Terminator - Genisys Movie Teaser

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't like the title to be honest - Why did they have to spell Genesis incorrectly?

I dont like the title either...and I dont like what I am seeing in that film. I see the cool liquid effects from Terminator 2 (the most successful one), and I see the time travel device for the first time. But how do they fix the lame events of Terminator 4? Bale will be in it wont he?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
The typo is there because they are trying to be hipster/trendy/edgy!

Does anyone know where the hell this movie fits in the timeline? Honestly, the latest was crap and I don't even know where this one fits in.

B

Backstep

I dont like the title either...and I dont like what I am seeing in that film. I see the cool liquid effects from Terminator 2 (the most successful one), and I see the time travel device for the first time. But how do they fix the lame events of Terminator 4? Bale will be in it wont he?

The easiest way to write off Marcus, it was a failed prototype, due to to much humanity left in the programing that can not be gotten rid of. To explain why the T-101 was the first go to model of realistic terminator.

B

Backstep

Is Terminator: Genisys a reboot? What are its connections to the previous films and the TV series??

There is no definitive answer to call Terminator: Genisys a reboot, It can be a reboot in the sense that it could create a new timeline that can re-write the events of all of the previous installments. But it can also be seen as a direct sequel due to Schwarzenegger's and James Cameron's involvement. This is due to the extensive time travel and re-canons from the time machine that Skynet created which has caused multiple timelines to appear in the Terminator Universe as oppose to a time reset. Such as The Sarah Connor Chronicles timeline rewriting the events of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines and Terminator Salvation or how the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day created a new timeline that postpones Judgment Day from 1997 to 2004 in the Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines timeline as examples. So comparing the Terminator series to other rebooted film franchises is unreasonable. In fact it was planned that Terminator: Salvation was to be the reboot for a new Terminator trilogy that never materialized. In terms of connections to the previous installments. It is possible that Schwarzenegger's T-101 may come from the world of Terminator: Salvation (Different from the The Sarah Connor Chronicles timeline) and is sent by (Christian Bale) John Connor thought the time machine to protect younger Sarah (Emilia Clarke) Which will create a new timeline for the new Terminator trilogy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340138/faq?ref_=tt_faq_3#.2.1.7

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They need to just stop. Seriously, just stop. :facepalm:

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Not too keen on it. I have made up my mind not to watch it. It just looks silly and boring to watch. The entire timeline is f***ed. Even the brief moment the T-1000 in robotic form is show (around 25 seconds) the form looks fake and poorly rendered. The ones from the first 2 movies actually look more realistic.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Not too keen on it. I have made up my mind not to watch it. It just looks silly and boring to watch. The entire timeline is f***ed. Even the brief moment the T-1000 in robotic form is show (around 25 seconds) the form looks fake and poorly rendered. The ones from the first 2 movies actually look more realistic.

Im with you bro...

I felt that way when I first saw the Robocop reboot trailer, but I watched it anyway. I wish I hadnt. This one ruined it just by what I saw in the trailers so far. Not gonna waste a dime on it, but I will see it nonetheless...:)

:piratebay:

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Why do we have to keep going back in time! Why can't we just have a movie or even a series of movies that shows us the consequences of the past being played out in the future war. Is that too much too ask? I mean seriously, the Kyle Reese flash backs or even the introduction of T2 still look far more convincing in effects and far superior in the action sequences than this movie is currently showing off. It is making the same mistake time and time again, it is bringing nothing new to the table of this franchise and only reusing old catch phrases in the vain hope to recreate nostalgia.

Just show us, the fucking war against Skynet, that is what we want to see, none of this, we must go to the past to change the future so we can go back into the past again to change the alternate future so we can have alternate alternate futures where the past is constantly being invaded.

Just stop it, we know judgement day is coming, Skynet is inevitable in this universe, so instead we get this 'oh we must make sure this doesn't happen, but wait we have created a new means of skynet being developed so we must go back into past again to change this outcome but oh no we have now created another means of which skynet comes around.................'

Also Emilia Clarke? I'm sorry but she looks like a child here, she doesn't scream bad ass like Linda Hamilton.

800px-T2JDColtCommando-2.jpg

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Why do we have to keep going back in time! Why can't we just have a movie or even a series of movies that shows us the consequences of the past being played out in the future war. Is that too much too ask?

Terminator 4. It bombed so bad they decided to abandon the premise.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

It was AWFUL. I mean the worst of the worst. The dumb scene where he was strapped to that restraint and whining because you could see through his chest was just laughably bad.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Wasn't that the one that ends with them not changing the future which basically means that all the previous movies were pointless?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wasn't that the one that ends with them not changing the future which basically means that all the previous movies were pointless?

:icon_rotflmao: Yep. that's the one! :anim_59:

It was such a loser in the series. It was pure formulaic garbage. And the dumb drama was just :facepalm:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The Genesys trailer looks stupid to me. They should just let the series rest in peace.

As to when it flew off the rails, that to me was actually Terminator 3. Whether the producers liked it or not the series timeline was completely and conclusively wrapped up in Terminator 2. As a result, when they tried to revive it in Terminator 3 the explanations were not only contrived but illogical to boot. Remember that (for example) Terminator 2 occurs before Skynet has been created. All of the notes are destroyed as is the lab. The creator is dead. All of the terminator parts are forever gone. So there is no way for Skynet to exist in Terminator 3 as the causal elements for it are all gone. And their cyberspace explanation is both silly and does not address the development of Skynet when everything that inspired it is gone.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The Genesys trailer looks stupid to me. They should just let the series rest in peace.

As to when it flew off the rails, that to me was actually Terminator 3. Whether the producers liked it or not the series timeline was completely and conclusively wrapped up in Terminator 2. As a result, when they tried to revive it in Terminator 3 the explanations were not only contrived but illogical to boot. Remember that (for example) Terminator 2 occurs before Skynet has been created. All of the notes are destroyed as is the lab. The creator is dead. All of the terminator parts are forever gone. So there is no way for Skynet to exist in Terminator 3 as the causal elements for it are all gone. And their cyberspace explanation is both silly and does not address the development of Skynet when everything that inspired it is gone.

The ONLY good part of Terminator 3 was the actual showing of the moment Skynet started the war between man and machine. They could have (and should have) done Terminator 3 without a pursuing terminator, concentrating instead on Skynet and it's organizing the machines (or at least the machines manufacturing them). Bits and pieces of the story of Terminator 3 could have led smoothly into the all-out war which was to follow. Terminator 4 ruined everything by not resolving the previous threads left open in the first two movies, as well as casting all the wrong actors and telling the wrong story.

I am convinced that the only way to save Terminator is to reboot it from the beginning. Like they did for Planet of the Apes.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The showing of the war was ok, but the utter lack of a plausible explanation of how Skynet could even exist after T2 sinks everything.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

That was 3. Terminator 4 Salvation was the one with Christian Bale as John Connor and takes place around the time when he becomes the resistance leader.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That was 3. Terminator 4 Salvation was the one with Christian Bale as John Connor and takes place around the time when he becomes the resistance leader.

It was terrible.