Tesla/Space x

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
It's unbelievable that there are assholes in this world, or in this case BITCHES, who intentionally damage other people's property for no reason. This bitch is just walking her kids to their car, breaks out her key, and then puts a serious scratch on some random person's Model 3 Tesla. With her kids right there even!

https://www-teslarati-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-keyed-sentry-mode-video/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-keyed-sentry-mode-video/

Wish my little Susuki had that option in also when both mirrors got smashed off .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
For me, the biggest promise from Tesla is a way for individuals to generate and use their own power. Not from a leased system, but from a wholly owned personal system which includes solar and other technologies to charge an independent power supply (from Tesla batteries). This would kill local power company bills and empower individuals. People could literally live off the grid.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Go for it! :P

If I ditch the auto driving option ($5000) it would come in even less. That is actually pretty reasonable as compared to a luxury sedan, but I don't know if you have been inside one of these. It is most definitely not a luxury vehicle. But it is whisper quiet and smooth accelerating, and 100% electric! I still don't trust the electric powertrain or electric infrastructure yet. But I can definitely afford one. Not a Model S though. :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
If I ditch the auto driving option ($5000) it would come in even less. That is actually pretty reasonable as compared to a luxury sedan, but I don't know if you have been inside one of these. It is most definitely not a luxury vehicle. But it is whisper quiet and smooth accelerating, and 100% electric! I still don't trust the electric powertrain or electric infrastructure yet. But I can definitely afford one. Not a Model S though. :)
I've not been in one. But I keep reading that Tesla is a best seller in the luxury segment, even for the model 3.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

This was actually a rather interesting thing to watch. The very first part about the hardware of the FSD-computer (FSD = Full Self Driving) wasn't particularly enlightening, but the part after that regarding the machine learning software was VERY interesting. Elon also gives some quite interesting commentary, later on. This is still ongoing right now, far as I can tell, I'm not sure whether I can finish it. Also, Robotaxi is quite an interesting topic.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I've not been in one. But I keep reading that Tesla is a best seller in the luxury segment, even for the model 3.

I has cred in the luxury crowd because it LOOKS like a luxury car from it's styling, which to me looks better than any Jaguar currently made (OMG they dropped the ball on Jag!). The inside, however is more in line with mid sized standard cars as far as materials, fit and finish. Not at luxury levels. If you get into a Model 3 after sitting in say...a 2016 Mustang or even a 2015 Camry, you will feel like you have dropped down a few notches. The screen-based controls are meh. But the car as a whole package is unique to Tesla which makes it stand out.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
looks like spacex's Starship Hopper (aka, the flying water tank) is doing pretty well in its testing

another successful flight test. Hopper is planned to be used as a type of proof of concept for larger ships

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
looks like spacex's Starship Hopper (aka, the flying water tank) is doing pretty well in its testing

another successful flight test. Hopper is planned to be used as a type of proof of concept for larger ships

If that one thruster can hold up that vehicle, imagine several of them on a MUCH larger vehicle. Hovering spaceships...sounds like the 21st century to me!