The Walking Dead S9

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It died after the first season. In fact, the first season was the only watchable one given the budget and the director.

I spent almost all of Season 1 whining and ranting about Lori and how I wanted SO BAAAD for her to get bitten and killed. Then, I couldn't stay around long enough to watch it happen. I stopped watching the episode just before Lori died and I still have not seen the episode to this date! Unlike Z Nation where I just lost interest but would still be willing to watch, The Walking Dead turned me off and I won't watch it because I don't like the show.

Last edited:

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
I spend almost all of Season 1 whining and ranting about Lori and how I wanted SO BAAAD for her to get bitten and killed. Then, I couldn't stay around long enough to watch it happen. I stopped watching the episode just before Lori died and I still have not seen the episode to this date! Unlike Z Nation where I just lost interest but would still be willing to watch, The Walking Dead turned me off and I won't watch it because I don't like the show.

Season 1 didn't really focus on Lori, if even barely. You may be confusing the timeline with season 2 when it became a soap opera and everyone wanted Lori, and about half the cast, to get eaten.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Season 1 didn't really focus on Lori, if even barely. You may be confusing the timeline with season 2 when it became a soap opera and everyone wanted Lori, and about half the case, to get eaten.
Wait, you are right! So, if she got killed at the end of Season 2, then I watched two seasons and not one. It has been so long now!

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
Wait, you are right! So, if she got killed at the end of Season 2, then I watched two seasons and not one. It has been so long now!

She died in season 3 when she climbed into a zombie's stomach. Here's a picture from the episode showing the zombie with a belly full of Lori.

upload_2018-11-23_11-32-20.jpeg

Hugh Jass

GateFans Cadet
I think this show is one of the best dramas out there. I wish it would go back to more drama like in the earlier seasons but the fan wankers want more action. The endless dialogue following every zombie kill keeps me glued to this show.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think this show is one of the best dramas out there. I wish it would go back to more drama like in the earlier seasons but the fan wankers want more action. The endless dialogue following every zombie kill keeps me glued to this show.

I kept pushing the "Suspend Belief" button, but after seeing zombies in herds YEARS after the plague, and way out in the countryside, the button broke. :) Seriously though, just the sight of Lori made me want to change the channel. I got tired of FTWD after only one season.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I can't call it a good drama with a straight face sorry. The acting overall has been middling, the stories border a lot on the ludicrous, frequently relying on dumb decisions by Rick to propel the narrative forward. And they have had a long standing tendency to get way too maudlin and engage in way too much navel gazing.

That said, the departures of Rick and Maggie plus new showrunners does seem to have improved it a little.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
By the way the comic is ended at Issue 193 which was just released about 4 weeks ago. Kirkman killed off Rick in 192 and the last issue ends with a final time jump to show that the walkers are indeed defeated finally.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
By the way the comic is ended at Issue 193 which was just released about 4 weeks ago. Kirkman killed off Rick in 192 and the last issue ends with a final time jump to show that the walkers are indeed defeated finally.

i am guessing

and it is really "i got like 2% of my overall interest invested in this show" kind of thing / "completion disease" on my part

that the end will come via FTWD

why? well, the only place so far, we have seen characters interact personally with any of the 'helicopter people' has been in ftwd

and remember, timeline wise, ftwd is about what 7 yrs behind where the story of TWD is now and they still have not met the helo people

i have said it before, ftwd is much better (of course coming from where it was-so low) since they brought over Lennie James- "Morgan"

the overall boost to quality and maybe ratings, is a little like when they brought Work into DS9 and the effect that character had on the show

so yeah, i am guessing they are going to bring the ending/ resolution to the chaos of society, via ftwd

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i am guessing

and it is really "i got like 2% of my overall interest invested in this show" kind of thing / "completion disease" on my part

that the end will come via FTWD

why? well, the only place so far, we have seen characters interact personally with any of the 'helicopter people' has been in ftwd

and remember, timeline wise, ftwd is about what 7 yrs behind where the story of TWD is now and they still have not met the helo people

i have said it before, ftwd is much better (of course coming from where it was-so low) since they brought over Lennie James- "Morgan"

the overall boost to quality and maybe ratings, is a little like when they brought Work into DS9 and the effect that character had on the show

so yeah, i am guessing they are going to bring the ending/ resolution to the chaos of society, via ftwd

I will actually watch the episode that shows the walkers all defeated (if it ever comes)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I will actually watch the episode that shows the walkers all defeated (if it ever comes)

besides the fact that the walkers should not even be walking any more, the main fight is against the living and things like Nuclear Power plant meltdowns in ftwd

the helicopter people- as they have no other name yet- imo, will be the vehicle for the end of both series

but we still got a couple of TWD/Rick movies coming!!! (oh yea :( )

those two should involve the help people as they now have Rick

i will just do as i am now, let a few eps of the show air, then binge them. i do this with ftwd. twd all i watched from last yr was the first and last eps