Total Recall 2012 Teaser Trailer

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Not Colin Farrell. And the chick they chose to be "Melina" (or whatever they call her), she is too "styled" for my taste. This looks more like a dog and pony version of Total Recall, emphasizing style over substance. The effects look awesome, but this acting pair might ruin it for me. Why do these people think that having certain actors are what makes people go to see a movie? The actors themselves are overrated. Even A-List actors cant improve a bad movie, so I think this movie will be expensive beyond belief, yet will be only "meh" at the box office. Lots of people wont go see it because of Colin Farrell.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Not Colin Farrell. And the chick they chose to be "Melina" (or whatever they call her), she is too "styled" for my taste. This looks more like a dog and pony version of Total Recall, emphasizing style over substance. The effects look awesome, but this acting pair might ruin it for me. Why do these people think that having certain actors are what makes people go to see a movie? The actors themselves are overrated. Even A-List actors cant improve a bad movie, so I think this movie will be expensive beyond belief, yet will be only "meh" at the box office. Lots of people wont go see it because of Colin Farrell.

Yeah I find him a turn off. To be honest I thought he had peaked years ago so I'm a bit surprised he's still getting lead roles. It's hard to sympathize/empathize with a character when they are being played by a drunken, loutish jerk like him. I just don't buy him as the hero type I'm supposed to root for.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
so WHO is up for the rewatch of the ORIGINAL T-R today?

i have secured my copy and im ready to go myself so lemme know when and if this is goin down!

S

Stonelesscutter

Yeah I find him a turn off. To be honest I thought he had peaked years ago so I'm a bit surprised he's still getting lead roles. It's hard to sympathize/empathize with a character when they are being played by a drunken, loutish jerk like him. I just don't buy him as the hero type I'm supposed to root for.

Was he the one they charicatured in that South Park episode once?

S

Stonelesscutter

so WHO is up for the rewatch of the ORIGINAL T-R today?

i have secured my copy and im ready to go myself so lemme know when and if this is goin down!

I may be, depending on circumstances. Just got home. Don't know how late I'll be making it today yet.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I may be, depending on circumstances. Just got home. Don't know how late I'll be making it today yet.

Hmm, is our lil' Dutch representative punching a clock nowadays?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Actually it's more like the clock punching me. (lights out)

Ah, I've missed your wit and wiles here on this forum. Somehow I don't picture you as a corporate drone working for the Man.

S

Stonelesscutter

Ah, I've missed your wit and wiles here on this forum. Somehow I don't picture you as a corporate drone working for the Man.

I know I'm putting the door wide open here, but, how do you picture me?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
S

Stonelesscutter

Like a European Kevin Spacey. ;)

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean exactly but I'll take it as a compliment. :) I have a lot more hair though. :D

Anyway, will you be doing a Total Recall rewatch tonight?

OMNI

well ill check in every half hour or so to see if you gurls are up for it.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Got disk in hand - what time do you guys want to start? :)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

OMNI

and WTH i just got "this forum requires you too wait 30 seconds between posts" WTF is that all about? ANNOYING!!!