SyFy Forums going dark on January 1st

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Im giving shaved a big fat hug for cheering for GateFans over at skiffy. :) We can get those people over here easily as soon as they realize that this place is not censored like that forum and it has way more features and is just plain more fun. :)....hence, the thread cleanup. We cant have people thinking we are a political site or allow racism.

I am thinking of creating a special private forum for the OG GateFans members to hang out, and put all of our...um...more "animated" threads in there. The rest of the forums can be free range for visitors. Anybody else got ideas? Suggestions?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Im giving shaved a big fat hug for cheering for GateFans over at skiffy. :) We can get those people over here easily as soon as they realize that this place is not censored like that forum and it has way more features and is just plain more fun. :)....hence, the thread cleanup. We cant have people thinking we are a political site or allow racism.

I am thinking of creating a special private forum for the OG GateFans members to hang out, and put all of our...um...more "animated" threads in there. The rest of the forums can be free range for visitors. Anybody else got ideas? Suggestions?

Truth.gif

:lol:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
So, Syfy is running a CSI marathon tonight. Is it just me or do they really have an identity crisis? Who the f'k is running programming over there and why has he not been beaten into a coma with his flat-screen monitor?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So, Syfy is running a CSI marathon tonight. Is it just me or do they really have an identity crisis? Who the f'k is running programming over there and why has he not been beaten into a coma with his flat-screen monitor?
A flat screen is too Scifi?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
A flat screen is too Scifi?

It's got to be modern. If they had vacuum tube monitors, that would merit a massacre. I'd be slamming one over the head of every executive up the ladder if that was the case.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It's got to be modern. If they had vacuum tube monitors, that would merit a massacre. I'd be slamming one over the head of every executive up the ladder if that was the case.
You say that like it is a bad thing.................

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

After seeing all the activity in the "Ascension" Board, Ape has generated more activity than I could of. I think all 5 posts are still there.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Sounds cool!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

For a moment I thought there was something wrong with my satellite dish when I saw CSI was on a channel it has no business being on. But I quickly remembered I had landed on SyFy, so then it all made sense -- in a really nonsensical way, which is pretty much their modus operandi these days, go figure.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Agree, good work Shaved. I went over there too and did a couple of plugs especially in the BSG subforum.

ecgordon

Star's Hero
I learned about this forum through shavedape's posts over on siffy. I had posted there for over fifteen years, nearly as long as I've had a computer. I'm also a regular at fireflyfans.net and serenitymovie.org, plus there are other boards I visited that no longer exist, and a few I've bookmarked but never participated on. I do have a board attached to my site, originally on ezboard, now on yuku, mainly to mention the reviews I post, but also for general discussion. It gets almost no traffic.

So, we'll see how it goes here. It will take a while to figure out how to find everything that would interest me. Don't expect me to be a prolific poster, but hopefully what ever I do say won't be a waste of time for you to read.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
I learned about this forum through shavedape's posts over on siffy. I had posted there for over fifteen years, nearly as long as I've had a computer. I'm also a regular at fireflyfans.net and serenitymovie.org, plus there are other boards I visited that no longer exist, and a few I've bookmarked but never participated on. I do have a board attached to my site, originally on ezboard, now on yuku, mainly to mention the reviews I post, but also for general discussion. It gets almost no traffic.

So, we'll see how it goes here. It will take a while to figure out how to find everything that would interest me. Don't expect me to be a prolific poster, but hopefully what ever I do say won't be a waste of time for you to read.

:welcomewagon:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Welcome all refugees from the SyFy Forums. ! I see an old apple tree has come alive and is now bearing fruit.

It was totally EZ to spot an old 'Dr Who' contributor of 5,000 posts. More might be coming, which might make for some interesting times.

:smiley_joy:

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

censorship,censorship!!!

no justice--no peace! :psychosga:

but seriously--the best relationships begin with full disclosure and open access to thoughts.etc

not by concealing "dirty laundry" in hidden closets (you know how pissed the girls get once they find all that stinky stuff after they move in!!?? :whip:)

just sayin'

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Hey OM --you should invite mockingbirg girl or sci fi sally (or whatever that other mod's name was) to post a blog here on the "death of syfy forums". i am sure they have much to say on the topic

maybe it would get more ppl to come here

how many have joined so far anyhow?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Mockingbirdgirl is over at Gallifrey base now I believe.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hey OM --you should invite mockingbirg girl or sci fi sally (or whatever that other mod's name was) to post a blog here on the "death of syfy forums". i am sure they have much to say on the topic

maybe it would get more ppl to come here

how many have joined so far anyhow?

Lets give her a job. :)

Annoyed

Surly Old Curmudgeon
Welcome all refugees from the SyFy Forums. ! I see an old apple tree has come alive and is now bearing fruit.

It was totally EZ to spot an old 'Dr Who' contributor of 5,000 posts. More might be coming, which might make for some interesting times.

Pakar, a new contributor at SyFy is here, while Annoyed58?( new name Annoy") is trying to show up.

:smiley_joy:
New name is simply "Annoyed"
Greetings, folks.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Welcome to the madhouse, don't mind the old fogies tearing eachother new ones, it's par for the course round these parts sometimes :lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
New name is simply "Annoyed"
Greetings, folks.

WELCOME!!!

:welcomewagon:

The first thing you have to get used to is the FREEDOM. :) There is lots of stuff you can do in the forums, like ratings and posting Wikipedia and all the other video sites (not just YouTube). There are HowTos, and you can pick two trinkets from the Awards and Trinkets as a newbie. The Awards are given for predictions, contests, contributions, etc. Have fun and tell the others there is a place to go.

Good to see you!