The Wanking Dead Season 4

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
He shot an older kid in cold blood who was handing over his rifle surrendering while he was with old guy. Didn't blink and didn't think he did anything wrong, either. No remorse, complete lack of empathy.

I find the kid annoying. They wrote him in like he's a seasoned adult who has seen the world. His mom needed to go but I think Carl should follow. We need less children as part of the core story for this shit to work and leave them more as backdrop. Nothing revolved around Carl and his character's development was minimized in season 1, which I think contributed to its quality. Exit Darabont who took with him any hope of this series being any good and out came the melodrama and children with story arcs.

F**k this show.

I, too, share your revulsion of children, but let's please hold off on judging Carl too harshly until they pair him up with a pet sidekick, which will most likely be a zombie dog. We can then officially say that The Walking Turd has jumped the shark. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yet another yawn episode. A super bug that kills in hours :facepalm:

A cheap and easy way for the writers to thin the herd of red shirts. ;)

B

Backstep

Yeah,
A cheap and easy way for the writers to thin the herd of red shirts. ;)

cheap and cheesy.

The survivors have been at the prison a year, and yet to fortify the perimeter? Just a non counter balanced gate. I would go on but I'll pull a WD writer stunt and be lazy and stop here.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Did anyone else notice how when the people sleeping in the prison turned that they easily squashed the head of that one chick zombie under a boot? So, this means that when one turns into a zed one's body immediately becomes as squishy as a Twinkie. There wasn't even any bone structure left in that skull. Funny how that works...

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Did anyone else notice how when the people sleeping in the prison turned that they easily squashed the head of that one chick zombie under a boot? So, this means that when one turns into a zed one's body immediately becomes as squishy as a Twinkie. There wasn't even any bone structure left in that skull. Funny how that works...

Obviously you haven't heard of the dreaded pickled zombie, they've been specially kept in vinegar jars for special occasions.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Obviously you haven't heard of the dreaded pickled zombie, they've been specially kept in vinegar jars for special occasions.

Sounds like a delicacy!
141981d1350526127-last-poster-wins-15-excited-smiley.gif

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Yeah,

cheap and cheesy.

The survivors have been at the prison a year, and yet to fortify the perimeter? Just a non counter balanced gate. I would go on but I'll pull a WD writer stunt and be lazy and stop here.

That whole scene was stupid. To push down a fence that high, the weight would have to be distributed above the 1/2 way point. Since zombies don't climb, piling onto each other from behind would not overwhelm the fence and cause it to fall over.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Soooo I wonder how these people are surviving? I mean firstly crops take a while to grow right? And land. So living off scavenged goods can well only last for so long since there is only a limited supply in each area unless you keep on going from one spot to the other not knowing about the state of resources. I will admit I fully stopped watching after season 2, with a bit of season 3 here and there. But er, hey I guess they can literally heli drop in redshirts and other meaningless people in to supplement the amount of stupid, can't have that supply going dry!

They are eating walkers well roasted over an open pit--all off camera

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
That whole scene was stupid. To push down a fence that high, the weight would have to be distributed above the 1/2 way point. Since zombies don't climb, piling onto each other from behind would not overwhelm the fence and cause it to fall over.

The fence shouldn't even be an issue to begin with. They've been there for approximately 8 months according to an exec producer and they also have (had) at least 45 people there. So in all that time no one thought to get some earth moving equipment and dig a trench around the prison? Zeds fall in but they don't come out. Then just burn them like they do anyway.

There is nothing but tons of unused heavy duty vehicles (military ones too) sitting around that entire area. Obviously gas isn't a problem as they are still driving shitty little cars that are sardine cans on wheels, so why don't they do like the Governor did and get some big rigs and just run over the zeds while someone else digs the trench with a backhoe?

This show isn't just stupid, it's willfully stupid. It deserves every criticism thrown its way.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Are you referring to tonights episode or to the show in toto? I think the character of Carl tonight was just dumb because it was so out of character. They had him all weak and pussified and daddy's boy when last we knew him as being hard core. Now, I get it, they had Rick come down on him and try to make him a "farmer" instead of a sheriff cuz he was worried his lil' boy was growing up too fast -- in a world infested with zombies. :rolleyes:

God, I hate this show. The writing is soooooooooooooooooo bad! I mean, it's insulting to anyone with an ounce of common sense between their ears. They actually expect us to believe that in the middle of a zombie apocalypse Rick stopped carrying a gun and made Carl stop carrying a gun so they could play farmer behind some chain link fence? Really??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm so sick of Rick being this tortured messianic character when in actuality he's a stumbling moron. Really, he's just an idiot. I could never trust someone as willfully incompetent as him to lead me in a trip to the beach let alone a zombie invasion.[/quote

All of the characters that could have and should have been in charge, have been killed off.

If I ever found myself in a situation even remotely resembling this, I would far favor the strong man, "nobody has any more rights" tuff guy. Co-ops and "small democracy" can wait until the situation is far more under control.

The governor was doing the right thing, but they had to give him a fatal flaw with his daughter in the closet and zombie gladiator fights crap.

Another thing in general. Rick and everyone else, are only in a very small part of the nation. Like just the area immediately around Atlanta. They have no idea what is going on elsewhere. I think it far more likely that the situation would be more like the one in WWZ (though otherwise the movie was bad) the TWD.

It just goes beyond belief that some official entity somewhere was able to get their shit together enough to make a proper safe zone. If the governor could do it as an amateur, I am sure the professionals can as well.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I might give a shit about them being decimated by a virulent flu bug if they had actually taken rational, common sense steps to secure themselves and prevent people from walking around at night within the prison walls cuz, ya know, people like, die and stuff and then turn into freakin' zombies.

B

Backstep

In S1 when the Rick and Glenn went to get the box truck so the group could leave Atlanta, a couple walkers climbed the fence. Just sayin.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
In S1 when the Rick and Glenn went to get the box truck so the group could leave Atlanta, a couple walkers climbed the fence. Just sayin.

*sigh*

I can forgive that because it was Darabont. :icon_lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Tonight's episode:

All+Purpose+Filler+Tub.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
mnuwfci.jpg

*I don't agree completely with this chart but it comes close in most examples. Honestly though the cliffhangers don't intrigue me that much because they're always resolved in a lame fashion.

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't buy that Carol is the one doing the killing in the prison. I think she's covering for one of the little girls, one or both of which are psycho.

*what happened to the spoiler tags?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I tried to watch it and turned it off in favor of football. It was boring and I just could not work up any real interest in the characters or story.

B

Backstep

I fell asleep, did they cut from the picture of the windmill at any time during the hour?