Total Recall 2012 Teaser Trailer

heisenberg

Earl Grey
[video=youtube;M-wNgpj7Vcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-wNgpj7Vcw

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I usually frown on remakes of what I consider to be good movies that stand on their own and the test of time but I'm REALLY liking that trailer!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I usually frown on remakes of what I consider to be good movies that stand on their own and the test of time but I'm REALLY liking that trailer!

I tend to agree although I'm not a fan of a certain actor who inhabits the lead role. The clip looks very stylish and well done so I would be interested in seeing the movie over all.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
um im going to be the dick here and say no just NO i dont like this at all... ESPECIALLY with that dude as the lead actor.. just NO... i think ill stick with Arnie shoving tubes through peoples brains and 3 tittied marsians until hell freezes over..

yup..

/2cents..

OMNI

Oh and i almost forgot about the CREEPY "johnnycab"... shudders...

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I'm not much of a fan of Colin Farrell either, but I might just check this out. It's not the must-see movie of 2012 for me though. That honor falls to Prometheus.

By the way, am I the only one who's a bit reminded of Blade Runner stylistically when seeing the cityscape in the trailer?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I'm not much of a fan of Colin Farrell either, but I might just check this out. It's not the must-see movie of 2012 for me though. That honor falls to Prometheus.

By the way, am I the only one who's a bit reminded of Blade Runner stylistically when seeing the cityscape in the trailer?

I was thinking the same thing.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

Well, as both were written by Philip K Dick, I suppose that makes a bit of sense. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

This trailer sucks. It doesn't really show anything. Flying cars and stormtrooperlike robots. Wow. WTF is the link with Total Recall???

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
This trailer sucks. It doesn't really show anything. Flying cars and stormtrooperlike robots. Wow. WTF is the link with Total Recall???

As stupid as it sounds, this is actually a trailer for a trailer. Yeah, I know what you're thinking: :facepalm:

Oh and this movie is a remake. Though I suppose you could say that they're both just different adaptions of the same Philip K. Dick story. But considering the fact that neither of the films share a name with the story, that's a flimsy excuse at best.

S

Stonelesscutter

As stupid as it sounds, this is actually a trailer for a trailer. Yeah, I know what you're thinking: :facepalm:

Oh and this movie is a remake. Though I suppose you could say that they're both just different adaptions of the same Philip K. Dick story. But considering the fact that neither of the films share a name with the story, that's a flimsy excuse at best.

You said that as if I would have been unaware of the '90 Paul Verhoeven hit movie. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

Well you made it sound like you wasn't aware that this movie was a remake and thought it was some kind of sequel/prequel/whatever.

Oh ic. I just meant to say that I get absolutely zero of the story from the trailer of the trailer. It could have been a trailer for any movie with a futuristic premise really.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I was going to suggest a rewatch of the original but it isn't available to stream on Netflix.

The unrated version of Totally Baked however is available. Who's in? :D

S

Stonelesscutter

I was going to suggest a rewatch of the original but it isn't available to stream on Netflix.

The unrated version of Totally Baked however is available. Who's in? :D

I might do Total Recall but I don't think I'm up for the other one. :)

SciphonicStranger

I just remembered that I own the DVD. Where is our rewatch mod? ;)

OMNI

i still have to find my copy but im game tomorrow if there are more intrested individuals...

and i donno..

SciphonicStranger

i still have to find my copy but im game tomorrow if there are more intrested individuals...

and i donno..

In about 22 hours or so? I could probably make that work.

SciphonicStranger