Time for me.

G

Graybrew1

I have been taking some time while working or after work and catching up with several shows that I had on "my list".

I got completely caught up with Castle.
I did Rome from start to finish.
I did West Wing from start to finish.
I started on B5, but it got quite expensive.

I am now working on Mad men. This show is awesome. I am so glad it is on Netflix for free and there is a full 5 seasons of it.

I am planning on Arrested Development next.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have been taking some time while working or after work and catching up with several shows that I had on "my list".

I am now working on Mad men. This show is awesome. I am so glad it is on Netflix for free and there is a full 5 seasons of it.

RIGHT ON!

That is inspiring. :) I am also trying to make time and it does feel good to get some entertainment going and have fun. Its the closest thing to adventure that most of us get easy access to. Why was B5 expensive?

G

Graybrew1

You cannot get it online from Netlix. You can only buy it for like 40 dollars a season to stream or 30 on dvd. If I cannot stream it, it is not worth my time. I think I might get creative when over in Holland this winter. :playful: I am sick of paying a fortune for stuff that should only cost half of what they are gouging me.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You cannot get it online from Netlix. You can only buy it for like 40 dollars a season to stream or 30 on dvd. If I cannot stream it, it is not worth my time. I think I might get creative when over in Holland this winter. :playful: I am sick of paying a fortune for stuff that should only cost half of what they are gouging me.

I agree.

pirateship.gif

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Do we steal because they gouge or do they gouge because we steal? :witless:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

RIGHT ON!

That is inspiring. :) I am also trying to make time and it does feel good to get some entertainment going and have fun. Its the closest thing to adventure that most of us get easy access to. Why was B5 expensive?

Ya know, you two, to an outsider reading this thread from Google, it looks like we're all a bunch of fat-ass couch potatoes each challenging the other to spend more time in front of the TV and be an even bigger couch potato. :D

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Ya know, you two, to an outsider reading this thread from Google, it looks like we're all a bunch of fat-ass couch potatoes each challenging the other to spend more time in front of the TV and be an even bigger couch potato. :D

Wait, I thought the biggest couch potato got a nice prize? Dammit! :icon10:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well this is a Science Fiction forum (or at least that was the idea). So be it by book or screen the topics will tend in that direction.

I admit I have taken to watching the films I have been doing short reviews of here while doing a light calisthenics routine. It serves two purposes - tires me out and also keeps me from being inactive between heaver workouts at the gym.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Youre right, it does sorta look that way, but I have actually been very active doing other things and I find that TV can be a nice diversion going when doing work around the house. :) Im still at a nice trim 175lbs and staying healthy. There was a spell where I had a cold. The first cold I have had in many years, but that is over and I feel like me again. I think Gray has the right balance going, with traveling and also watching TV. Its when 100% of our activities are done while sitting that it becomes dangerous!

couch-potato.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well this is a Science Fiction forum (or at least that was the idea). So be it by book or screen the topics will tend in that direction.

I admit I have taken to watching the films I have been doing short reviews of here while doing a light calisthenics routine. It serves two purposes - tires me out and also keeps me from being inactive between heaver workouts at the gym.

Whatever helps achieve a healthy balance is a good thing. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Youre right, it does sorta look that way, but I have actually been very active doing other things and I find that TV can be a nice diversion going when doing work around the house. :) Im still at a nice trim 175lbs and staying healthy. There was a spell where I had a cold. The first cold I have had in many years, but that is over and I feel like me again. I think Gray has the right balance going, with traveling and also watching TV. Its when 100% of our activities are done while sitting that it becomes dangerous!

View attachment 7684

This is what killed me when I framed it completely out of context in my twisted mind:

"I'm catching up with several shows ..."
"That is inspiring!"

We have threads that inspire good eating, health, achievement and culture. When I saw those two phrases, it hit me hard and I burst out laughing for a moment! :D

Don't get me wrong. I fall square into that category, too! I love my shows! :)

G

Graybrew1

This is not just a Scifi forum anymore. If we ever wish to bring in new members this shows me that a more general name would better.

G

Graybrew1

This is what killed me when I framed it completely out of context in my twisted mind:

"I'm catching up with several shows ..."
"That is inspiring!"

We have threads that inspire good eating, health, achievement and culture. When I saw those two phrases, it hit me hard and I burst out laughing for a moment! :D

Don't get me wrong. I fall square into that category, too! I love my shows! :)

Well, I already eat healtier than most, excercise more than most(not you Bluce, LOL) and have achieved and lost much in life. The culture kinda goes along with the watchin various things. I think that some good mental health is important too. Stress is a killer, we all need to find ways to relieve it. I go in spurts but for right now, it has been some good shows.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I find fiber helps. :excitement:

(Psyllium husk fiber, i.e. Metamucil, except I don't care for the sugar or citric acid they load into Metamucil so I usually just go with a basic powder. Trust me, it will change your life!)

P.S. -- Sorry, didn't mean to make this a poop thread. :icon_e_confused:

G

Graybrew1

I find fiber helps. :excitement:

(Psyllium husk fiber, i.e. Metamucil, except I don't care for the sugar or citric acid they load into Metamucil so I usually just go with a basic powder. Trust me, it will change your life!)

P.S. -- Sorry, didn't mean to make this a poop thread. :icon_e_confused:

Fiber is a big part of a healthy diet.

Healthy mind, Healthy body and Healthy soul.
A nice stiff drink every once and while works wonders too. :icon10:

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

I'm rewatching that show myself. :) Did you watch it for the first time, or was it just a rewatch?

G

Graybrew1

I was just browsing through Netflix and I recall that it was a award winning show. I think I saw some of it before but not all of it.
It was a great show. I really enjoyed it. Too bad they could not have continued, I think they did a decent job with setting up a transition.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I was just browsing through Netflix and I recall that it was a award winning show. I think I saw some of it before but not all of it.
It was a great show. I really enjoyed it. Too bad they could not have continued, I think they did a decent job with setting up a transition.

Indeed, thought had it continued I think that it wouldn't have had that same kind of magic without Martin Sheen there, and without the election storyline which really kept it going in the last few seasons. BTW, out of shear curiousity, did you notice any significant change in quality during season 4 when Aaron Sorkin (who'd written almost every episode during Season 1-3), was forced to leave the show?

G

Graybrew1

Indeed, thought had it continued I think that it wouldn't have had that same kind of magic without Martin Sheen there, and without the election storyline which really kept it going in the last few seasons. BTW, out of shear curiousity, did you notice any significant change in quality during season 4 when Aaron Sorkin (who'd written almost every episode during Season 1-3), was forced to leave the show?

Hmmmm............I think that was when they started to really jump into the re-election campaign. I will say the tone did change for that. It kinda dragged a bit for a a few times and I think it got more sentimental. Once they got past that, I think they found a way to make it all fit again.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Hmmmm............I think that was when they started to really jump into the re-election campaign. I will say the tone did change for that. It kinda dragged a bit for a a few times and I think it got more sentimental. Once they got past that, I think they found a way to make it all fit again.

My mistake, it was actually season 5. Starting with the storyline of Zoe's kidnapping where Bartlet invoked the 25th and the Speaker of the House became acting president.