VW Screwed

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh trust me . I have a huge file on these dicks . I have reported them to Hyundai Canada directly as they have horrible service skills . I was told that they would have a stern talking to . In other words , Huyndai Canada did nothing other than perhaps give the dealership a minor black eye if even that . The ( I have to get used to it statement) was the last straw for me . I now go to another dealer whom is more accommodating and actually fix things under warranty instead of telling me theres nothing wrong , and never tell me that I just have to get used to it .

Doesn't Canada have "Lemon Laws"?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hyundai Motor Canada is a Canadian corporation. Just as Hyundai Motor America is an American one. So in each case they are fully subject to the laws of the country in question.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I did the lemon law thingy already but lost my case against hungdie . They agreed there is a problem with the suspension but the suspension does whats its designed to do ... WTF eh !!! It rides like shit from my experience and does not feel attached to the road or to the cars body . There design engineer told me they made the suspension softer and also because of the new elantrash design could not fit 4 wheel independent suspension which the previous model design had . It's a cheap way to build a car . They saved on suspension cost so they could add more toys to there shit box and suck people like me in tothere fukin garbage ...
Can you tell I'm bitter here ... I am way beyond bitter . I now have to contact these useless people and tell them I have yet another gripe with this vehicle and again it will be filed somewhere at there office under , ( we don't give a flying $&@" about this guys issues with our perfect award winning designed car ) . I honestly believe this car was designed on a computer program and was never ever tested in the real world .

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
At the time I could only argue the suspension and not the other growing list of problems with this vehicle . Our lemon law is really not a lemo law at all . It's more like a kangaroo court . The car litterally has to be falling apart for them to give you a refund . This shitbox drives perfectly for most accounts until it hits a simple bump . The arbitraiter could not find the car unsafe but they all felt the rear of the car move and said that it was normal . So if thats norm then there are a lot of shitty riding cars out there . Because I also have extreme driver training under my belt they said that I am being over sensative to what the car is a capable of . Well in my mind is not a trained individual what you would want to get info from ? Is not a trained individual not better suited to tell you how a vehicle should or should not behave ? I am a trained proffesional driver . I do not feel safe in this car . I am nervous everytime my daughter takes the car out . Thankfully she stays local and rarely does highway miles .
I have told all of this info to the the evil hungdie corp . I beleive I even swore at the poor girl on the other end from public relations . I have also reported the car to the Highway Commission stating that is is an unsafe vehicle on wet or slippery snowy roads .
A mechanic from hungdie admitted that the electronics in this car are not working in unisin and that well ,,, I just have to get used to it ...
Apperantly from Kings Cross Hyundia account and hungdies Canada , I am the only person that is having an isssue with this car . Again they are lying mf's as I have been in personal contact with other car owners who also feel unsafe in this thing and also feel duped . I have been sitting in that dealership and listened to others with similar complaints . I have been in rental shops during the summer as my hungdie cant tow a trailer so I have to rent a truck , and I have seen people bring back there hungdie rental and ask for another car because they hated the cars . Sonata's , Elantras and one Accent that I remember . Just there tells you somethings wrong with Hungdie vehicles ...
A recent article in our automotive section stated that Hyundai only made good vehicles from 2007 to 2010 . Anything before or after and your in for trouble as I am finding out up close and personal ....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ouch...

1455161312512242063.png

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan

Oregon used to make it illegal for blacks to move there. They were anti-slavery because they were anti-black person. Don't let those Portandia shows fool you.

Wikipedia article on Oregon said:
Oregon was admitted to the Union on February 14, 1859. Founded as a refuge from disputes over slavery, Oregon had a "whites only" clause in its original state Constitution.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oregon used to make it illegal for blacks to move there. They were anti-slavery because they were anti-black person. Don't let those Portandia shows fool you.

Yes, I know all about that...I did not want to derail the thread. :). It was in fact the only state which did that in it's Constitution. It was meant to be a 100% white utopia, and many who are behind the Northwest Migration still believe this should be the way of life not just in Oregon, but the entire Pacific Northwest (to include Idaho, Montana and Wyoming).

Isn’t this in the wrong thread?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Back to VW...

This scandal may kill Volkswagen, according to company execs:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2015/10/04/volkswagen-emissions-crisis/73356630/

Top VW exec warns emissions crisis could kill company

ENTIRE ARTICLE:

Volkswagen Groups's incoming chairman warned managers that the automaker's diesel-emission scandal poses "an existence-threatening crisis for the company" as new details emerged about how the debacle unfolded.

VW finance chief Hans Dieter Poetsch, who is expected to be named chairman this week, told managers last week that despite the predicament in which the company finds itself, he believes VW can overcome the crisis, according to the report in the Welt am Sonntag newspaper in Germany.

The crisis, which has wiped out $34 billion in the company's value as shares have fallen, stems from the disclosure by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency last month that VW had rigged nearly 5 million diesel cars in the U.S. to pass emissions tests even though they spewed far greater emissions on the highway.

VW admitted to the fraud and said 11 million vehicles are affected worldwide.

The New York Times reported Sunday that the cheating began in 2008 after Volkswagen's engineers figured out that the new diesel engines they had developed at great expense would not meet emissions standards in the U.S. and other countries. So they installed software to beat the tests, the Times reported based on unnamed sources with knowledge of the inquiry.

The cheating resulted from not wanting scrap the years of effort they had put into developing the engine. The report says VW is yet to pinpoint who was responsible for the cheating. Several engineers have admitted to creating the software aimed at cheating the tests, Germany's Bild am Sonntag newspaper reported Sunday.

The software may have been contained in parts from a big auto industry supplier, Continental, Bild says. But a Continental spokesman denied that the company knew of any contaminated software and wasn't in a position to measure emissions.

Contributing: The Associated Press

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Back to VW...

This scandal may kill Volkswagen, according to company execs:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2015/10/04/volkswagen-emissions-crisis/73356630/

Top VW exec warns emissions crisis could kill company

ENTIRE ARTICLE:

Volkswagen Groups's incoming chairman warned managers that the automaker's diesel-emission scandal poses "an existence-threatening crisis for the company" as new details emerged about how the debacle unfolded.

VW finance chief Hans Dieter Poetsch, who is expected to be named chairman this week, told managers last week that despite the predicament in which the company finds itself, he believes VW can overcome the crisis, according to the report in the Welt am Sonntag newspaper in Germany.

The crisis, which has wiped out $34 billion in the company's value as shares have fallen, stems from the disclosure by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency last month that VW had rigged nearly 5 million diesel cars in the U.S. to pass emissions tests even though they spewed far greater emissions on the highway.

VW admitted to the fraud and said 11 million vehicles are affected worldwide.

The New York Times reported Sunday that the cheating began in 2008 after Volkswagen's engineers figured out that the new diesel engines they had developed at great expense would not meet emissions standards in the U.S. and other countries. So they installed software to beat the tests, the Times reported based on unnamed sources with knowledge of the inquiry.

The cheating resulted from not wanting scrap the years of effort they had put into developing the engine. The report says VW is yet to pinpoint who was responsible for the cheating. Several engineers have admitted to creating the software aimed at cheating the tests, Germany's Bild am Sonntag newspaper reported Sunday.

The software may have been contained in parts from a big auto industry supplier, Continental, Bild says. But a Continental spokesman denied that the company knew of any contaminated software and wasn't in a position to measure emissions.

Contributing: The Associated Press

While I do not think that it completely kill VW, it could cause radical changes in the organization of the company. Since emission standards are never modified in the upward direction, it will, however, kill the diesel automobile in both Europe and the United States.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
While I do not think that it completely kill VW, it could cause radical changes in the organization of the company. Since emission standards are never modified in the upward direction, it will, however, kill the diesel automobile in both Europe and the United States.

I think the German government will bail them out, since the threat of collapse is based in financial issues (settlements, lawsuits, etc). I think that the German automakers (all of them) will diminish in terms of being seen as emissions innovators (helping the Japanese). I think that Ford and the Fiat owned automobile makers will surge. Fiat owns: Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Ferrari, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati, Ram and SRT.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Read this article today in the Wheels section of my paper and lo and behold , they add hungdie to the list of ass-hole company’s pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes right along with vw who right now are at the top of everyone’s shit list .

Scanned Document-3.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Read this article today in the Wheels section of my paper and lo and behold , they add hungdie to the list of ass-hole company’s pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes right along with vw who right now are at the top of everyone’s shit list .

View attachment 31950

Wait, huh? I was unaware of this! So, Hyundai hacked it's trip computer so that it would show that you got more mileage on your gas than the car was actually getting?

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ai-kia-agree-million-mpg-settlement/18404545/

Interesting excerpt:

Hyundai, which is paying a $56.8 million civil penalty, will forgo the use of approximately 2.7 million greenhouse gas emission credits — the credits representing the difference between original and restated emission data, which are valued at about $45 each.

:rolleyes:

The bolded is why the entire manmade global warming fraud needs to be exposed for what it is: a money grab. Because of these Carbon Credits or whatever they are called these days, an entirely new level of currency has been created. The incentive to cheat on the mileage claims and also from VW to be "clean" was these credits they got for having less impact on Manmade Global Warming (now being called simply "Climate Change").

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Wait, huh? I was unaware of this! So, Hyundai hacked it's trip computer so that it would show that you got more mileage on your gas than the car was actually getting?

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ai-kia-agree-million-mpg-settlement/18404545/

Interesting excerpt:

Hyundai, which is paying a $56.8 million civil penalty, will forgo the use of approximately 2.7 million greenhouse gas emission credits — the credits representing the difference between original and restated emission data, which are valued at about $45 each.

:rolleyes:

The bolded is why the entire manmade global warming fraud needs to be exposed for what it is: a money grab. Because of these Carbon Credits or whatever they are called these days, an entirely new level of currency has been created. The incentive to cheat on the mileage claims and also from VW to be "clean" was these credits they got for having less impact on Manmade Global Warming (now being called simply "Climate Change").

Holy crap . I also was unaware that they were tweeking there miliage through the ole puter system . I thought it was just that the cars got shit miliage ...What a bunch of F@#$%^&Y*&)(&**()&^&(^%)*&^) . So how do I join in the lawsuit OMG !!! Man I hate my car even more if that could even be possible ... I called it tho 4 years ago when I drove my first hungdie and I complained profusely to hungdie Canada about the horrible gas miliage and that public relations person just flat faced lied to me over and over and over ... man oh man oh man ... SO in essence they have done the opposite of VW . hungdie got there clean emissions , but could not get the miliage . VW got the miliage , but could not get the emissions . I think they both are one and the same and when are the world governments going to put 2 and 2 together . Hungdie needs to suffer like VW ...

My 2 cent's . Oh wait . I own a gas guzzler . My 2 dollars ...

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Ok so I guess you (OM1) and I read that wrong . Hungdie did not jig there computers about fuel consumption . They just lied in there brochures about the fuel economy . I still feel they are guilty as vw because they added as much polution as did the vw's because they burn double the fuel to get somewhere ...
F$&@ers

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ok so I guess you (OM1) and I read that wrong . Hungdie did not jig there computers about fuel consumption . They just lied in there brochures about the fuel economy . I still feel they are guilty as vw because they added as much polution as did the vw's because they burn double the fuel to get somewhere ...
F$&@ers

They made claims, huh? :) I recall Toyota getting called out on Prius mileage.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
http://cleantechnica.com/2015/10/17/vw-symptom-widespread-automotive-disruption/

The path forward for electric vehicles.

Electric cars just outperform everything else. I recently ran across a video of a 1968 Mustang fastback conversion to electric that give it 1.94 seconds to 60 mph and a top speed of 174. Teslas, obviously, are currently reaching 60 in 2.8 seconds with heavy, five- or even seven-passenger luxury sedans. The quickest two production cars in the world are gas-electric hybrids, because you can’t be fastest without electric motors these days. And the pitiful handful of fuel cell vehicles on the road are sluggish, because batteries are much more efficient at delivering electricity than fuel cells.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Last edited: