The Walking Dead S9

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Rick has had a daughter for several seasons. She was born in the prison the same episode Lori died in.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Right . I forgot . Goes to show that I don't care about this show or paid attention lol .
I am amazed they moved the story ahead enough to have her grow up . Obviously she will have super beyond powerful zombie killing skills . Best zombie killer ever !
;)

Right . I forgot . Goes to show that I don't care about this show or paid attention lol .
I am amazed they moved the story ahead enough to have her grow up . Obviously she will have super beyond powerful zombie killing skills . Best zombie killer ever !
;)

It's only a matter of time before they get to the "human/zombie hybrid fast-growing child with magic powers" cliche'. Be patient my friend, be patient. ;)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
It's only a matter of time before they get to the "human/zombie hybrid fast-growing child with magic powers" cliche'. Be patient my friend, be patient. ;)
But that would be plagiarism of ZNation lol which is bloody awesome zombie entertainment as it does not take itself seriously ...
;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually Judith was watchable. She has no special powers and is 100% human. The issues were in other places.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And last week makes two episodes that were actually watchable. It really feels like getting Rick and now Maggie out of there is letting the rest of the cast and setting breathe some.

And last week makes two episodes that were actually watchable. It really feels like getting Rick and now Maggie out of there is letting the rest of the cast and setting breathe some.

I heard Daryl is still unwashed and gnarly looking. Isn't he supposed to be Rick's replacement so to speak? But instead of grooming himself and stepping into the leader role he's still playing the sweaty taciturn hobo. At least that's how I hear it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It looks like they decided not to do that with Daryl. Instead of Rick leading it all there is a council running Alexandria and the same idea with the Hilltop while Carol and Ezekiel run the Kingdom.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes. And as we noted upthread especially with the time jumps for there still to be herds is ridiculous. At least they are showing that the communities now have better countermeasures.

I wouldn’t call it good. But strangely minus Rick it improved.

Meyers82

GateFans Noob
Absolutely have no idea what's going on with this tv series anymore. I stopped near the end of season 2, I think or the first few episodes of season 3 last year. Aren't they basing The Walking Dead on a comic book series or something?

Is season 9 the last season?

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
And are there still masses of zombies at this point?

Yes. They are prolonging the decomposition of the zombies in much the same manner as a daytime soap stretches out a lead character's pregnancy for 2 years and soaps run almost in real time all year long.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just giving my observation. The show with Rick was pretty unwatchable - without him it is still not good but it is borderline watchable simply because without Lord Rick sucking all the air out of the room while he usually makes the wrong decision and Queen Maggie of Histrionics on walkabout the other characters are getting some room to operate and the setting likewise has more room to work in.

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
Just giving my observation. The show with Rick was pretty unwatchable - without him it is still not good but it is borderline watchable simply because without Lord Rick sucking all the air out of the room while he usually makes the wrong decision and Queen Maggie of Histrionics on walkabout the other characters are getting some room to operate and the setting likewise has more room to work in.

Allow me to elaborate on my point regarding Rick. If you have feces from 6 different mammal species in a bowl of pasta and remove the fecal matter of just one of those species you still would not eat that pasta nor does it become marginally better or "borderline" edible by any stretch of the imagination. All we've done is remove one type of stink from the mix and smudged the rest around a little more in the process.

Last edited:
Allow me to elaborate on my point regarding Rick. If you have feces from 6 different mammal species in a bowl of pasta and remove the fecal matter of just one of those species you still would not eat that pasta nor does it become marginally better or "borderline" edible by any stretch of the imagination. All we've done is remove one type of stink from the mix.

Yes but if one is on a Keto diet and doesn't eat pasta (turd laden or otherwise) then your point is moot, is it not?

Additionally, since Rick Grimes supposedly "evolved" over the course of the show which type of feces would he be in the dish you describe? (*A handy reference chart has been included for your convenience.)

roflbot (9).jpg

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
Yes but if one is on a Keto diet and doesn't eat pasta (turd laden or otherwise) then your point is moot, is it not?

Additionally, since Rick Grimes supposedly "evolved" over the course of the show which type of feces would he be in the dish you describe? (*A handy reference chart has been included for your convenience.)

You're missing the key to your enigma, which is that these are all different types of fecal matter. Feces are feces in any form. If you were offered a choice of cow turd or horse turd as a main course, would you even choose?

You're missing the key to your enigma, which is that these are all different types of fecal matter. Feces are feces in any form. If you were offered a choice of cow turd or horse turd as a main course, would you even choose?

That depends, which one of them is grass fed? It's the healthier option. ;)

Of course I understand your point and am not contesting it. Removing the turd (Rick Grimes) from the punch bowl (TWD) still leaves the punch fouled and undrinkable. I personally don't see the writing on this show improving to the point that it becomes watchable again. It's just not possible at this point.

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
That depends, which one of them is grass fed? It's the healthier option. ;)

Of course I understand your point and am not contesting it. Removing the turd (Rick Grimes) from the punch bowl (TWD) still leaves the punch fouled and undrinkable. I personally don't see the writing on this show improving to the point that it becomes watchable again. It's just not possible at this point.

It died after the first season. In fact, the first season was the only watchable one given the budget and the director.