THE 100 Season 5

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ok..you think s6 could be good!

did you see enough of s5, and the -i'll admit POOR exposure of these facts-- info given on this new planet and the very good chance that there are already people there?

I am thinking they will return to the theme of outsiders arriving on a planet not their own. as the original 100 did.

the fact that all or most of these ppl--after over 200 yrs of being there-- are nightbloods i am guessing may have something to do with the plot as well

i dont think we saw Madi be implanted with the flame for no reason. there was just too much drama to have only have it to think up a battle plan.

is it possible that Becca sold some type of ALIE like AI to Eligius? I mean, an AI would come in handy when colonizing a new planet to exploit it for its minerals. also, the crew of that ship were NOT criminals

what might they have made there after 2 centuries?

if it is something good, then i am sure Clarke will have a hand in fuc7ing it up :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
why are you so upset about the way they chose to depict their show's development?

i really think if you watched it and didn't FF so much you would of had more answers

like one very basic one: you asked "why do we see CLarke and only Clarke digging out..."

who else would we see? Madi didn't need to be shown,,she is like 6 yrs old. her struggle in the valley for 42 days was nothing like clarke's

They could have condensed Clarke's struggle into about 10 minutes, and expanded the growth of Madi, since she was going to become Heda anyway. All that damned desert was depressing, and we did not have to SEE her eating the bugs off the grill and windshield. They could have started with dialogue on the Ring with the others.

these were the only (that we know of..and know it does not matter any way) 2 ppl on the surface of the planet as they were both nightbloods and had the ability to resist the radiation levels
so, who else were we supposed to see "digging out"? just 40 days after the burn?

clarke did try to dig out the bunker entrance..did you see that part?

Yes, I saw everything. Like I said, I was fast forwarding in 10 second intervals.

the time jump was needed, i suppose, to allow more time for rad levels to drop, and to facilitate the travel time of the eligius ship to get to earth-an Earth, they thought was still as they left it.

just dont watch it, click the button :) :)

Okay, but they came out fighting too. Everybody fighting, shooting, enemies of each other. That is NOT human nature. And it isn't fun or entertaining to watch. I see that they call this season "The Dark Year". GREAT NAME! It totally fits. But the season was a downer for me. I watched (with fast forwarding) all of the episodes.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
never said it was..please stop putting words into my type :(

i am very fragile :)

Okay, I'll concede that. :)

death is death, war is war, murder is murder--purpose,senseless whatever, there are no 'degrees' of better or worse

Yes there is. There are definitely degrees. Murder 1, Murder 2, Manslaughter, Homicide, etc. A murder of passion for a cheating spouse is much less heinous than a murder for fun, then dismemberment and making a mobile out of the parts. In the case of this show, Octavia slaughtered no less than 8 of her own clan to prove a point. And all the damned shooting and killing as though everyone was an enemy is tribalism and xenophobia. Not at all human nature. We are actively eliminating those behaviors even in 2018. How did they survive to whatever time frame the show is in?

it is easy to say that "death has purpose" if one has not seen it in all its senselessness

that said though, the deaths in this season are not meaningless, they all have a plot purpose/reason. desperation for control of what they believe to be the last fertile place on earth is the motivator

I disagree, but I have already said why. :) There was too much of it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Okay, but they came out fighting too. Everybody fighting, shooting, enemies of each other. That is NOT human nature.

Clarke is a maniacal killer

she just has to shoot first, break shit first and offend everyone first. i blame her mom
:)
-------------------------------------------------
I know what you mean. i get it, lots of violence and i agree, many people in a situation like this probably would want peace. But remember who the grounders are descended from and how those ancestors influenced whatever knowledge, education and socialization processes that developed over the years

they were Second Dawn, 'top contributor (as in full on fanatic)' rung

kind of like if a David Koresh - like Waco cult group were to survive a nuke apocalypse and then grow in population to a Grounder sized people. Could you imagine just how skewed that society would be? or a Jim Jones people's temple type one?

those were the only ones who got into the bunker either before or right after ALIE's nuke attacks. and the top tier contributors were said (by Jaha who researched them) to be basically, who we would call members of the top 1% of the rich and famous, celebrities, sports figures, businessmen all corrupted and crazed by religious fanaticism

Octavia bought into this culture of death--albeit she didnt know about 2nd dawn--as it existed in the shows time. She used their beliefs of how to control ppl probably more efficiently then tey ever did. she is not a commander, so no Flame in her head, so no Becca Pramheda "taming" her actions...she just acting in the way the Grounder society plus her upbringing (her existence got her mother floated) plus the only person she loved being executed all added to her behavior

even without her, there is no way people who have been born and raised in the grounder culture of death-founded by a death cult- were ever going to NOT turn to violence to solve their problems

then the Eligius miners--all of them convicted murderers except for Diyoza whose crime was treason

-------------------------------------
on 2nd dawn, just how is it they knew of ALIE's attack in enough time to get everyone from everywhere--because i am sure that not all members of the top tier of the cult were living in Baltimore at the time-- to the bunker and sealed?

Di they know of ALIE or possibly hacked into ALIE to cause her "Solution"? Because her solution (too many people) would fit in to their ideology.

that doesn't matter now though, unless-- there are members of 2nd dawn on that Elgius expedition to the new planet

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Clarke is a maniacal killer

she just has to shoot first, break shit first and offend everyone first. i blame her mom
:)
-------------------------------------------------
I know what you mean. i get it, lots of violence and i agree, many people in a situation like this probably would want peace. But remember who the grounders are descended from and how those ancestors influenced whatever knowledge, education and socialization processes that developed over the years

they were Second Dawn, 'top contributor (as in full on fanatic)' rung

kind of like if a David Koresh - like Waco cult group were to survive a nuke apocalypse and then grow in population to a Grounder sized people. Could you imagine just how skewed that society would be? or a Jim Jones people's temple type one?

those were the only ones who got into the bunker either before or right after ALIE's nuke attacks. and the top tier contributors were said (by Jaha who researched them) to be basically, who we would call members of the top 1% of the rich and famous, celebrities, sports figures, businessmen all corrupted and crazed by religious fanaticism

Octavia bought into this culture of death--albeit she didnt know about 2nd dawn--as it existed in the shows time. She used their beliefs of how to control ppl probably more efficiently then tey ever did. she is not a commander, so no Flame in her head, so no Becca Pramheda "taming" her actions...she just acting in the way the Grounder society plus her upbringing (her existence got her mother floated) plus the only person she loved being executed all added to her behavior

even without her, there is no way people who have been born and raised in the grounder culture of death-founded by a death cult- were ever going to NOT turn to violence to solve their problems

then the Eligius miners--all of them convicted murderers except for Diyoza whose crime was treason

-------------------------------------
on 2nd dawn, just how is it they knew of ALIE's attack in enough time to get everyone from everywhere--because i am sure that not all members of the top tier of the cult were living in Baltimore at the time-- to the bunker and sealed?

Di they know of ALIE or possibly hacked into ALIE to cause her "Solution"? Because her solution (too many people) would fit in to their ideology.

that doesn't matter now though, unless-- there are members of 2nd dawn on that Elgius expedition to the new planet

The whole dynamic has to change in this show or it will become boring. There is NO reason at all for any of these tribes to continue with their fighting on the new planet. Earth is destroyed. This would normally unite Humanity, not cause it to fracture. They have a second chance to create a paradise. If they start up again with the fighting and tribalism, I'm out. Not the kind of show I need right now. I am hopeful!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The whole dynamic has to change in this show or it will become boring. There is NO reason at all for any of these tribes to continue with their fighting on the new planet. Earth is destroyed. This would normally unite Humanity, not cause it to fracture. They have a second chance to create a paradise. If they start up again with the fighting and tribalism, I'm out. Not the kind of show I need right now. I am hopeful!

yeah..we just keep going past each other here :)

on the survivors not coming together --well, they are now---

again, in our reality, if a doomsday cult were the only ones to survive, do you really think they would abandon their beliefs and go to a 'everything is peachy' point of view?

i don't. 2nd dawn was a cult of death and destruction, they wanted a cleansing so that their kind would survive only.

the 'tribes/grounders' were all descended from these ppl, and while a belief system is not genetic, it is surely what they were taught through the generations. the grounders still used 2nd dawn beliefs and phrases, symbolism..they are a continuation of that death culture

it was only the flame in a commander and Becca's influence through it that they were as civilized as they were

but like you say,, see what the new season brings!! THIS is what I wanted to talk about why I was asking if you had watched the season yet.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Don't forget the line from Jasper's suicide letter: "The light at the end of the tunnel is actually another war."

So expect more death and grief as the ship might be holding 400 survivors.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yeah..we just keep going past each other here :)

on the survivors not coming together --well, they are now---

again, in our reality, if a doomsday cult were the only ones to survive, do you really think they would abandon their beliefs and go to a 'everything is peachy' point of view?

i don't. 2nd dawn was a cult of death and destruction, they wanted a cleansing so that their kind would survive only.

the 'tribes/grounders' were all descended from these ppl, and while a belief system is not genetic, it is surely what they were taught through the generations. the grounders still used 2nd dawn beliefs and phrases, symbolism..they are a continuation of that death culture

it was only the flame in a commander and Becca's influence through it that they were as civilized as they were

but like you say,, see what the new season brings!! THIS is what I wanted to talk about why I was asking if you had watched the season yet.
Meh, since this is a TV show, it had better make a hell of a great effort to keep an audience interested in watching the show. I do not understand why anyone would find the depressing infighting and senseless tribal violence to be entertainment. Didn't we learn in so many other shows (now all canceled) that when EVERYONE in the show is bad/evil/violent, the audience is turned off and stops watching?

The premise now is that they are going to be populating a new planet far from earth. Hopefully, this new planet is unpopulated by humanoids. But since we know that this ship they are on has already been to the planet, chances are that those 400+ pods on the ship once carried 400 other people there already and they are living on the planet. That is a guess, but it makes sense.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
But since we know that this ship they are on has already been to the planet,

ok...are you sure you watched? :) :) :)

the ELIGIUS 3 went to the new planet

https://the100.wikia.com/wiki/Eligius_III

its crew were NOT prisoners, but scientists and miners/ and yes, they were exploring for oil--as in petroleum (???)

now that would be damned expensive to ship back to earth.

-----------------------------------
and, they were all modified to have nightblood so they could handle the additional radiation from the planet's two suns

no one knows if they survived arrival or anything as they arrived just days before ALIE's attack.

so there could be no one there, or there could be thousands or more of their descendants there

---------------------------------------

be interesting to see if the Becca Pramheda corp also sold any AI to them along with the nightblood.

why? well, in my view (Worth, of course, no more then a Penny :) ) I don't see why they would have a flashback of Becca's story in s5 or even have the Flame be re-installed in Madi unless they intend to have one of these, or both, issue be of some significance in S6

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I do not understand why anyone would find the depressing infighting and senseless tribal violence to be entertainment.

a means to an end,,or rather, to a furthering of the story

IDK, --and THIS IS ONLY a comparison to other shows that are violent as well--it seesmt hat violence/ person vs person combat stuff type is popular obn tv these days

TWD, into the badlands, preacher (the last 2 I do not watch--i have seen enough in the commercials to know i do not want to watch them) all seem to have a solid core of loyal viewers

again, I DO GET what you are saying. and if the grounders, were NOT descended from a death cult, and if the original 100 juvenile delinquents (remember being sent to the surface was a chance at reprieve for them as many were not that far from their execution dates )- from the ark-another culture of death and desperation of sorts- were not criminals then, yeah, we could of had a show that would have been different in tone

this is why, in TWD, i say at some damned point, survivors in that show are going to have to stop killing each other and get busy on rebuilding a lasting, sustainable civilization. BUT, it seems that viewership demands a continuation of the stupid violence, etc,etc