the walking dead s8.2

I heard they killed off Coral finally. And I guess it was a drawn out, melodramatic, soapy ending for him. I read comments from dedicated fans of the show who found it annoying. People are finally asking why nothing is happening in the show yet the episodes are longer in duration than one hour. They're even waking up to the fact that Rick is a total idiot. Better late than never I guess.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
hey're even waking up to the fact that Rick is a total idiot

from almost he first time i saw Negan last season, or before?...I have always though that his character is the least insane and the most capable

their story just begs for anyone thinking about it, to spt Negan and his group

who went on the offensive first? sick Rick and his funky demented bunch of itinerant murderers and chaos spreaders

it is only on the emotional side of things do millions of Rick fan bois and gurlz, get 'convinced' he and his merry band are the post apocalyptic SJW's and "heroes"

they are not, they are the harbingers of death..see the Grimes Gang coming and you should run...RUN RUN AWAY!!!

but then, that was all when I still had some care for the show. now it is just a train wreck whose wreckage I want to see the bodies pulled from and that is it--I am keeping my 'completion' disease in check :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
In 8 years, has nobody found any sort of vaccination to prevent people from turning into zombies, or to fight a zombie bite? Nowhere on earth? How much of this show is still based on books or comics? I don't follow it.

In 8 years, has nobody found any sort of vaccination to prevent people from turning into zombies, or to fight a zombie bite? Nowhere on earth? How much of this show is still based on books or comics? I don't follow it.

It's not worth it to even ask such questions. Soap operas aren't known for exploring scientific aspects of things.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Nowhere on earth?

they HAVE NOT REALLY covered that

some just go with the say of one character-- the CDC guy from s1 who said something like "its everywhere EVEN France"

oh ok... in any worldwide outbreak of anything, ever, there has always been pockets not affected or millions of immune ppl. always. every plague in history

IMO, to get ppl like me, or any sci fi fan-allowing for the necessary dramatic trips into fantasy-o get interest back in the show they need to have a new group or a rump US govt introduced that is on this aspect-world wide affect/ cures/ rebuild, etc

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
apparently the S8 finale is going to be a soft series finale- "1.0" type of deal

heard on the radio where it was said by TPTBs that this ep will "sum up all 8 seasons so far and leave S9 for a tye of 'fresh' start"

Whatever. it will only be interesting-S9- if some of the things we have be discussing are incorporated:
1- the "death" of walkers. they just cant keep keeping on

2-some kind of effort at a rebuilding of society led by some competent and civilized group with a government

3-attempts at a cure for those still alive. show some efforts being made at working on getting the 'walker virus' out of people

4-got to have the Grime's gang become a part of something bigger; Rick and company are nothing but a mobile angel of death gang terrorizing the landscape

think about it--they are. shooting first, hesitant to add ppl to their group hence turning down the chance of building a society of any type-
versus Negan and the saviors who, even in their violence are far less violent ion totality then the grimes gang is. Negan's violence is limited and has a purpose, Ricks is just his being pissed and acting out

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/937237-walking-dead-season-8-finale-will-wrap-8-seasons

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They are referring to the 2 year time jump that the comics did at this point and we noted in other threads. It jumps forward and shows Alexandria prosperous, allied with other communities and clearing out the walkers in their area.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
If you watched the finale it basically needed a laugh track...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm not watching this show anymore and didn't realize it was the season finale. I've already heard a lot of bitching about how poorly done the "war" with the Saviors was. Honestly though it's kind of hard to feel sorry for the fans who are just now starting to get disillusioned with this show. Why anyone would put themselves through 8 seasons of lameness before opening their eyes is beyond me.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Over the last roughly season and a half they have lost half their viewers. So when the breaking point happened it HAPPENED.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm not watching this show anymore and didn't realize it was the season finale. I've already heard a lot of bitching about how poorly done the "war" with the Saviors was. Honestly though it's kind of hard to feel sorry for the fans who are just now starting to get disillusioned with this show. Why anyone would put themselves through 8 seasons of lameness before opening their eyes is beyond me.

Maybe, the people in Rick's posse and the general area they are in was PURPOSELY left for dead, and the rest of the world is already cured and moving on? You know, like a giant corral for walkers. When pockets of new walkers are found, they just dump them in this area where the series takes place? What else would explain all the walkers they see and kill? Rural areas have populations measured in the less-than-10,000 range usually. Maybe the surviving population WANTS all these people to be eaten by walkers? :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just saw they had the season premiere of FTWD on right after the season finale of TWD. There's been nothing but crickets chirping in regards to FTWD as far as I'm concerned. In fact every time I hear that this show is still on the air I'm surprised. It's highly forgettable in my estimation.

Wait...it's still on???? I thought it was a goner after the awful Season 2. I can't even imagine where they are in their story by now!

Wait...it's still on???? I thought it was a goner after the awful Season 2. I can't even imagine where they are in their story by now!

All I remember is that there is an unlikable female lead (Maddy?) and a dirty drug addict "hero" son. They couldn't have written a more unappealing cast of characters if they tried.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I just saw they had the season premiere of FTWD on right after the season finale of TWD. There's been nothing but crickets chirping in regards to FTWD as far as I'm concerned. In fact every time I hear that this show is still on the air I'm surprised. It's highly forgettable in my estimation.

i only watched- on YT, the beginning of FTWD 4.1 and the ending scene

they have made a very large time jump and, guessing a big geographically move as well

the addition of Morgan to the show and having the two whiny sibling become 'bushwackers' of some sort is a clear attempt to restart the show and give it a far stronger connection to TWD.

I just cant believe that either show is still getting the viewers that they are-however reduced- it is still a good number

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I also gathered they have essentially rebooted FTWD.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
a note--good to see someone finally got smart and is travelling in a apocalypse appropriate vehicle :)

They are referring to the 2 year time jump that the comics did at this point and we noted in other threads. It jumps forward and shows Alexandria prosperous, allied with other communities and clearing out the walkers in their area.

The rumor is that season 9 will be Maggie vs. Rick in an internecine war of sorts. You can already smell the boring melodrama in the air. :rolleye0014:

It's funny, every site I read with commentary on this show is rife with viewers jumping ship. Literally every site. At the same time the production company has put in for permits to expand the Alexandria set to include a windmill. Yeah, that's what this show is missing, a windmill.:rolleye0014: