STAR WARS REBELS SEASON 2.5

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Caught up on the latest season last night. It is fairly okay. They're trying to do a C3PO/R2D2 thing with Chopper. Not sure how much I like that or not.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
season finale was very,very good.

almost felt like i was watching something more of a SW's movie in story and production quality then a weekly show

and it was on for the hour instead of the half (that is 42m's vs 17 or so)

we had the promised Ahsoka vs Vader duel

an old bad guy--who is now confused to his loyalty and is neither Jedi nor Sith (hmm,kind of like the First Order and the Ren Knights are?-not saying anything other then that coincidence)

more inquisitors

a sith temple and holocron

and we saw a shot of a cross guard ls (just like Ren's) in green, and it is revealed that these were a Jedi design of long ago, not sith (based on where it was found and with "whom")

any how,good fun

now we got to wait another yr or so for S3

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
season finale was very,very good.

almost felt like i was watching something more of a SW's movie in story and production quality then a weekly show

and it was on for the hour instead of the half (that is 42m's vs 17 or so)

we had the promised Ahsoka vs Vader duel

an old bad guy--who is now confused to his loyalty and is neither Jedi nor Sith (hmm,kind of like the First Order and the Ren Knights are?-not saying anything other then that coincidence)

more inquisitors

a sith temple and holocron

and we saw a shot of a cross guard ls (just like Ren's) in green, and it is revealed that these were a Jedi design of long ago, not sith (based on where it was found and with "whom")

any how,good fun

now we got to wait another yr or so for S3

geesh!?! no one watched it yet?

anyhow, another thought, the path that Maul is on now (notice, he dropped the Darth, he said 'formerly Darth')-neither with the Sith or Jedi, but wishing to see both ended is much like the assumed position we have of Snoke from EP 7.

in this ep, it is also what he is trying to educate Ezra on--he calls him "my apprentice"

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I saw it but I wasn't blown away. The Sith temple thing was weird and off-putting I thought. I liked that they finally got rid of some Inquisitors but don't like that none of the good guys ever do the deed. It's either an accident when a bad guy dies or it's done by another bad guy. I don't care if this is a Jedi thing I find it lame.

Also didn't care for not finding out how the battle between Ahsoka and Vader ended. They showed Vader limping away as if to give the impression that he won, but you know they will probably bring Ahsoka back at some point.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The Sith temple thing was weird and off-putting

they keep bringing in snippets of the EXT UNIV into new canon bit by bit in their own directed and "official" way

none of the good guys ever do the deed.

i think that may be because it is also a "kiddie show" as well. they do a great job of blending things for all age groups, but i am thinking that disney (or whomever) doesn't want the kiddies to see the good guys killing anyone directly

we do see them killing other things though--like those spider-pus creatures in last ep

They showed Vader limping away

again,more EU stuff coming in. much of the non canon books have Vader being injured several times between his initial injury and EP4

probably bring Ahsoka back at some point

I learned during CW's that if you don't see someone dying on screen, then they probably are not dead

though with that explosion,she is sure to come back with some sort of injury,deformation

it would be interesting if the Temple (we know it has some AI in it though it no longer has the holocron) somehow "heals" Ahsoka and turns her...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Poor Ezra has to get a new light saber now too. :icon_lol:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Poor Ezra has to get a new light saber now too. :icon_lol:

yeah thats right..can't remember, did he or any of the others keep any of the LS that were in the temple, like say the crossguard green one?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
yeah thats right..can't remember, did he or any of the others keep any of the LS that were in the temple, like say the crossguard green one?

No idea, but I suspect Ezra will get a "grown up" LS next. This episode seems to have tipped the story into a more dark realm of sorts.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Since they made the (entirely logical and understandable) decision to jettison the EU, the Lucasfilm Story Group can now cherry pick the EU elements that fit the overall story the best and reintroduce them in a controlled manner. I like this aspect of things.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Since they made the (entirely logical and understandable) decision to jettison the EU, the Lucasfilm Story Group can now cherry pick the EU elements that fit the overall story the best and reintroduce them in a controlled manner. I like this aspect of things.

Totally agree. And the movies will use some of that as well.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
can now cherry pick the EU elements that fit the overall story

the blindness of Kanan reminds me of the same thing that happened to Rahm Kota in FORCE AWAKENS

rumor has it (as internet rumors go that is) that another secret apprentice-sep from the Inquisitors, will be intro'd in S3 and he/she will be modeled on the Starkiller character

ppl are also looking for a set up to ROGUE ONE in S3 as well with a possible place for Admiral Thrawn--not my ideas, just repeating rumors

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
not a 'follower' of these numbers,so someone can figure out what the overall 'number' is once all the age groups are added up

funny-you can kind of guess that the writer of this piece is not a SW's fan or else he would have written (more) of the show's appeal to adults-that is, it's not just a kids cartoon

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ratings-disney-xd-star-wars-rebels-finale-1201757980/

I used to think of the animated SW shows like that too if you recall. :) Yes, these shows do appeal to a substantial number of adults, but the show is being marketed to kids and was created for them primarily.

My issue with Star Wars marketing is that TPTB assume that everyone is going to want to watch every SW show and keep up with every SW novel just to get explanations of shit in the movies that don't get explained. They want us to buy DVD sets containing "deleted scenes" to complete the picture. Not. Gonna. Fall. For. It. If the movies are incomplete, that is bad.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
everyone is going to want to watch every SW show

completely agree--the same could be said for say Trek TNG

if one only watched the films and did not watch the series they would have missed some things

to me it is all about just how "involved" one wants to be and to what depth one wants to submerge themselves into not just the 'front(movie)' story but the surrounding events as well

also,can't pin it all on DISNEY-Lucas has been planning some type of TV breakout for a long while with SW's

Clone Wars was just the first successful one-he had been trying to get things like a series on Boba Fett and one on Han Solo for quite a while. I think the one on Fett got along pretty far in the development with FOX (?) before Lucas started leaning towards DISNEY for the sell out

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I used to think of the animated SW shows like that too if you recall. :) Yes, these shows do appeal to a substantial number of adults

but what do those various numbers mean? is it just simple addition to get to the total viewed or is their more to it? and does that include DVR and other methods (legal) of viewing?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
To be honest the Trek movies did not start relying on people having watched the shows until they transitioned to using the TNG setting and cast.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
but what do those various numbers mean? is it just simple addition to get to the total viewed or is their more to it? and does that include DVR and other methods (legal) of viewing?

They are benchmarking their target audience and ignoring everyone else. What is important to them is the appeal in the target demographic, not the adults or the piraters or getting TOTAL numbers. Many women wear men's boxer shorts, but the boxer short manufacturers do not concern themselves with those women, just the men who buy boxer shorts (which has the largest men's underwear market worldwide in terms of type).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
To be honest the Trek movies did not start relying on people having watched the shows until they transitioned to using the TNG setting and cast.

True, and even then, the stories in TV Trek never relied on the movies to fill in the blanks. The series shows were not used to explain stuff left out intentionally from the movies.