Tesla/Space x

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If that one thruster can hold up that vehicle, imagine several of them on a MUCH larger vehicle. Hovering spaceships...sounds like the 21st century to me!

just think how many upper class crusties they can squeeze in for a billion a pop and take them to a orbiting station--or a Moon resort?

Musk has said these tests on this ship are critical for the development of travel to the moon or mars for spacex

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I've not been in one. But I keep reading that Tesla is a best seller in the luxury segment, even for the model 3.

Interior of Tesla Model 3 (not an actual luxury car)

model3_2.PNG model3.PNG

Interior of Audi (luxury vehicle)

audi1.PNG audi1_2.PNG

Besides the design itself, the materials are not quite up to luxury levels. This is also true of the Model S (the larger sedan). Luxury buyers get the Tesla because of it being electric which might just be the biggest luxury of them all.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

admittedly, i dont watch live tv any longer so no "news". just want i get on the net by gong to news sites or on the radio with the bbc or npr

i have not heard anything on this or any recent tests by any of the private space companies

yes, part of it is the Trump/brexit mania, but you'd think they would find some time to get this in? especially BBC, they always seem to be very detailed and capture a lot of actual news

why? do they see this endeavor as just some rich men's folly?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I don't watch any news generally, so I have no idea of what is and is not being covered. I frequently see updates like this on my google news feed on my phone though. It knows I'm interested in Tesla and SpaceX and Elon Musk, so it hands the articles to me. Of course they're not all great, but I skip what I don't want. I posted this one because it sort of marks a milestone. But of course the ship is still to be tested and it will take a long time still before the first real flight. There is also a tendency for "hatred" towards Musk in the press. You'll often find "articles" putting him or his companies in a negative light, especially Tesla and the man himself. They are so obviously meant to slow down his success and popularity. There's a lot of people who have a vested interest in Tesla failing and I can't help but feel that these people will do anything to further their own cause and do the opposite for Elon and Tesla, including paying for disruptive articles.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't watch any news generally, so I have no idea of what is and is not being covered. I frequently see updates like this on my google news feed on my phone though. It knows I'm interested in Tesla and SpaceX and Elon Musk, so it hands the articles to me. Of course they're not all great, but I skip what I don't want. I posted this one because it sort of marks a milestone. But of course the ship is still to be tested and it will take a long time still before the first real flight. There is also a tendency for "hatred" towards Musk in the press. You'll often find "articles" putting him or his companies in a negative light, especially Tesla and the man himself. They are so obviously meant to slow down his success and popularity. There's a lot of people who have a vested interest in Tesla failing and I can't help but feel that these people will do anything to further their own cause and do the opposite for Elon and Tesla, including paying for disruptive articles.

Both Elon Musk and his company severely threaten Boeing and NorthrupGrumman. Only those two companies were ever engaged in providing aerospace services to NASA and the US Military, and they are legacy companies built from the acquisition of smaller companies to build rockets and space vehicles. But both companies quoted out their services at BILLIONS of dollars to produce, whereas SpaceX is creating new technologies and building working prototypes and actual vehicles which work better, have a shorter R&D cycle, and perform better than anything from Boeing or NorthupGrumman to date, and they are still in the hundreds of MILLIONS in their quotes. His team is more efficient and more forward thinking and is much much smaller than the hydra-like employee base of both those mega-corporations. They need to throw shade or be pushed out of the running. I say SpaceX will put us on Mars long before anyone else knows how to.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I say SpaceX will put us on Mars long before anyone else knows how to

att he rate they are going, i'd think they will be going to at the moon much sooner then anyone would guess

from what i can get to read, it seems the main things slowing up a mars op are people problems. like keeping ppl alive for the length of the trip and getting them landed on mars safely

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Interesting vehicle

i have seen more of those new tesla sedans in the area, i guess it was a matter of time before someone started getting them around here

now here is a vehicle, with a driving range and price that could get some attention around here and in other rural areas

a pick up truck

--the body alone would make it worth the comments you'd get! you know how many dings and dents i put into several trucks while out getting firewood? just barely graze a tree or rock and the body panel of standard trucks just cave

---and the auto adjust air suspension, nice. you can lower the profile for high speeds lower drag on a highway, and raise it for clearance in the woods or to carry a load as needed.

--- the ready torque (is that the right word?) that gives you immediate power from an electric motor, with this power and all wheel drive--another thing, so many standard pick ups are NOT all wheel drive, you can drive in 2wh or 4wh, but not all wheel--i see this thing nearly never getting held up in snow

--i have no need for it, but the built in ramp is a nice touch as well. i wonder how many other bells and whistles this thing has?
--and the price, it is ridiculous for what a new standard truck goes for! i have seen guys pay $60k for a new truck. $40 for even a base model of this is well worth it

now, if they would just get some on board, while operating charging panels on it.... :)

oh, and the glass issue demonstrated.. why not go with the transpo aluminum? apparently it can be done now, just very expensive. i mean if he really wants a unbreakable window, he should go with that

doesn't tesla make their tech available to any one who wants to use it? if so, i see a lot of these things on this truck being incorporated into standard pick ups.. like the body, air suspension and the built in ramp

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Interesting vehicle

i have seen more of those new tesla sedans in the area, i guess it was a matter of time before someone started getting them around here

now here is a vehicle, with a driving range and price that could get some attention around here and in other rural areas

a pick up truck

--the body alone would make it worth the comments you'd get! you know how many dings and dents i put into several trucks while out getting firewood? just barely graze a tree or rock and the body panel of standard trucks just cave

---and the auto adjust air suspension, nice. you can lower the profile for high speeds lower drag on a highway, and raise it for clearance in the woods or to carry a load as needed.

--- the ready torque (is that the right word?) that gives you immediate power from an electric motor, with this power and all wheel drive--another thing, so many standard pick ups are NOT all wheel drive, you can drive in 2wh or 4wh, but not all wheel--i see this thing nearly never getting held up in snow

--i have no need for it, but the built in ramp is a nice touch as well. i wonder how many other bells and whistles this thing has?
--and the price, it is ridiculous for what a new standard truck goes for! i have seen guys pay $60k for a new truck. $40 for even a base model of this is well worth it

now, if they would just get some on board, while operating charging panels on it.... :)

oh, and the glass issue demonstrated.. why not go with the transpo aluminum? apparently it can be done now, just very expensive. i mean if he really wants a unbreakable window, he should go with that

doesn't tesla make their tech available to any one who wants to use it? if so, i see a lot of these things on this truck being incorporated into standard pick ups.. like the body, air suspension and the built in ramp

I may actually buy this truck. The price is incredibly low, and the capacity of the truck is awesome. My only problem with it would be parking it on the street. The vehicle is massive.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
tesla's solar house roof

set to cost little more then a standard roof
tesla-solar-roof.jpg

https://truththeory.com/2019/11/23/...VBBW8IPLg7m8lc4ctG-A-6p-oriLVBKiNDxVIHAy9I6bs

This is a game-changer and I think all science-oriented people saw this coming decades ago. Things like this are what will lead us to that Star Trek future...an organic evolution into independent power generation, community shared power grids (having nothing to do with power companies), and for those with electric vehicles, free fuel. Add a composting waste reclamation system for that house, and it can go completely off grid.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and it can go completely off grid.

if local authorities allow it :(

got to remember, many local govt's -per their contracts with utilities REQUIRE you to be hooked up for certain things. you dont have to use it, but you have to be hooked up

around here, the well water is excellent, but many people have had their wells 'condemned' by local water authorities without testing, to force people to tap in to the new water and sewer pipes they have installed

its been taken to state court, locals who lost their wells were told they were right and wrong. they got reimbursed by court order for tap in fees (homeowner must pay to have line installed from road to house for water and sewer) but still are not allowed to use their wells

luckily we live in a part of the township where there are no plans for this :)

the city up the road (st mary's pa) has a contract for cable/internet with Zito media. as such, city residents cannot get their internet/cable from any other company like comcast. their only other option is satellite

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
if local authorities allow it :(

got to remember, many local govt's -per their contracts with utilities REQUIRE you to be hooked up for certain things. you dont have to use it, but you have to be hooked up

around here, the well water is excellent, but many people have had their wells 'condemned' by local water authorities without testing, to force people to tap in to the new water and sewer pipes they have installed

its been taken to state court, locals who lost their wells were told they were right and wrong. they got reimbursed by court order for tap in fees (homeowner must pay to have line installed from road to house for water and sewer) but still are not allowed to use their wells

luckily we live in a part of the township where there are no plans for this :)

the city up the road (st mary's pa) has a contract for cable/internet with Zito media. as such, city residents cannot get their internet/cable from any other company like comcast. their only other option is satellite

As long as charges cannot be forced upon off-grid houses, even if they must be connected, that is okay. I mentioned the word "organic" with regard to this independent power generation thing. That means that those forced hookup laws will naturally change and fall away once the tech is proven.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That means that those forced hookup laws will naturally change and fall away once the tech is proven.
hopefully, but if there is any money in it now for govt's to mandate hookups, it will not change. they will not want to lose the revenue

just like states will probably still require you to have a DL even if you own a driverless car

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Here's an interesting (or at least so I found) podcast with Elon Musk. It's over two hours long and this is just part 1. There is no part 2 yet as far as I'm aware. I subscribed to the channel to know when there will be.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Here's an interesting (or at least so I found) podcast with Elon Musk. It's over two hours long and this is just part 1. There is no part 2 yet as far as I'm aware. I subscribed to the channel to know when there will be.

there is no part 2 yet as Elon is a gift to humanity from the Earth Mother

until we prove we are deserving of Elon's 'part 2', we will just have to keep working hard at it and prove we are worthy

:) Namaste

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
there is no part 2 yet as Elon is a gift to humanity from the Earth Mother

until we prove we are deserving of Elon's 'part 2', we will just have to keep working hard at it and prove we are worthy

:) Namaste
Lol!

But actually, I believe the part 2 was already recorded. I watched the whole of part 1 and it ends suddenly in the middle of the whole thing. I guess it's just a matter of them (not Elon, the group of fans) to upload it, or perhaps it's already been uploaded but simply not published so far. Maybe they're just gathering views for this one before uploading the next. Whatever the reason, I don't think it'll be a long wait.