Star Wars VII - The Force Awakens

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I dunno. All this hype around The Force Awakens is putting me to sleep. Getting tired of the hype and, most of all, making a colossally big deal over Luke missing from all the movie ad media. Yeah, yeah, we get it. We're all supposed to guess he's gone to the dark side.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I agree Bluce.

Alas this is the rumor mill run wild. And since we have over five weeks to go until release it will only get worse.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I dunno. All this hype around The Force Awakens is putting me to sleep. Getting tired of the hype and, most of all, making a colossally big deal over Luke missing from all the movie ad media. Yeah, yeah, we get it. We're all supposed to guess he's gone to the dark side.
I agree Bluce.

Alas this is the rumor mill run wild. And since we have over five weeks to go until release it will only get worse.

This is exactly how JJ has done EVERYTHING he has created. Tease, obfuscate, distraction and disinformation. He thinks that builds interest, and it does. But it frustrates too. He did it with Cloverfield, Revolution (the TV show), Star Trek 2009 and Into Darkness, and he is doing it with Star Wars VII.

Depressing note: JJ Abrams will be doing Star Trek 4 as Director, and he is doing Cloverfield 2.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0009190/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Cloverfield sucked. :beckett_new050:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
This is exactly how JJ has done EVERYTHING he has created. Tease, obfuscate, distraction and disinformation. He thinks that builds interest, and it does. But it frustrates too. He did it with Cloverfield, Revolution (the TV show), Star Trek 2009 and Into Darkness, and he is doing it with Star Wars VII.

Depressing note: JJ Abrams will be doing Star Trek 4 as Director, and he is doing Cloverfield 2.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0009190/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Maybe he's just getting a producer credit for the upcoming Trek movie. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Maybe he's just getting a producer credit for the upcoming Trek movie. :(

He is. But he is doing the 4th movie because the next Star Wars movie has not yet been announced. Remember, we are only coming up on Star NuTrek III. :(

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually different websites have different producers for Star Trek Beyond. IMDB has Abrams, Memory Alpha has Orci and so on. IMDB is unfortunately very suspect as pretty much anyone can create entries on it. They have a listing for Star Trek 14 which is so far unannounced.

As to Star Wars movies, Star Wars Episode VIII has been announced. Rian Johnson is the director. It was announced at the same time they announced Rogue One, directed by Gareth Edwards.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
He is. But he is doing the 4th movie because the next Star Wars movie has not yet been announced. Remember, we are only coming up on Star NuTrek III. :(

bolded= what do you think i have been posting?

SW EP8 is coming out December 17

the anthology movies-rogue squadron, han solo, boba fett, are due to come out in the yrs there is no "main story" film

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I think a Han Solo movie or two could be good as he's a fully developed character. Plus he's interesting. His origins might be fun to explore. But I draw the line at Boba Fett. He's lame and uninteresting.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
bolded= what do you think i have been posting?

SW EP8 is coming out December 17

the anthology movies-rogue squadron, han solo, boba fett, are due to come out in the yrs there is no "main story" film

No, it's EP7 coming out this December, and EP8 is on May 26th of 2017. Thanks for making me look!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/

I think those other movies will not be considered episodes of the new trilogy which is planned, starting with EP7. I bet their titles will not have the word "Episode" in them. :) I don't know...

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
No, it's EP7 coming out this December, and EP8 is on May 26th of 2017. Thanks for making me look!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/

I think those other movies will not be considered episodes of the new trilogy which is planned, starting with EP7. I bet their titles will not have the word "Episode" in them. :) I don't know...

i wouldn't count on the May release==look at the first post in this thread. one of the teaser posters said may 2015 for ep 7, so...
the other are not in the trilogy and will not have "episode"

i posted that as well :nono: they will be known as the "Star Wars Anthology" series

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
HE will be in the movie!!!!

:icon_e_surprised: :icon_lol:

:shep_lol::shep_lol::shep_lol::shep_lol::rotflmao::anim_19::smiley-laughing024::happy0007:
Whomever did that is AWESOME with compositing!

I hope they just treat Jar Jar as though he never existed. He was gone by EP4, so they should leave him gone. :) They could show us a grave or some sort of (minor) monument to him, just to let us know he died.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
:shep_lol::shep_lol::shep_lol::shep_lol::rotflmao::anim_19::smiley-laughing024::happy0007:
Whomever did that is AWESOME with compositing!

I hope they just treat Jar Jar as though he never existed. He was gone by EP4, so they should leave him gone. :) They could show us a grave or some sort of (minor) monument to him, just to let us know he died.

they did deal with jar jar in the last season of the clone wars (the last, last one on NETFLIX). he shacked up with some alien queen on some remote planet. probably done with him.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What if......Jar Jar was Anakin's mystery father! It would explain why Anakin's acted like such an idiot all the time.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Leaked photo of Hamill in his Jedi robes:

hamill.jpg

And of course, the action figure toy is already ready before the film:

SPOILER-ALERT-THE-FORCE-AWAKENS-LUKE-SKYWALKER-ACTION-FIGURE-2-221x300.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yaaaaawn.......as I expected, there are rumors that Yoda might return in Star Wars: The Force Awakens:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star...ght-Bring-Legendary-Character-Back-91027.html

Disclaimer:

This is all speculation at this point, and like most things about Star Wars: The Force Awakens, it leaves us with more questions than anything else. As J.J. Abrams has said we won’t get any more trailers (though TV spots will reportedly happen), we likely won’t know much more than we already do before the film opens on December 18.

Let's face it. Yoda has to return in some form. He is Jedi Wisdom and Power Incarnate. Even more iconic than Darth Vader IMO. And JJ will find some way to bring him back, because he knows this. :) Speculation, sure. But it would not make sense not to have him back, other than the fact that he died and is already a Force Ghost. :) Considering how powerful he is supposed to be, it isn't at all a stretch.

_1446071524.jpg

Two more months....then this thread will be hopping. :) I have promoted it to an article on the front page.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Yoda will not be back, there is no need for him to come back -at all-
Mentioned, sure.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It would be weird for Luke not to mention Yoda, as he was trained by Yoda.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yoda will not be back, there is no need for him to come back -at all-
Mentioned, sure.

I doubt he can ever come back in Star Wars (no time travel nonsense in SW) as far as a flesh and blood character. But as a Force ghost? Almost certainly, and not just in this movie but the two that follow as well. Abrams will use him as he used Leonard Nimoy in Star Trek 2009 and STID.