Time for me.

G

Graybrew1

My mistake, it was actually season 5. Starting with the storyline of Zoe's kidnapping where Bartlet invoked the 25th and the Speaker of the House became acting president.

LOL. Ohhhhhh.
I guess they were changing before he left. I think season 5 was still pretty good, imo. I saw more of a drop when they jumped out of day to day government running and into the elections. I will say by the time they were on the Santo/Arnie campaign, it was accepted in my head. I still liked it back when it was more about the actual White House daily events.

It was a sad sick twist of fate that they wrote a near fatal heartache into Leo's storyline and then the actor actually died of one.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
LOL. Ohhhhhh.
I guess they were changing before he left. I think season 5 was still pretty good, imo. I saw more of a drop when they jumped out of day to day government running and into the elections. I will say by the time they were on the Santo/Arnie campaign, it was accepted in my head. I still liked it back when it was more about the actual White House daily events.

It was a sad sick twist of fate that they wrote a near fatal heartache into Leo's storyline and then the actor actually died of one.

Actually I'm of the opinion that the election storyline with Santos and Vinick during the last few seasons was what kept the show going for me in a way. The show just felt a bit more fresh and newer with that storyline, and especially liked how they focused on both candidates, not just one of them.

Yeah, that was truly sad. John Spencer was a really good actor who brought a lot to his role, and it was such a shame that he didn't even get to live to see the end of the show.

While we're talking about The West Wing, have you seen this? :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEdHhZcmEoM

G

Graybrew1

Actually I'm of the opinion that the election storyline with Santos and Vinick during the last few seasons was what kept the show going for me in a way. The show just felt a bit more fresh and newer with that storyline, and especially liked how they focused on both candidates, not just one of them.

Yeah, that was truly sad. John Spencer was a really good actor who brought a lot to his role, and it was such a shame that he didn't even get to live to see the end of the show.

While we're talking about The West Wing, have you seen this? :D

I agree, it did, but it was a different type of magic for me. I loved the original, part of what was great about the new was that it had in it a lot of the old.

OMG, that was a GREAT clip. I had no idea they did that. Poor CJ looks worse then Bartlett. LOL.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I agree, it did, but it was a different type of magic for me. I loved the original, part of what was great about the new was that it had in it a lot of the old.

OMG, that was a GREAT clip. I had no idea they did that. Poor CJ looks worse then Bartlett. LOL.

Yeah you're right about that.

Well, I'd say Allison Janney looks alright for a woman of 50+ years...

Oh and while I remember, you should definitely check out another political drama called Borgen. It's one of the most addictive shows I've had the pleasure of watching lately, and hopefully you won't mind checking out stuff with subtitles. :wink: I can send you a link to a site were you can stream the first episode if you're interested. :)

G

Graybrew1

Yeah you're right about that.

Well, I'd say Allison Janney looks alright for a woman of 50+ years...

Oh and while I remember, you should definitely check out another political drama called Borgen. It's one of the most addictive shows I've had the pleasure of watching lately, and hopefully you won't mind checking out stuff with subtitles. :wink: I can send you a link to a site were you can stream the first episode if you're interested. :)
Sure that would be great. I had never heard of that one.
What language is it in? I can read pretty fast.

I would suggest Mad Men to you. It has many political and social lessons from the USA's past. Not all good, but very well portrayed.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Sure that would be great. I had never heard of that one.
What language is it in? I can read pretty fast.

I would suggest Mad Men to you. It has many political and social lessons from the USA's past. Not all good, but very well portrayed.

It's in Danish.

I was actually planning on sitting down to watch that somewhere down the line, but I just haven't found the time. Now that you're recommending it, I better get to it! :)

G

Graybrew1

Thanks for the info.

I get into shows like this when they are on Netflix and they are like candy to me. I really love delving into the characters and watching them grow when their is good writing a nice long 5 season show to see it.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Thanks for the info.

I get into shows like this when they are on Netflix and they are like candy to me. I really love delving into the characters and watching them grow when their is good writing a nice long 5 season show to see it.

Yep, same here. Though I don't get into shows via Netflix, since their offerings here are crap. All I can say is that you'll probably like Borgen judging from the stuff you've said you enjoy. Because it's really one of the most well written shows I've watched. The way you see all the characters develop and change over the course of the series is amazing.

G

Graybrew1

Yes, sounds like I shall try that after Arrested Development.

Netflix in US is crap in movies but pretty good for Tv shows. I have a VPN thingy so I can get a bit more when needed. :biggrin:

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Yes, sounds like I shall try that after Arrested Development.

Netflix in US is crap in movies but pretty good for Tv shows. I have a VPN thingy so I can get a bit more when needed. :biggrin:

Damn, there's another show I've heard nothing but good stuff about, but never had the time to watch.

Well here their tv offerings pretty much suck to. Granted they've only been available in Sweden for a month or two, but for most tv shows they offer they don't have the latest couple of seasons. They've only got Doctor Who up to season 5, Dexter up to season 4, etc.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I cannot wait, I have never seen it.
I also read there is a movie coming out for it soon.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-Arrested-Development-Movie-Could-Make-History-32814.html

Yeah same here. One of the reasons I actually want to see it is because I want to know just what all the fuzz is about before the movie comes out.

Hmm... all this talking about the show has me thinking that maybe I should start watching the show now. After all, I've only got four more episodes left on my West Wing rewatch...

G

Graybrew1

I was kinda sad at the last couple of West Wing eps. I bet they could do a reboot of that show if they wanted. The biggest problems would be keeping everybody happy. Bartlett was able to do so most of the time. If it gets too ugly it loses some of the escape we look for in good dramas.

Hmmmmm... You will finish Arrested Development before me. LOL. I think it will take me a few weeks to get through Mad Men. I used to do two different ones at once but lately I have enjoyed becoming completely enthralled in one show at a time.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yeah same here. One of the reasons I actually want to see it is because I want to know just what all the fuzz is about before the movie comes out.

Hmm... all this talking about the show has me thinking that maybe I should start watching the show now. After all, I've only got four more episodes left on my West Wing rewatch...

Hey ESA, been meaning to ask if you ever got to watch the UK version of Being Human all the way through? I think a couple months back you were thinking about giving it a try. Just curious what you thought cuz I really grooved on that version of the show.

G

Graybrew1

Hey ESA, been meaning to ask if you ever got to watch the UK version of Being Human all the way through? I think a couple months back you were thinking about giving it a try. Just curious what you thought cuz I really grooved on that version of the show.
Even last season?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I was kinda sad at the last couple of West Wing eps. I bet they could do a reboot of that show if they wanted. The biggest problems would be keeping everybody happy. Bartlett was able to do so most of the time. If it gets too ugly it loses some of the escape we look for in good dramas.

Hmmmmm... You will finish Arrested Development before me. LOL. I think it will take me a few weeks to get through Mad Men. I used to do two different ones at once but lately I have enjoyed becoming completely enthralled in one show at a time.

Yeah they could definitely do some kind of continuation of The West Wing, just as long as they get some good actors for the parts and keep some of the old ones, like Bradley Whitford, who is someone I just couldn't imagine The West Wing to be without.
tumblr_mcd52h5Sy71ql1dys.gif

I tried to do two at once, namely Buffy and Angel while I watched those for the first time, but I gave up on that half way through Buffy S5/Angel S2, because I just became too hooked on the Buffy storyline so finished the whole show before continuing with Angel.

Watch, and I really enjoyed it. I wasn't much of fan of the cast changes in the last season, and I didn't really like it as much as the previous ones TBH, but it was still pretty damn good.

G

Graybrew1

Yeah they could definitely do some kind of continuation of The West Wing, just as long as they get some good actors for the parts and keep some of the old ones, like Bradley Whitford, who is someone I just couldn't imagine The West Wing to be without.
View attachment 7699

I tried to do two at once, namely Buffy and Angel while I watched those for the first time, but I gave up on that half way through Buffy S5/Angel S2, because I just became too hooked on the Buffy storyline so finished the whole show before continuing with Angel.

Watch, and I really enjoyed it. I wasn't much of fan of the cast changes in the last season, and I didn't really like it as much as the previous ones TBH, but it was still pretty damn good.

Yes, Bradley Whitford could play the next president. President Lyman. :peaceful: Donna would be first lady. The little guy with glasses could be the Secretary of State. I did not really care for Toby. CJ and Danny could be presidential advisors. Charlie could be Josh's Presidential doctor( He changed his mind and went to med school with Zoey). It would be great if they could get a big name like Christian Slater, have him reprise his role and make him head dude in the War room now.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Amazingly I was okay with the drastic cast changes in BH in the third season. Normally I would have hated such a move but I think they did a bang-up job with the story line and with introducing the new characters that it somehow worked.

I wonder if they're going to continue with those new characters or if the show is done for good now?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Yes, Bradley Whitford could play the next president. President Lyman. :peaceful: Donna would be first lady. The little guy with glasses could be the Secretary of State. I did not really care for Toby. CJ and Danny could be presidential advisors. Charlie could be Josh's Presidential doctor( He changed his mind and went to med school with Zoey). It would be great if they could get a big name like Christian Slater, have him reprise his role and make him head dude in the War room now.

Oh god, I can already picture him sitting in the oval office and yelling "Donna!" at the top of his lungs. :D

Speaking of Christian Slater, what ever happened to his character? I remember a few of the episodes he had on the show, and I remember that I really liked his character, but then he just went "poof" and was never seen again. He must've fallen into the same black hole as Ainsley Hayes...

Amazingly I was okay with the drastic cast changes in BH in the third season. Normally I would have hated such a move but I think they did a bang-up job with the story line and with introducing the new characters that it somehow worked.

I wonder if they're going to continue with those new characters or if the show is done for good now?

According to wiki the BBC have a fifth season in the works.

G

Graybrew1

Christian Slater's character got caught between a rock and a hard place. He was told not to tell the President something by his commanding officer but the President demanded it. He did it. They transferred him out as soon as it came out. Right before he left he leaked something to the press, Donna tried to take the blame for it, she had been dating him, but Josh figured out it was not her and did not let her resign.

Yeah, I loved it when Donna left and Josh tried that on the replacements and they put him in his place. LOL. I wish really quite happy to see they ended up together on the show.