The Last Ship Season 4

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
well what the hell-exactly-do yo guys want in a sci fi show? to make something draw viewers, writers have to push some boundaries of reality (hence "fiction"). Blowing up the things that are possible yet however improbable.

if this, or any other show stuck to the hard facts of science, naval life, military protocol or any thing else resembling 'acceptable everyday realities', just how many people do you think would watch it?

not many, and it would be on the SCIENCE channel

------------------------------------------------------------------
and what was so hard to follow about LOST? :)

geez, give it a rest already, either you liked a 'dead' show or you didn't. that dead horse is long buried

giphy.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So, is this show still on? Have they brought in the aliens or the special Telekenisis Girl yet?

lexiblow2.gif

So, is this show still on? Have they brought in the aliens or the special Telekenisis Girl yet?

View attachment 33850

A crew member has to get pregnant first, then give birth in record time, then the baby needs to grow up overnight. So basically they just need two episodes to establish 'Magic-alien-girl' as a cast member.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
No aliens, no special tk girl or any other such stuff. Upthread I had noted that the show has managed its longevity by effectively reinventing itself each season. Season 4 was more like '24' or 'Jeremiah' than anything else.

It is still on and Season 5 airs in the summertime.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
'Jeremiah'

JEREMIAH makes so much of today's newest stuff look like total steaming slag

and JEREMIAH was just good. I'd die for a JEREMIAH quality show today. the only thing close in that area of the genre is THE 100.

standards and expectations of the viewing audience for sci fi / future fi ,etc nave been lowered so far down in the last 20yrs

how much longer till ppl stop settling for crap?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

and JEREMIAH was just good. I'd die for a JEREMIAH quality show today. the only thing close in that area of the genre is THE 100.

standards and expectations of the viewing audience for sci fi / future fi ,etc nave been lowered so far down in the last 20yrs

Yeah, the 100 is AWESOME. :) . Seriously, I am surprised that this show The Last Ship is still on. I haven't been watching it, so I have no opinion on it at the moment. I jumped ship a while back.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Jeremiah...so that's a good show? I haven't seen it. Will I love it as much as the 100?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I rate Jeremiah higher than The 100 because it managed not to get excessively soapy and the story was a type I like - recovering from an apocalypse. It's more about the rebuilding and recovery than the usual "Romero" stuff that puts you in the apocalypse itself.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm not sure of a show similar to Jeremiah. There is a small resemblance to a TOS episode but beyond that I asm unsure.