Syfy and Brad Wright beg you to watch SGEww live!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
oh no he didn't beg did he?

:laughing:he didn't beg did he????:rotflmao:OMG he did beg! :laughing:he even whined! :laughing:how pathetic is that!??!?!?!?!:rotflmao:ok let me catch my breath a little....

sorry brad no rescue coming! Sink or swim on your own...
jack_help3.gif
you have one foot in the grave fella and I am not going to dig you out!
Have_one_foot_in_the_grave_by_Edme.gif
I'll be dancing on the grave here....
_dancing_on_your_grave_.gif
and partying like mad when the show is cancelled in the next few weeks!
emparty29.gif

the show is dead...let it go in peace!
smiley-violent083.gif

thanks for the chuckle though! :laughing:

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
I'm assuming they got a message from On High (NBC Universal) telling them that the axe was being sharpened in preparation for descent.

We know what's gonna happen the end of the month don't we?

turkey.gif

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
they will be carving that turkey up!

When does the last of the ten eps finish? im just wondering how many will have aired before the BW con attendance.

You know the begging will be in full swing. some may be swayed if he tugs the heart strings enough, :puke: not me of course. i have you guys to keep me on the straight and narrow :joy:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
When does the last of the ten eps finish? im just wondering how many will have aired before the BW con attendance.

You know the begging will be in full swing. some may be swayed if he tugs the heart strings enough, :puke: not me of course. i have you guys to keep me on the straight and narrow :joy:

the last week of nov. the tuesday after thanksgiving here in the USA. ;) fitting eh? by then even the leftovers are gone!

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob
http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/2010/11/brad-wright-please-watch-my-show/
In a new interview at Blastr (formerly SciFiWire), Brad Wright gives viewers eight reasons to watch Stargate Universe. He uses hints from upcoming episodes as enticement, noting many open story lines will be addressed. Among these are Rush’s discovery of the bridge, the fate of the crew members who stayed behind in Season One’s “Faith”, the stress of dealing with Lucian Alliance member Simeon, and the progress of Chloe’s alien transformation. Referring to the first half of SGU’s second season, Wright says:
I feel like the show has never been better and that there are folks who are digging it. The first 10 are just terrific. Obviously I’m proud of everything, but we did listen to some of the criticisms earlier on and worked on increasing the pace and increasing the adventure of the show, without changing the show entirely.”
Likely in reaction to the lower Nielsen ratings for SGU’s airing on Syfy channel this year, Wright makes a direct plea:
Wright has a request for fans. “Please watch my show. … I mean, ‘I’m loving the show. I downloaded it,’ … that does not keep us on the air. Viewers have to watch our show live on the same day, otherwise our television show is going to go away,” he said.
:lol::sgusucks:
Brad Wright TOO LATE.
Nothing can save YOUR show.It's not ours.I will not mourn it this so bad show despite you claim in this interview.It's not Terrific It's not better than the other but worse.
I don't believe you anymore.You can say what you want it's just piece of another lies to save what can't be saved.
Your show will be cancel coz it failed the most and it's no good at all.
Terrific I suppose you mean rather Terrible.
Brad you feel the breath of the death of your show and your plea prove you have strong worries
More this guy begs us more I don't want to watch it

Sorry made a mistake I didn't see this thread and created one more about the same article.

Jason1983

GateFans Noob
(sigh) just sad

I guess Brad finally woke up to reality after Caprica got cancelled. He should of listened to the fans and woken up when the second half of season 1 started to air because thats when the ratings started to go down. Sorry to say that...I don't like kicking people when they are down. The whole situation is just sad.

Fizz

GateFans Noob
I guess Brad finally woke up to reality after Caprica got cancelled. He should of listened to the fans and woken up when the second half of season 1 started to air because thats when the ratings started to go down. Sorry to say that...I don't like kicking people when they are down. The whole situation is just sad.

Hey, that's pretty mild compared to many others. It does suck to kick people when they're down, but a large part of me doesn't mind the payback after the many large, public and nasty dumps on the fans this time last year. What a difference a year makes huh?

I am kinda sad since it will be the first time ever since 1997 that there's no Stargate on air, yes I'm assuming it's 95% cancelled especially after this interview, but I won't really be sad to see this go.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

Well id love to say I felt sorry for him and the rest, but I kind of think that what the did to the cast of SGA was worse. Quickly followed by remebering every interview apart form the last two from BW where there was nothing but contempt imo for the previous shows and its fans.

So no, i feel more vindicated than anything. which is stupid realy as it is just a tv show i dont watch but it represents the worst of fandom and needs to stop.

Jason1983

GateFans Noob
Brad has done more good than bad.

Well id love to say I felt sorry for him and the rest, but I kind of think that what the did to the cast of SGA was worse. Quickly followed by remebering every interview apart form the last two from BW where there was nothing but contempt imo for the previous shows and its fans.

So no, i feel more vindicated than anything. which is stupid realy as it is just a tv show i dont watch but it represents the worst of fandom and needs to stop.

Brad has said somethings that have irked me: Brad Wright January 2010: "You guys [SGA fans] are actually pretty predictable. Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success."

And now this: Brad Wright November 2010: "Please watch my show. ... I mean, 'I'm loving the show. I downloaded it,' ... that does not keep us on the air. Viewers have to watch our show live on the same day, otherwise our television show is going to go away."

But I can forgive him for all this because he gave us 15 good seasons of Stargate vs 2 bad seasons. People make mistakes. Plus I don't think the stargate franchise will end after sgu gets cancelled. (example: the BSG franchise is getting a new show)

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob
Brad has said somethings that have irked me: Brad Wright January 2010: "You guys [SGA fans] are actually pretty predictable. Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success."

And now this: Brad Wright November 2010: "Please watch my show. ... I mean, 'I'm loving the show. I downloaded it,' ... that does not keep us on the air. Viewers have to watch our show live on the same day, otherwise our television show is going to go away."

But I can forgive him for all this because he gave us 15 good seasons of Stargate vs 2 bad seasons. People make mistakes. Plus I don't think the stargate franchise will end after sgu gets cancelled. (example: the BSG franchise is getting a new show)
:lol:

Not so predictable we are not followed him from SGA to sgu.
Indeed Syfy greenlighted BSG spin off when sgu had to be the one that had to replace BSG.So BW can feel the danger by now.

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob
Eh BW Eh JM so DVR+7 are not so important now.You have some worries about your close future and now it the live numbers are so more important.
Wright has a request for fans. “Please watch my show. … I mean, ‘I’m loving the show. I downloaded it,’ … that does not keep us on the air. Viewers have to watch our show live on the same day, otherwise our television show is going to go away,” he said.
:lol:

Hyndara

GateFans Noob
Dear Mr. Wright:

NO! You should better learn right now that fan's memories are lasting longer then you think. And to use an example I'm sure you know:
SGU isn't my Stargate, it's a different show that I don't like and don't enjoy so I can guarantee you I will never download only a second of this show and surely I will not watch it. So, in the past you did not want fans of Stargate, now you don't have them. Your wish came true so why you are now down on your knees?

About kicking when someone is down ... what did TPTB the last two years? Now it is time for the revenge - and I'm pretty good in kicking, something I've learned the hard way *evil grin*.

Fizz

GateFans Noob
So, in the past you did not want fans of Stargate, now you don't have them.

I think that is the best summing up of SGU I have read in 2 years. Pretty much says it all.

Fizz

GateFans Noob
They found out the hard way that ther WAS a moral to this story. Never piss off the fans who made your shows successful, and made you wealthy. No one wants to see a bunch of morally ambiguous people basically *******, sucking, pissing and moaning. Bring Atlantis Back and we'll consider giving you another chance
daniel_new_anime012.gif
sgusuckssign.gif
Weeeellll, you CAN do that, but only if you have the talent to back it up ala BSG (for some seasons) The Wire, The Sopranos etc, but not if the only thing your writing used to get any praise for was humor and decent action adventure cheesy awesomeness. Really, those guys thought turning off the lights would get them an Emmy? Boggles the mind.

And failing "LOST" clones are sooo 2005 biatches.

Jason1983

GateFans Noob
Keep in mind...

About kicking when someone is down ... what did TPTB the last two years? Now it is time for the revenge - and I'm pretty good in kicking, something I've learned the hard way *evil grin*.

It's just a tv show. I'm not going to be vicious to someone over a fictional show. Its not like he robbed and killed someone. Brad gave us 15 years of good stargate we will all be watching for years to come.....15 out of 17 seasons isn't bad. Again he messed up with SGU and said some insulting things to fans but we are all human and we all make mistakes. I can forgive him. SGU will rightfully be cancelled soon but it will be hard for me to celebrate the cast and crew losing their jobs in the middle of a recession. I will really feel bad for the crew because they're just working class guys just scrapping by.

PS: After listening to TPTB, cast and crew of SG-1 and Atlantis on the audio commentaries for years I can't help but feel a little connected to these people...sgu deserves to be canned but I wish them all the best.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

What he did was insult, diminish and alienate the existing fan base. Why? Because Mr. Sensitive was huwt weally, weally bad when he found out they didn't wike his show. Waaaahhhh!

You're being nice. The problem with Brad isn't only that he gave us two bad seasons but that he insulted the fan base with complete unfettered arrogance.