Terminator - Genisys Movie Teaser

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Ah, the abyss that are paradoxical debates. What if I went back and killed my own parents, how can I possibly exist to go back to kill my own parents? :icon_lol:

This is arguably worse Bluce, Your parents just disappear before you are even conceived. The second they got into their home made time machine all history should have flipped back to before the original film, with Judgment Day in 1997 and no John Connor to boot.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Skynet itself could have simply infected the world's computers as soon as the first global computer network was created by the banking system in 1985 or so. Or, when the internet first became the WWW. Or, a terminator could simply place bombs everywhere they knew Sarah would be and get her that way.

To take it further why would Skynet even have to mess with Sarah Connor when it could accomplish its aim of destroying all of mankind by simply launching a few neutron bombs? The people would be gone but the industrial infrastructure would remain. Or it could devise biological/chemical weapons that would clean house on humans but wouldn't affect the machinery at all. There are tons of things Skynet could do if it had the ability to travel back in time, none of which would need to involve Sarah Connor.

But this film goes beyond Sarah Connor and the terminator and Judgement Day by doing something utterly dumb and game-changing to John Connor. It ruins things in a big way.

I've heard the spoiler so I know what happens with JC and have to agree with you about it being lame.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm still trying to forgive the friends who took me....:psychosga:

I needed to know, because mentioning the John Connor thing was HUGE. Why they chose to do that is just beyond imagination. Totally and completely dumb. Beyond jumping the shark. And Sarah Connor, the actress they chose is too young looking to pull this off. She managed to channel a decent Sarah Connor a la Linda Hamilton, but she was not convincing IMO.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
At least T1 and T2 has a sort of consistency. T3 had illogical rubbish for a plot. Terminator Salvation was awful and this thing has made a royal mess of the entire timeline.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
To take it further why would Skynet even have to mess with Sarah Connor when it could accomplish its aim of destroying all of mankind by simply launching a few neutron bombs? The people would be gone but the industrial infrastructure would remain. Or it could devise biological/chemical weapons that would clean house on humans but wouldn't affect the machinery at all. There are tons of things Skynet could do if it had the ability to travel back in time, none of which would need to involve Sarah Connor.
The story was effectively ended with T2. The only reason we have a T3, T4 and now Genisys is because the new owners of the franchise need to keep it afloat in order to make money on it. Same with Jurassic Park

I've heard the spoiler so I know what happens with JC and have to agree with you about it being lame.

It's as bad as adding transwarp beaming into NuTrek. It changes the whole meaning of the thing.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
At least T1 and T2 has a sort of consistency. T3 had illogical rubbish for a plot. Terminator Salvation was awful and this thing has made a royal mess of the entire timeline.

Terminator Salvation was so far outside of the spirit of Terminator that I do not even count it as being part of the same story. Like the way I see Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes as not being part of that saga, or Connery's Never Say Never Again not really being a Bond film. Or, of course, SGU not being actual Stargate. :)

Terminator needed to be terminated at the end of T2. Or, T3 should have been about Judgement Day and sending back the first terminator to give it a backstory, and that would still have ended it.