the walking dead s8.2

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
"I promise sky guy, I will go back to church if you make this the last season of TWD!"

I am just not into it, even for "completion" reasons

i might watch the last episode...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
"I promise sky guy, I will go back to church if you make this the last season of TWD!"

I am just not into it, even for "completion" reasons

i might watch the last episode...

How can there still be hordes of zombies and no organized cleanup force after EIGHT YEARS? :facepalm:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
if they did have a plot-like next season, where there is an organized and 'civilized' form of governance and organization that does the clean up and restoration, the nit would get me to watch it again

and this may be. supposedly next season will focus on such a group of people from further north. but watch them make them be bad guys too. cause, dont you know, only Rick can save humanity

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well if they are following the comic and also if they finish up with Negan to end this season, then the next step is the show time jumps two years into the future. There we see the communities (Alexandria, Hilltop, The Kingdom and Sanctuary) all prosperous, in an alliance and working to clear out the walkers in their area.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well if they are following the comic and also if they finish up with Negan to end this season, then the next step is the show time jumps two years into the future. There we see the communities (Alexandria, Hilltop, The Kingdom and Sanctuary) all prosperous, in an alliance and working to clear out the walkers in their area.

any idea who the community/organization 'from the north' who dress their security ppl in white are?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think that is the latest storyline in the comics.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

That is good news. But I am still not understanding how there can still be so many walkers after 8 years. I know, because...milking.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The 8 years of the show represents about 1.5 years of real time.

Are you sure it's not more than that? Remember, Lori got pregnant shortly before the collapse. So let's say she gave birth 7 - 8 months later. That's at least half a year right there give or take. And when I stopped watching the show I could have sworn the kid was at least 2 years old if not a little more. And I think they did a few time jumps in the story but I don't really desire to go back and rewatch it all just to prove my point.

Apologies for trying to nitpick but the way this show handles biology is one of my pet peeves. There's no such thing as a virus that's prevents cellular decay, which is the one theory that they tossed out in regards to explaining why all the zeds haven't rotted away in the hot Georgia sun.

I need to stop here because I'm on the verge of a tangent about human biology, chemistry, physics and the like. Suffice to say it's impossible for me to suspend my disbelief any longer with this show. The science is simply impossible to get past. In the clip they show corpses rising from a fetid swamp of muck. That would be impossible as they would be so rotted away and decomposed that they would barely be bones at that point. :facepalm:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Are you sure it's not more than that? Remember, Lori got pregnant shortly before the collapse. So let's say she gave birth 7 - 8 months later. That's at least half a year right there give or take. And when I stopped watching the show I could have sworn the kid was at least 2 years old if not a little more. And I think they did a few time jumps in the story but I don't really desire to go back and rewatch it all just to prove my point.

Apologies for trying to nitpick but the way this show handles biology is one of my pet peeves. There's no such thing as a virus that's prevents cellular decay, which is the one theory that they tossed out in regards to explaining why all the zeds haven't rotted away in the hot Georgia sun.

I need to stop here because I'm on the verge of a tangent about human biology, chemistry, physics and the like. Suffice to say it's impossible for me to suspend my disbelief any longer with this show. The science is simply impossible to get past. In the clip they show corpses rising from a fetid swamp of muck. That would be impossible as they would be so rotted away and decomposed that they would barely be bones at that point. :facepalm:

Precisely. And the bolded is why I am having such a hard time with shows like this and Star Trek Discovery. The Walking Dead should have been a 5-year saga IN REAL TIME.

Okay, but that makes it even more imperative for me to avoid watching this show. I am supposed to tune in to an action soap show being run in slow motion? Seems to me that if the zombies have lasted 5 years and most of the characters in the show have not, perhaps the earth in that show SHOULD be overrun by zombies. They seem to be better adapted to that environment.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
We actually spoke on this in earlier threads; by all logic the vast majority of the walkers by now should be decayed to the point where they cannot move.

We actually spoke on this in earlier threads; by all logic the vast majority of the walkers by now should be decayed to the point where they cannot move.

Exactly. As a viewer of such material I understand it's my job to suspend my disbelief but there comes a point where my credulity can no longer be insulted by cartoonish writing.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

in the last couple eps i skimmed through, it seems that if you see a walker at all, they are merely background props and little else.

when you see one, it is more comical then scary. BUT I GUARANTEE YOU there are a hell of a lot of fans out there just squeeing away with phony fear and 'tweet it first' reactions whenever they see a walker

there are even articles in fandom where ppl have written backstories for some of the walkers :smiley-laughing021:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
in the last couple eps i skimmed through, it seems that if you see a walker at all, they are merely background props and little else.

when you see one, it is more comical then scary. BUT I GUARANTEE YOU there are a hell of a lot of fans out there just squeeing away with phony fear and 'tweet it first' reactions whenever they see a walker

there are even articles in fandom where ppl have written backstories for some of the walkers :smiley-laughing021:

Whaaaaa?

walker_acct.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
:) i was looking for that, found this

is there any more evidence needed for the proof that america is sunk? :(

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...efore-he-could-change-into-a-zombie-20152710/

We need a "shocking" rating.

From that article:

According to the Grants Police Department in Albuquerque, N.M., Damon Perry, 23, began to beat his friend to death while they were both drunk on Thursday, Oct. 22. Police were called to the scene when onlookers saw Perry threatening people with a knife around his apartment complex.

The victim, Christopher Paquinn, was pronounced dead at age 23 on the scene. Perry allegedly hit him with a microwave and electric guitar, and kicked him repeatedly.

Perry was arrested and later claimed to police that Paquinn began to "change into a zombie" and tried to bite him. He's currently being held at the Cibola County Detention Center and being charged with an open count of murder.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Might be interesting to know the ratings have imploded.

At the end of last season they were pulling 11.3 million which itself was down 5 million. Now they are at 6.6 million.