherent even in the previous episode when she breathed in Murphy's 2nd hand weed smoke.
Yes . She spoke a few words and I believe was asking for more zpot . Omg . Zpot ... Too funny ... Looks like it's a very medicinal erb ...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes . She spoke a few words and I believe was asking for more zpot . Omg . Zpot ... Too funny ... Looks like it's a very medicinal erb ...

When Murphy first turned her she said "Im not dead".

imnotdead.gif

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
You know I am going to have to rewatch Season one because I do not remeber that scene or remeber murph biting her ...
:shame: :shame: :shame: