The Wanking Dead Season 4

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm sure rat man is the Governor. It's his plan to cause the prison to collapse.....yawn.

The more I thought about it the more I realized it's just like the writers to do something lame like have Michonne traipse all over Georgia looking for the Gov when the whole time he's been hiding in their backyard.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Soooo I wonder how these people are surviving? I mean firstly crops take a while to grow right? And land. So living off scavenged goods can well only last for so long since there is only a limited supply in each area unless you keep on going from one spot to the other not knowing about the state of resources. I will admit I fully stopped watching after season 2, with a bit of season 3 here and there. But er, hey I guess they can literally heli drop in redshirts and other meaningless people in to supplement the amount of stupid, can't have that supply going dry!

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I got slagged by fanboys for criticising season 3 as being very soapy on another forum. I assume season 4 is more of the same?

B

Backstep

Soooo I wonder how these people are surviving? I mean firstly crops take a while to grow right? And land. So living off scavenged goods can well only last for so long since there is only a limited supply in each area unless you keep on going from one spot to the other not knowing about the state of resources. I will admit I fully stopped watching after season 2, with a bit of season 3 here and there. But er, hey I guess they can literally heli drop in redshirts and other meaningless people in to supplement the amount of stupid, can't have that supply going dry!

It's spring and they have Tomatos planted, had a pig but it died. Funny thing is, no chickens.

B

Backstep

I got slagged by fanboys for criticising season 3 as being very soapy on another forum. I assume season 4 is more of the same?

It's only one episode in, can't really say what S4 will be like yet.

That other site be AMC's form? I stopped going there when the fanbois would dog pile you and their MOD would join in. I went back there Sunday all the talk was fan girling about characters :smiley-015:

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
It's only one episode in, can't really say what S4 will be like yet.

That other site be AMC's form? I stopped going there when the fanbois would dog pile you and their MOD would join in. I went back there Sunday all the talk was fan girling about characters :smiley-015:
Oh it's a private forum I doubt you've heard of it.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It's spring and they have Tomatos planted, had a pig but it died. Funny thing is, no chickens.

They did have chickens in season 2 when they were on that farm. They fed them to the zeds in the barn. They also had cattle on the farm I believe. (OMG, I'm turning into a fanboi! :icon_e_surprised: :( )

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nobody talks about the nature of the zombieism. Nobody knows what causes it, and nobody seems to care. They just spend time running and hiding and protecting themselves (and the dumb drama). They blew up the CDC in the first season, so all that are left are dumb military people and vigilante type morons like this group. BORING. They need to spin off a different series from this and put some science back into it.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Nobody talks about the nature of the zombieism. Nobody knows what causes it, and nobody seems to care. They just spend time running and hiding and protecting themselves (and the dumb drama). They blew up the CDC in the first season, so all that are left are dumb military people and vigilante type morons like this group. BORING. They need to spin off a different series from this and put some science back into it.

Yeah you can only do the whole 'survival' aspect for so long, it gets old seeing the same events play out with different characters. It is one of the reasons why I can't understand a total collapse of systems, I mean what about all of those nuclear power stations dotted around, if they go up, well, game over radioactive zombies! 'le gasp!' I'll stop before I beat this show over the head with the World War Z book.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah you can only do the whole 'survival' aspect for so long, it gets old seeing the same events play out with different characters. It is one of the reasons why I can't understand a total collapse of systems, I mean what about all of those nuclear power stations dotted around, if they go up, well, game over radioactive zombies! 'le gasp!' I'll stop before I beat this show over the head with the World War Z book.

We already know they decay and can be made immobile by trapping them, so why not just make use of the stadiums and other enclosed facilities and lure the walkers in there and then burn the place up? Why is NOONE trying to figure out a way to prevent the zombie disease? They have time to elect Governors and military people, but where the hell did the scientists go? A simple vehicle like a Hummer H2 or even a school bus would make an excellent convoy vehicle. There should be plenty of gasoline around, so why are they still schlepping around in the backwoods???

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
We already know they decay and can be made immobile by trapping them, so why not just make use of the stadiums and other enclosed facilities and lure the walkers in there and then burn the place up? Why is NOONE trying to figure out a way to prevent the zombie disease? They have time to elect Governors and military people, but where the hell did the scientists go? A simple vehicle like a Hummer H2 or even a school bus would make an excellent convoy vehicle. There should be plenty of gasoline around, so why are they still schlepping around in the backwoods???

All humans are infected. They need to find a cure.

Bring back season 1. It was cinematic and had all the elements of a good story. Dumping Darabont was the stupidest thing AMC could have done with this show.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Bring back season 1. It was cinematic and had all the elements of a good story. Dumping Darabont was the stupidest thing AMC could have done with this show.

You sure got that right. They actually fired him: http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-frank-darabont-amc-aco-127783/

It’s been said that Darabont was involved in constant battles with the network to maintain the creative vision that drew so many fans to the series in the first place. On top of that, sources say that Darabont “doesn’t like to see the cast and crew overworked and underpaid.” Even with record ratings on their side, Darabont would repeatedly enter meetings with Stillerman where he would simply say, “Ratings have no bearing on this conversation.” Stillerman is somewhat known for not being the “best person” to deal with. With rumors persisting that he has poor relationships with most of AMC’s series creators, insiders have begun to say that “Joel [Stillerman] thinks he is responsible for the success of shows on AMC, and not the creators.”

With AMC making a leap into the forefront of scripted television, there’s always been a sense of the network going through growing pains. Not only is AMC doing it on their own (they have no parent company to support them), but they’re also trying to maintain a quality which rivals that of their pay-cable counterparts, HBO and Showtime.

Unfortunately, AMC only makes 60 cents for each cable subscriber, which isn’t enough to maintain the level of quality they were once able to do when they weren’t expected to pay the same amount as the other networks for programming. That being said, it’s hard to really stand up for a network that’s being championed by someone who’s a complete contrarian to the creative process.

This is Joel Stillerman, and word has it he is an uber asshole. Note how many rings he is wearing, btw. He has the personality of an insurance salesman.

rsw12_0049.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

There's definitely a lack of direction with the story telling now. I'm sure the writers think they're giving us this uber taut and exciting stuff but truthfully it's just paint by numbers crap. The "raining zombies thru the store roof" gimmick was just that, a gimmick, yet the writers no doubt think that that was actually good story telling. Truthfully it didn't advance the story at all, it was just eye candy for slack-jawed fanbois and fanbois suck as we all know. ;)

B

Backstep

Frank D had a mapped out story arc, that was flushed when AMC fired him and his writers walked out in protest. Yeah season 1 had some soap bubbles but was tolerable, while Season 2 had a protective soap bubble to keep walkers out and melodrama in :nono::facepalm: Season 3 was an attempt to flush the turd of S2 but would go past the S bend. Season 4 started out Meh.

Can one hope this 'spinoff' will be more of Frank D arc?

Bluce Ree

Can't wait for Carl to bite the dust. Can't stand how they wrote that kid.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Can't wait for Carl to bite the dust. Can't stand how they wrote that kid.

Are you referring to tonights episode or to the show in toto? I think the character of Carl tonight was just dumb because it was so out of character. They had him all weak and pussified and daddy's boy when last we knew him as being hard core. Now, I get it, they had Rick come down on him and try to make him a "farmer" instead of a sheriff cuz he was worried his lil' boy was growing up too fast -- in a world infested with zombies. :rolleyes:

God, I hate this show. The writing is soooooooooooooooooo bad! I mean, it's insulting to anyone with an ounce of common sense between their ears. They actually expect us to believe that in the middle of a zombie apocalypse Rick stopped carrying a gun and made Carl stop carrying a gun so they could play farmer behind some chain link fence? Really??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm so sick of Rick being this tortured messianic character when in actuality he's a stumbling moron. Really, he's just an idiot. I could never trust someone as willfully incompetent as him to lead me in a trip to the beach let alone a zombie invasion.

Bluce Ree

Are you referring to tonights episode or to the show in toto? I think the character of Carl tonight was just dumb because it was so out of character. They had him all weak and pussified and daddy's boy when last we knew him as being hard core. Now, I get it, they had Rick come down on him and try to make him a "farmer" instead of a sheriff cuz he was worried his lil' boy was growing up too fast -- in a world infested with zombies. :rolleyes:

God, I hate this show. The writing is soooooooooooooooooo bad! I mean, it's insulting to anyone with an ounce of common sense between their ears. They actually expect us to believe that in the middle of a zombie apocalypse Rick stopped carrying a gun and made Carl stop carrying a gun so they could play farmer behind some chain link fence? Really??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm so sick of Rick being this tortured messianic character when in actuality he's a stumbling moron. Really, he's just an idiot. I could never trust someone as willfully incompetent as him to lead me in a trip to the beach let alone a zombie invasion.

I can't stand Carl in general. Last season he was the most calm, collected and mature of them all and had no problem putting bullets through anyone. A child won't harden that fast unless he's a psychopath.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I can't stand Carl in general. Last season he was the most calm, collected and mature of them all and had no problem putting bullets through anyone. A child won't harden that fast unless he's a psychopath.

I don't know that I would call Carl a psychopath. I mean, think about it, he was a kid when the world crashed and in order to survive he has to be willing to shoot a gun. That's a shit sandwich for a kid but thems the breaks in his world. So he learned how to kill a lot of zeds but only shot one person (I think) who was a bad guy working for the Governor. So I don't know that that makes him a psychopath as opposed to simply being practical (but that's something a psychopath would say, wouldn't they? :P ).

Bluce Ree

I don't know that I would call Carl a psychopath. I mean, think about it, he was a kid when the world crashed and in order to survive he has to be willing to shoot a gun. That's a shit sandwich for a kid but thems the breaks in his world. So he learned how to kill a lot of zeds but only shot one person (I think) who was a bad guy working for the Governor. So I don't know that that makes him a psychopath as opposed to simply being practical (but that's something a psychopath would say, wouldn't they? :P ).

He shot an older kid in cold blood who was handing over his rifle surrendering while he was with old guy. Didn't blink and didn't think he did anything wrong, either. No remorse, complete lack of empathy.

I find the kid annoying. They wrote him in like he's a seasoned adult who has seen the world. His mom needed to go but I think Carl should follow. We need less children as part of the core story for this shit to work and leave them more as backdrop. Nothing revolved around Carl and his character's development was minimized in season 1, which I think contributed to its quality. Exit Darabont who took with him any hope of this series being any good and out came the melodrama and children with story arcs.

F**k this show.