SyFy Forums going dark on January 1st

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think that they would probably leave up invites posted to the forums--i mean why would they take them down?

i don't remember my sign in info and i am not going through the bs of getting it back in time for their demise

--------------------------------------

some we may not want here

just saying... prepare for battle, if and when they come (bsg'ers sgu'ers, etc)[/quote]

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think that they would probably leave up invites posted to the forums--i mean why would they take them down?

i don't remember my sign in info and i am not going through the bs of getting it back in time for their demise

just saying... prepare for battle, if and when they come (bsg'ers sgu'ers, etc)

That is the reason I am not over there today. The password retrieval system must be disabled? I cant remember my password.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

[/quote]

"...Are you saying that there are people over there who/ whom are less lovable then me. myself, or I. Don't go by me, but I think there are more than 1 cranky-pants over there.

I see no difference between this Board and some of the for profit Boards that are being advertised in the above link.

Good timing, yongjin. I was backing up some of my work on the Caprica Thread.

Some of this might be familiar.

Thread for those who like to think Daniel Graystone is the first Hybrid
Started by yongjin02, Dec 05 2010 08:18 PM

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 yongjin02
Returnee

• Full Members
  • 883 posts
Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

OK, between what I have posted, and some like minded others (each of them with some differing in details but same basic thought) MACSTER. POOTMATOOT, CAPROCAINE- (pls excuse me if I have used your name in vain ) have been saying about the topic. And, considering RAZOR and any input from BSG Ep's, please add to this discussion in the spirit of the forum. If you think this theory bunk-well de-bunk it. That is counter-argue with thoughtful well considered remarks--retorts like "stop disabusing yourself" or "the hybrid was just a plot device" or " CAPRICA is a stand alone series, don't be so literal and make connections that aren't there" or "your'e a moron"--none of these are constructive nor do they add anything to the efforts and conversations by some to have thoughtful fun on a forum designed to do so.

Having said this, I am fully prepared for the closed ended criticisms that will come anyhow

Well here are a couple of thoughts for starters:
Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:59 PM

Also in RAZOR (just re-watched non-aired version on DVD with subtitles on) when Kendra Shaw encounters the hybrid she asks who he is. He replies "my children think I am a god" So as I and others have opined, the hybrid in RAZOR is a good "fit" for Daniel Graystone along the lines of what happened in Cap finale, his age , he would be what maybe 80-90 if naturally aged by the BSG time and certaintly "goo tub" tech would do something to slow down aging; if it can grow "skin" then why not? And his motives of the scientist/inventor wanting to perfect his creation;why would the hybrid refer to the centurions as his children unless he was their creator? (plus if Zoe is a part of a V-world/ Cylon projected "lala land" whatever place (as quoted by other in the "was Zoe mentioned in BSG " thread ) wouldn't Daniel want to have a way to be able to be "connected" with her no matter the costs?). Daniel has the right "fits" and motivations to have become the hybrid (Sharon said that hybrid was a dead end, would Daniel want anyone copying him anyhow? He may want a dead end so long as he gets what he wants and his original creations are "protected'). Whatever the case, hopefully some future work will address this and answer the issue

( just another 113 pages to go in a "Word" format.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Seems we're all backing stuff up.

I have all of the GIF vids in the "Down in the Dumps with Saul Tigh" series, which will be posted back up here (with proper credit to midshiftbrigwatch) shortly.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Seems we're all backing stuff up.

I have all of the GIF vids in the "Down in the Dumps with Saul Tigh" series, which will be posted back up here (with proper credit to midshiftbrigwatch) shortly.

" ... I have been crawling on my ceiling since I heard the Forum/ Boards are going down. I tried downloading the first 3 pages of "Down in the Dumps with Saul Tigh", and it took up to 20 MBs in a "Word" format. That doesn't include the GIFs.

So much to find and scavange for my posterity. I am trying to save a sampling of Lost Girl, Caprica, BSG, and several others. Continuum is basically my baby so I will try and save all three pages ..."

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don't worry. I have all the GIFs and will post them up here as soon as I upload them to cloud storage.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

"...Are you saying that there are people over there who/ whom are less lovable then me. myself, or I. Don't go by me, but I think there are more than 1 cranky-pants over there.

I see no difference between this Board and some of the for profit Boards that are being advertised in the above link.

Thread for those who like to think Daniel Graystone is the first Hybrid
Started by yongjin02, Dec 05 2010 08:18 PM

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 yongjin02
Returnee

• Full Members
  • 883 posts
Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

OK, between what I have posted, and some like minded others (each of them with some differing in details but same basic thought) MACSTER. POOTMATOOT, CAPROCAINE- (pls excuse me if I have used your name in vain ) have been saying about the topic. And, considering RAZOR and any input from BSG Ep's, please add to this discussion in the spirit of the forum. If you think this theory bunk-well de-bunk it. That is counter-argue with thoughtful well considered remarks--retorts like "stop disabusing yourself" or "the hybrid was just a plot device" or " CAPRICA is a stand alone series, don't be so literal and make connections that aren't there" or "your'e a moron"--none of these are constructive nor do they add anything to the efforts and conversations by some to have thoughtful fun on a forum designed to do so.

Having said this, I am fully prepared for the closed ended criticisms that will come anyhow

Well here are a couple of thoughts for starters:
Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:59 PM

Also in RAZOR (just re-watched non-aired version on DVD with subtitles on) when Kendra Shaw encounters the hybrid she asks who he is. He replies "my children think I am a god" So as I and others have opined, the hybrid in RAZOR is a good "fit" for Daniel Graystone along the lines of what happened in Cap finale, his age , he would be what maybe 80-90 if naturally aged by the BSG time and certaintly "goo tub" tech would do something to slow down aging; if it can grow "skin" then why not? And his motives of the scientist/inventor wanting to perfect his creation;why would the hybrid refer to the centurions as his children unless he was their creator? (plus if Zoe is a part of a V-world/ Cylon projected "lala land" whatever place (as quoted by other in the "was Zoe mentioned in BSG " thread ) wouldn't Daniel want to have a way to be able to be "connected" with her no matter the costs?). Daniel has the right "fits" and motivations to have become the hybrid (Sharon said that hybrid was a dead end, would Daniel want anyone copying him anyhow? He may want a dead end so long as he gets what he wants and his original creations are "protected'). Whatever the case, hopefully some future work will address this and answer the issue

( just another 113 pages to go in a "Word" format.[/quote]

oh the memories......

-------------------

the one cranky pants person i had in mind is the one dude who was like totally aggressive and off the hook about caprica being cancelled and with BLOOD and CHROME

can't remember his user name

NOW he would be a treat over here--he would make you and i look like we hated bsg

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

( just another 113 pages to go in a "Word" format.

oh the memories......

-------------------

the one cranky pants person i had in mind is the one dude who was like totally aggressive and off the hook about caprica being cancelled and with BLOOD and CHROME

NOW he would be a treat over here--he would make you and i look like we hated bsg[/quote]

" ... Seems to me he/ she did give us a once over. If memory is correct he was no Romeo, just a simple Cylon out for mischief. Unless of course you are thinking of ... ? ... "

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Cylon Romeo may be one of five or six( I say with a :fox:)? Over on SyFy I am the "CaproCaine" that "yongjin" speaks of.

:cylon-pancarte04:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Tried to find my old screen name and password for the SyFy forums but they are gone. I can't even remember what they might have been. Sorry folks. :moody:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Tried to find my old screen name and password for the SyFy forums but they are gone. I can't even remember what they might have been. Sorry folks. :moody:

The password retrieval thingie is working now. I just posted this on my oldest account:

Selection_006.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I think they will leave them up as well. I do not think Syfy is being callous, I think they are trimming off what they feel does not enhance their mission. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
TEST: Direct upload to GateFans

AEWST1.gif

YES! This works. Please upload the images directly to this site. Linking them from somewhere else will break them here if they are closed at the image source.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
oh the memories......

-------------------

NOW he would be a treat over here--he would make you and i look like we hated bsg

" ... Seems to me he/ she did give us a once over. If memory is correct he was no Romeo, just a simple Cylon out for mischief. Unless of course you are thinking of ... ? ... "[/quote]

no not him00he was actually here

the guy i am thinking of was an "obvious" not so "sophisticated (right word?)" guy who would always get way deep into things like Adama's service records and the seeming paradox of the young adama dying in CAPRICA, etc

you and i would of course enjoin him on these things and have very long posts and discussions, but i just cant remember his name

if you could get into those threads still (i lost my password) he would be easy to find

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I can't remember how to do a spoiler tag so here goes:
WayneHurlburt

The only two people who continued to argue about Adama's early childhood would of been me of course and my good friend Wayne.

I should add that you don't have to log in to copy any of your work. I clicked on one of your icons in the SGU Thread, which lead me to your official name and some of your latest content. You haven't been there for a while so they are not keeping track of your work.

Now if you go into the sub forums your work is there for all to see.

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The password retrieval thingie is working now. I just posted this on my oldest account:

View attachment 30612

Okay found my screen name and got it reactivated. :encouragement:

*Had to switch browsers to be able to post links but I got it to work finally.

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well I replied to the two threads I found mentioning the closing of the SyFy forums (Helix and one in General Discussion). I also created threads for Z Nation, Ascension and Continuum, replete with links to the threads here. I don't want to push my luck so if anyone else can post a new thread in the General Discussion forum at SyFy, replete with links to Gatefans, that would be great! :)

And just to make it easy for you here's the link to the General Discussion forum at SyFy:

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showforum=69

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I can't remember how to do a spoiler tag so here goes:
WayneHurlburt

The only two people who continued to argue about Adama's early childhood would of been me of course and my good friend Wayne.

I should add that you don't have to log in to copy any of your work. I clicked on one of your icons in the SGU Thread, which lead me to your official name and some of your latest content. You haven't been there for a while so they are not keeping track of your work.

Now if you go into the sub forums your work is there for all to see.

yes i just saw that i can view all things without password (dont know why, but i thought syfy was dickish about having to sign in to prevent lurkers, etc)

and, i found that name i was looking for, which you already put up--WAYNEHURLBURT

now he would be a hoot over here :smiley-laughing011:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Well I replied to the two threads I found mentioning the closing of the SyFy forums (Helix and one in General Discussion). I also created threads for Z Nation, Ascension and Continuum, replete with links to the threads here. I don't want to push my luck so if anyone else can post a new thread in the General Discussion forum at SyFy, replete with links to Gatefans, that would be great! :)

And just to make it easy for you here's the link to the General Discussion forum at SyFy:

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showforum=69

I will try and keep track of your 5 new posts over on Skiffy.