What has happened?

UxmalTrekker

K'inich Yax K'uk'Mo'
This is for Ebeneezer and anybody else that operates on preconceptions.

Advocate1.jpg

Why did I post this? This post and the subsequent responses in the ‘Advocates and Ambassadors’ thread (on the Syfy forum) tells us a number of things about the origins and nature of the conflict between the pro-SGU and the anti-SGU camps.

1. Obviously not all people in the anti-SGU camp are ‘haters’.
  2. Not all people in the anti-SGU camp think that what comes from the keyboard of an anti-SGU person is fare fit for a king.
  3. Not all people from the anti-SGU camp are unreasonable.
  4. This is where it starts to get really important! Some pro-SGU posters even admit that this is going on, i.e. the arbitrary attacks on posters who don’t like the show (especially new posters - Mansquitos).
  5. This is the most important aspect! Not one pro-SGU person denies that the arbitrary and rather senseless attacks are happening. If I were full of crap in posting this, there is no doubt in the world that someone would have called me on it.
  6. Some excuses are given as to why the attacks occur/occurred but they amount to nothing more than intolerance for a contrary viewpoint. Some speak to the lack of quality in a number of the anti-SGU posts. However, that is a red herring as those people never once complained about low quality pro posts that say nothing more than ‘SGU is the bestest’.
The big question here is – “Why did no one say that I was full crap about this going on?”
The big answer is – Because it was going on.

Regards,
Dave

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
<snipped for the size>
Regards,
Dave

GW has had the same problem- only in their case it has been dealing with monsters THEY created:
screenshot67.jpg

screenshot69.jpg
Only skydiver is so dumb she thinks if you are banned you can't even READ the forum! how dumb can she be???????:laughing: i guess that is why she threatened to ban snookie if I posted screenshots...hence the thread showing you can do it unlogged in! boy I bet she feels dumb now! :rolleyes:....if she doesn't she should!!!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Me too.

I want MorganSkywalker back. :(

He was the coolest SGU fan I have met here yet. I wonder what happened to him? I think I will sens him an email and ask him to pay a visit (presuming his email in his profile works).

Why are the pro-SGU fans so afraid of the truth? They can post here in the flame free zone and say whatever they want. Perhaps they dont like the fact that we dont make up bullshit about the show? We point out bad ratings and cars passing in the background of uninhabited planets. We dont claim that there are potholes when there arent any, we point them out and give exact references. We dont hide the ratings and the facts and we post links and screenshots to back up what we say. At Gateworld and Mallozzi's blog, people can make up whatever they want and nobody will call them on it or ask for proof.

Nani

GateFans Noob
Next thing you know, they'll send cease and desist letters to fanfic writers for "taking away potential clients of their show."

LOL

I've turned to FF a looooong time ago. So sad and so true.

AtlantisOrka

GateFans Noob
Wow..i never relised some of this has been happening.I think TPTB need to grow up.

What i seem to find about SGU is that people get so defensive about SGU if you don't lke it.It's as if the show is royalty and it's like "How dare you say such a thing!".Your the worst person ever to say something bad about SGU or that you don't like it. It's a very protected show and can sometimes be a sensitive topic. But look at SG-1 and SGA.Someone said they didn't like SG-1 or SGA people wouldn't get so defensive of them and seemed to be fine with it and didn't defend them as they defend there oh so wonderful SGU. Why is SGU so special ?

Maybe it's abit of a shock to TPTB that something isn't going well and there show is hated hugely and that's never happened when it's came SG as it's always been a hugely liked show. But maybe as time has gone on and they've had 2 hugely successful shows they've gotten abit full of themselves and are forgetting who has gotten there shows as popular as they are or was.

They're nothing without there fans. Same as actors,musicians etc.They're insulting there fans that defently isn't going to get them far.I have less respect for them that's for sure and i don't think i'm the only one either.

iratecaller

GateFans Noob
Wow..i never relised some of this has been happening.I think TPTB need to grow up.

What i seem to find about SGU is that people get so defensive about SGU if you don't lke it.It's as if the show is royalty and it's like "How dare you say such a thing!".Your the worst person ever to say something bad about SGU or that you don't like it. It's a very protected show and can sometimes be a sensitive topic. But look at SG-1 and SGA.Someone said they didn't like SG-1 or SGA people wouldn't get so defensive of them and seemed to be fine with it and didn't defend them as they defend there oh so wonderful SGU. Why is SGU so special ?

Maybe it's abit of a shock to TPTB that something isn't going well and there show is hated hugely and that's never happened when it's came SG as it's always been a hugely liked show. But maybe as time has gone on and they've had 2 hugely successful shows they've gotten abit full of themselves and are forgetting who has gotten there shows as popular as they are or was.

They're nothing without there fans. Same as actors,musicians etc.They're insulting there fans that defently isn't going to get them far.I have less respect for them that's for sure and i don't think i'm the only one either.

Well they put a ton of money into the show and now many of the people financially involved with SGU have the hot sweaty feeling in the back of the neck.

You know the feeling that you messed up royally, everybody's gonna know, and you just wasted a bunch of money.

Kind of the same when you accidentally break one of your aunt's antique tea cups, but magnified 1,000,000 times over. Wright, Mallozzi and the rest of the dirty dozen broke Stargate for millions of fans worldwide. They squandered money, made a bad show, and are feeling the heat of insufficient revenues and flack from the networks.

They are desperate. Careers hanging in the balance. Incomes for cast and crew potentially lost. (Cast have contracts sure, but there must be a way to break the contract if the show tanks.)

I can only pray that the cast and crew won't be left out in the cold. (Well the non-arrogant cast members that is).

The rest of the higher-ups can have their heads roll, that's find by me. They should have enough money to stay afloat for a while.

As for some SGU fanboys behaving like jerks, well, I never did figure that one out. I honestly don't know why anybody would defend SGU unless there is financial gain in it for them.

Not liking SGU, well that I can understand, the 15 year old fandom is all the justification I need to dislike SGU with a passion.