Who's responsible for the end of Stargate?

Who is to blame for the end of Stargate?

• Total voters

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I did it!!!!!

I will take the credit as of now for end of sgu! :lol: It has been my mission in life!!! :ori:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
B

Backstep

In the immortal words of BW - If we make a good show fans will watch, if we don't they won't watch.

It's been said many times, why would i watch a show i do not like.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
In the immortal words of BW - If we make a good show fans will watch, if we don't they won't watch.

It's been said many times, why would i watch a show i do not like.

but....but..... it's not fair to use his words against him.....:bradcry: you are gonna make him cry!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes, is there a 12 step program? I love the costumes, and dancing in tandem and or backwards in 3 inch heels just amazes me.

Its called DWTSA, and the first step is:

"I admitted that I was powerless over my remote and that my TV watching tastes had become illogical" :)

You can find a meeting in your area. You must identify like this: "Hi, Im Lilith, and I am a DWTS viewer"

Lilith

GateFans Noob
Its called DWTSA, and the first step is:

"I admitted that I was powerless over my remote and that my TV watching tastes had become illogical" :)

You can find a meeting in your area. You must identify like this: "Hi, Im Lilith, and I am a DWTS viewer"

Man I hope they serve Alcohol there .

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
It was TPTB

OK, a couple of my SyFy forum peeps have asked me to post my thoughts on this board so here goes...

The producers/writers have themselves to blame for the failure of SGU and the end of the franchise. First impressions always count the most, and they squandered the first 10 hours of this series presenting us with flawed unlikable characters, frustrating us by neglecting to explore the Ancient ship, and giving us way to many useless "stone" home scenes. The show did improve a bit from Space onward but by that point it was too late.

I'm sorry to see the Stargate franchise end for now but I'm hopeful that we may get some sort of reboot down the road.

G

Graybrew1

OK, a couple of my SyFy forum peeps have asked me to post my thoughts on this board so here goes...

The producers/writers have themselves to blame for the failure of SGU and the end of the franchise. First impressions always count the most, and they squandered the first 10 hours of this series presenting us with flawed unlikable characters, frustrating us by neglecting to explore the Ancient ship, and giving us way to many useless "stone" home scenes. The show did improve a bit from Space onward but by that point it was too late.

I'm sorry to see the Stargate franchise end for now but I'm hopeful that we may get some sort of reboot down the road.

:welcomewagon:

Glad you decided to post. You are definitely in the majority with that vote. I think we have a major landslide against TPTW. LOL

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
:welcomewagon:

Glad you decided to post. You are definitely in the majority with that vote. I think we have a major landslide against TPTW. LOL

Well, I certainly don't understand why anyone would want to blame the viewers or the SG1/SGA fans. :P

All TV shows need to be able to stand on their own at some point.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
While I do agree with most of what has been written here, the truth is IMO that most of the items on the poll share some degree of blame.

For example, the viewers didn't care enough to watch live, they preferred reality shows like DWTS among others.
Also the possibility of downloading episodes did reduce the viewership ratings - not that SGU was more affected than other series, but this is a problem with our TV industry. SGU and SGA would have done much better if other venues of watching would bring the revenues necessary to finance scripted science-fiction shows. (Briangate has argued this here a couple of times)
While most did, some fans of the older series refused to watch SGU no matter what. Especially after the producers started dissing fans and their own shows. How much of those there were and were they numerous enough to affect ratings? I don't know...

I agree with this. And--having recently watched all of SGA and SG1 on N-Flix, and having been nearly made 'mad' by kitschy-boredom of SG1 's first season--I ask, would SG1 ever had made it if that same first season aired now? Watch some ep's of SGU and 1st Season SG1 concurrently. While I do not argue that SGU was the 'creme de la creme', try to go beyond any favorable bias of SG1 and look how weak the SFX, scripts, tired "My reproductive organs are inside...I'll still kick you A@#" stuff from Carter is not much better-if at all-than SGU. And many, in other places, have said that the sex scene between James and Scott in the 1st ep caused them to tune out on SGU forever-the 1st season of SG1 (in its original form) had sex in it as well-albeit 1990's "tv sex" (the boundaries have been pushed by now)-that';s just weak. I think much of the problems can be said to be with the viewership-as a whole-Americans want stuff-anything-done faster and in their face to keep their attention. The whole direction of our society is not conducive to the time consuming plot developments and arcs of those shows we all loved/liked (c'mon-how long do you think today's viewers would have put up with the whole Ori arc anyhow?)

just saying:icon_neutral:

G

Graybrew1

Well, I certainly don't understand why anyone would want to blame the viewers or the SG1/SGA fans. :P

All TV shows need to be able to stand on their own at some point.

Since it is a mutiple choice poll. Some are blaming multiple parts that include whatever is on the poll.