Time for me.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Christian Slater's character got caught between a rock and a hard place. He was told not to tell the President something by his commanding officer but the President demanded it. He did it. They transferred him out as soon as it came out. Right before he left he leaked something to the press, Donna tried to take the blame for it, she had been dating him, but Josh figured out it was not her and did not let her resign.

Yeah, I loved it when Donna left and Josh tried that on the replacements and they put him in his place. LOL. I wish really quite happy to see they ended up together on the show.

Damn, you've got a better memory of the show than I do. :icon_mrgreen:

G

Graybrew1

Yeah I had the same exact experience with Btvs and Angel, as well as Borgen.

I loved Buffy and Angel too. I think I loved Angel a hair more. As Cordy's character grew and the banter with her and Angel got more funny, the show just started to rock.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I loved Buffy and Angel too. I think I loved Angel a hair more. As Cordy's character grew and the banter with her and Angel got more funny, the show just started to rock.

Cordelia is probably one of my top characters in the whole Buffyverse. The way she grew from the bitchy snob she was in Buffy Season 1 to the person she became at the end of Angel was just amazing, and truly showed the strenght of the writers, as well as Charisma Carpenter's capabilities as an actress.

G

Graybrew1

Cordelia is probably one of my top characters in the whole Buffyverse. The way she grew from the bitchy snob she was in Buffy Season 1 to the person she became at the end of Angel was just amazing, and truly showed the strenght of the writers, as well as Charisma Carpenter's capabilities as an actress.

I completely agree with this. Did you catch her and Spike on the SPN ep? It was perfect.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have to admit I never saw any of the Buffy shows. Having seen Firefly however, I can imagine they are probably good because Whedon did well on Firefly.

One show I rewatched recently was The Dresden Files. Pretty good show and (as usual) SyFy handled it all wrong (bad timeslot, moved it around a lot and pulled it prematurely). This could have really become a fixture for them.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I completely agree with this. Did you catch her and Spike on the SPN ep? It was perfect.

In all honesty's sake I haven't really been able to follow SPN. I've seen a few episodes here and there and it seems kind of interesting, so it's on my list of shows that I need to watch at some point.

BTW, speaking of Buffy/Angel, have you ever read this guy's blog? He's recently gone through all of Buffy for the first time completely spoiler free, and is in the process of going through Angel. I really enjoy reading all of his reviews, mostly because of all the wild speculation he has about the events in the show, which sort of reminds me of the way I was when I first watched the show.
http://markwatches.net/reviews/2011...mpire-slayer-s01e01-welcome-to-the-hellmouth/

I have to admit I never saw any of the Buffy shows. Having seen Firefly however, I can imagine they are probably good because Whedon did well on Firefly.

One show I rewatched recently was The Dresden Files. Pretty good show and (as usual) SyFy handled it all wrong (bad timeslot, moved it around a lot and pulled it prematurely). This could have really become a fixture for them.

You should definitely check them out, because if you liked Firefly I suspect that you'd enjoy Buffy & Angel as well, since it's got that great mix of humor, drama and action. BtVS may seem like a typical cheesy low budget 90s sci fi/fantasy show in season 1 (and TBH, I was close to giving up after watchign a few of those early episodes), but once you get half way through season 2 the show will have you hooked right until the end. You really ought to check it out if you have the chance.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I have to admit I never saw any of the Buffy shows.

I'm not trying to be a dink when I ask this but how could you have missed Buffy??? Such a good show for the most part. I loved how Whedon injected humor into the mix without it taking away from the seriousness of the show.

Give it a chance and see how it grows on you.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I absolutely grew to LOVE "Anya" (Emma Caulfield) on Buffy. The character growth with her made for some really good, compelling viewing. And Caulfield played the character so well! She actually made "Anya" sympathetic. Plus the humor with the character was a riot.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I absolutely grew to LOVE "Anya" (Emma Caulfield) on Buffy. The character growth with her made for some really good, compelling viewing. And Caulfield played the character so well! She actually made "Anya" sympathetic. Plus the humor with the character was a riot.

Oh yes, Anya was fantastic. She had absolutely no filter to speak of so almost everything that came out of her mouth would have roaring. And despite how often she was used as more of comic relief type character, I really enjoyed the work Emma Caulfield put into the character, and she was brilliant all of the more serious and emotional scenes the character had.

G

Graybrew1

Darn. After all this I am going to have to add them back to my list.lol. At the airport now. Breezed through the lines. Flight takes off in a few hours.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Spike was my favourite character in Buffy/Angel verse. He always is a riot, lol. Liked some of the villains in Buffy, Gloria or something was pretty funny. Damn, now I'm gonna rewatch this. I remember Nathan Fillon was a villain too in Buffy, he was awesome in the role, had a lot of the Mal vibe.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, he's got that whole Batman vibe going for him....I hate him. lol nah, he was cool. Wesley really changed in Angel.

Went from this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8fcH8I4bp0

to this:
tumblr_m8quchC7ss1ra0hj3o3_500.png