Syfy and Brad Wright beg you to watch SGEww live!

SGUBlows

GateFans Noob
Poor Brad. It must be disappointing when no one understands your genius.
This is it, exactly! His statements smell of someone who believes he's so far above the audience that he's now a victim of their inferiority. And that won't change no matter how much or well fans try to explain to him how he blew it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LMFAO!!!!!

:laughing:he didn't beg did he????:rotflmao:OMG he did beg! :laughing:he even whined! :laughing:how pathetic is that!??!?!?!?!:rotflmao:ok let me catch my breath a little....

sorry brad no rescue coming! Sink or swim on your own...
jack_help3.gif
you have one foot in the grave fella and I am not going to dig you out!
Have_one_foot_in_the_grave_by_Edme.gif
I'll be dancing on the grave here....
_dancing_on_your_grave_.gif
and partying like mad when the show is cancelled in the next few weeks!
emparty29.gif

the show is dead...let it go in peace!
smiley-violent083.gif

thanks for the chuckle though! :laughing:

SNARK!, SNARK! Everybody out of the water! :laughing:

Brad Wright needs to just give up and admit he messed up and the show has failed. Instead, he is going out like a punk, just like Mallozzi. Cooper did the right thing by leaving before he was given walking papers. But Brad and Mallozzi will be FIRED from their jobs because their failed show got canceled.

NOTE TO BRAD:

Look, here is your chance to redeem yourself. All you have to do is to extend your index finger and push this button:

cancel-button.jpg

As far as us fans go, we have also extended a finger for this show:

giving_the_finger.jpg

:rotflmao:

Nani

GateFans Noob
It's just a tv show. I'm not going to be vicious to someone over a fictional show. Its not like he robbed and killed someone. Brad gave us 15 years of good stargate we will all be watching for years to come.....15 out of 17 seasons isn't bad. Again he messed up with SGU and said some insulting things to fans but we are all human and we all make mistakes. I can forgive him. SGU will rightfully be cancelled soon but it will be hard for me to celebrate the cast and crew losing their jobs in the middle of a recession. I will really feel bad for the crew because they're just working class guys just scrapping by.

PS: After listening to TPTB, cast and crew of SG-1 and Atlantis on the audio commentaries for years I can't help but feel a little connected to these people...sgu deserves to be canned but I wish them all the best.

I agree with that point - I think TPTB are getting what they deserve but they are wealthy enough not to care or be truly affected. On the other hand, cast & mostly the crew, regular joes, will be losing their jobs & that's not something I want to celebrate. Well, it's a double-edged sword. :icon_e_confused: But the cast, if they are worth their salt (and some of them are, some SO aren't), will find other jobs, and with the sci-fi tv boom in B.C. the crew will likely be ok too.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
I agree with that point - I think TPTB are getting what they deserve but they are wealthy enough not to care or be truly affected. On the other hand, cast & mostly the crew, regular joes, will be losing their jobs & that's not something I want to celebrate. Well, it's a double-edged sword. :icon_e_confused: But the cast, if they are worth their salt (and some of them are, some SO aren't), will find other jobs, and with the sci-fi tv boom in B.C. the crew will likely be ok too.

Something will be filmed at Bridge even if sgu is cancelled. So im sure experienced crew will find work.

JaffaKree!

GateFans Member
Hello from noob

I just love the way Brad et co. went: "What? Oh, it's you. The little people who put me where I am today. Yes well, I don't need you anymore. Piss off!"

And now it's all: "Save me!"

:lol:

"They don't need us (scientists) until they need us." - McKay

Oh, btw I'm new here and sort of barged in. Hello everybody!

Nani

GateFans Noob
I just love the way Brad et co. went: "What? Oh, it's you. The little people who put me where I am today. Yes well, I don't need you anymore. Piss off!"

:welcomewagon:

Great McKay quote - very appropriate! :icon_lol:

Brad Wright also said in a Q&A posted by JoMo on Jan 2, 2009:

Folks, if Atlantis was performing brilliantly in the ratings, it would still be on the air.

Well, it's factually proven that SGA had better ratings in its last season than SGU does now. Hence... :icon_twisted:

Hyndara

GateFans Noob
It's just a tv show. I'm not going to be vicious to someone over a fictional show. Its not like he robbed and killed someone. Brad gave us 15 years of good stargate we will all be watching for years to come.....15 out of 17 seasons isn't bad. Again he messed up with SGU and said some insulting things to fans but we are all human and we all make mistakes. I can forgive him. SGU will rightfully be cancelled soon but it will be hard for me to celebrate the cast and crew losing their jobs in the middle of a recession. I will really feel bad for the crew because they're just working class guys just scrapping by.

PS: After listening to TPTB, cast and crew of SG-1 and Atlantis on the audio commentaries for years I can't help but feel a little connected to these people...sgu deserves to be canned but I wish them all the best.

Sorry, but some things TPTB had written or said loud the last two years are personal for me. I don't care about their future because I don't want to know anything about them anymore after SGU will be hopefully buried in the near future.

About the cast and the crew ... well, some of them were professional enough to hold themselves out of the hot zone, others aren't so clever - like my personal friend Smitty-boy with his beloved mommy. I will also wish the most of them good luck in their future and more luck in following projects.

About your comment about the commentaries: YES, I do too. Miss them all so hard and truly wish them back *sigh*.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

BW high horse looks more like a lame donkey now!

:welcomewagon:

Lilith

GateFans Noob
Welcome

Welcome, enjoy your time here, great quote.

JaffaKree!

GateFans Member
Thanks muchly for the warm welcome! I'm thrilled I found this forum of fellow SG fans who think that SGU sucks. I have so much pent up anger about it it's probably sad.
And my anger is not geared towards the show as much as towards the arrogance of the powers that be. They really stepped into it this time.
My only lament is that I'm not in the US so my not watching the show won't affect it one way or the other.

As per the quote, McKay is so quotable and the irony was so yum yum tasty I couldn't help myself.
:icon_e_geek:

Insomnium

GateFans Cadet
A bit late, but....

They found out the hard way that there WAS a moral to this story. Never piss off the fans who made your shows successful, and made you wealthy.
IOW,

"Always be nice to people on the way up; because you’ll meet the same people on the way down." -Wilson Mizner

Inara

GateFans Noob
IOW,

"Always be nice to people on the way up; because you’ll meet the same people on the way down." -Wilson Mizner

There's a saying in Texas: "You dance with them who brung ya."

Instead, TPTB decided the perfectly good dance partner they had for fifteen seasons of SG-1 and SGA wasn't hot enough, so they decided to flirt with someone who wasn't interested and made fools of themselves.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
There's a saying in Texas: "You dance with them who brung ya."

Instead, TPTB decided the perfectly good dance partner they had for fifteen seasons of SG-1 and SGA wasn't hot enough, so they decided to flirt with someone who wasn't interested and made fools of themselves.
I like your analogy! :beckettu: